Match Thread Boro' Match Thread (1 Viewer)

JAM See

On the other hand, he did once manage to scoop it over the bar while he had one hand almost on the goalpost. Not the best with his feet was our Tone. Mark was a definite upgrade in that respect.

Best header of a ball has to be Mick Fergusson
Never saw Ferguson (probably did but don't really remember it). For me, it's Dion. All day, every day.

Marty

Would take a draw, 1-1. If they're a typical Neil Warnock side then I expect a tough game with plenty of 'gamesmanship'.

Would be good for Gyorkeres to get back scoring, or O'Hare to finally convert a chance.

oscillatewildly

Finally managed to wriggle free of the constraints of family life to be able to make this my first game of the season.
A quick question - I'll be doing POG. How many POG gates are designated on matchday and will I be able to POG to sit on the 'far side'? (As in dug out/tech area side) I've never sat in that part of the ground before.

blunted

Worry that they appear to have a bit of pace up front which we can at times struggle against. No daft penalties please. Hope their 12 new signings haven't gelled yet. Always a tough game against a Warnock side. Need a win to keep the momentum going but a draw would not be a disaster.

edgy

Finally managed to wriggle free of the constraints of family life to be able to make this my first game of the season.
A quick question - I'll be doing POG. How many POG gates are designated on matchday and will I be able to POG to sit on the 'far side'? (As in dug out/tech area side) I've never sat in that part of the ground before.

POGs are dotted all around, seem to be plenty of them, especially up towards the North Stand. You can pretty much walk anywhere you want after you're in. Maybe not to the half way line of that stand you're talking about but you'll get into that stand.

Philosorapter

This...

I think this is a bigger test than QPR. I expected Rangers to beat us as they're a very good side.

If we can get a result out of Boro at home then it will show we can mix it with some of the top half sides that are probably not playoff teams.

A draw away at QPR would have been good but a loss was not disastrous. 'Boro is about that strength in the league where a home win would start to confirm the form from the earlier games that this season may be a lot more intriguing than most thought of at the start of the season.

One game at a time though. The season has just started.

I'd say it is quite a big game.

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

Speedie was amazing in the air, especially when you consider his height- there's one on here at about 50 secs where the ball comes to him having lost its pace, but he gets more power on his header than you'd think should be humanly possible..

Was that the last time a short corner routine worked as well? :D

That cheeky chip from Speedo for the fourth was pure filth :love:

CDK

On the other hand, he did once manage to scoop it over the bar while he had one hand almost on the goalpost. Not the best with his feet was our Tone. Mark was a definite upgrade in that respect.

Best header of a ball has to be Mick Fergusson
Mick Ferguson great header an centre forward and his fellow striker Ian wallace what a partnership,Deadly.
Also saw hateley father and son Mark the better striker far more complete ability wise.

WestEndAgro

Home win for me, no reason why we can't win this it's "Boro" not Real Madrid.
Win your home games the rest looks after it's self.
We barely lost a game at blues, one of which was Tranmere who we destroyed.

Fulham and the Baggies are the big two, and I'm not exactly quaking in my boots at the thought of these "Giants" coming to town.
Let's do this PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread