Match Thread Boro' Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

Bout time ! We beat this lot and stuffed whinging Warnock - team should be really up for it as they will have been bored like us - not sure we will see Kelly or Bright on the bench but their time is coming

edgy

So are we saying Big Vic and Waggy with C'OH behind? or Big Vic with Allen and C'OH behind?

Greggs

Ain't Wagehorn from around middlesborough area? He's definitely gonna be running around loads and trying his best if Hamer let's him take a corner.

Reactions: vow

Great_Expectations

Doubly excited for this; it’s the first time this season I can do my usual (well pre Brum / pre Covid) routine of lunch, ale, a nice walk along the canal and another ale or two after the game. The last few games have been purely about the game, but I’ve got a full pass out for this one! And secondly I hate international breaks, so glad it’s over and we can get back to real football.

Tomorrow will be a tough test due to how they will likely set up, but if we can play the high press and play on the front foot we have enough technically good players to cause issues.

Hoping to see big games from Sheaf, Hamer, COH and Gyokeres. All players capable of changing games. And not forgetting the ever reliably threatening Dabo.

Frustrating as he is, I would play Walker. His lackadaisical approach does him no favours, but there’s definitely ability and potential there. Gyokeres could be the perfect foil for him to really come good.

2-0, Gyokeres, Hyam.

Evo1883

Tickets sold a bit better now in the home end , more than against Reading ..

So I think about 19000

Happy_Martian

We're not beaten at home so far but I'm still concerned that the defence is suspect. Midfield, our Box formation is great at attacking the opposition but leaves us short up front. And Vik and Wagz do not work together as they're both very similar in style. So for me, it has to be either one to start with either Walker or God alongside.

We'll score (probably in the last 5 mins again ;) ) but I can see 'Boro outscoring us. 1-3 defeat for Cov. But no sendings off.

Paxman II

Another tricky one to call. You don't want to hand any momentum to other teams at this early stage of the season. Don't lose is the mantra I think. But, we have the players to win this one, it's just about the one's Robins plays. Bright on the bench I reckon. Godden starts with Gyokeres for me. Kelly maybe on the bench.

Grendel

I liked him- was never the most technically gifted but all over the place, gave his all every game.

I thought he was shite

Grendel

Bright on the bench I reckon.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Largely due to the Robins/public transport variable, the value of your appraisals has shrunken to the testicular size of roid-munching weight lifters

He was shite

Mcbean

Doing my homework on the Brum Derby game - fans crammed in to a couple of stands - Troy Deeney a very good signing - waiting to come on

Evo1883

Yea , I'd be very surprised if there's just 17000 all in today ..

Sold better than reading definitely in the home end

Sky Blue Harry H

Interested to see how that Ikpeazu is for them. Thought he was a lump a few years ago with Cambridge Utd (but not very good) yet seems to have made his way up the ladder. Surprised me if I'm honest

skyblue025

The type of game Fadz should thrive in, will see how JCS can handle the physical side of things. Long ball and full press from them. Hopefully our better passing ability sees us through. Going for a 2:1 win but if we don't match up physically we will lose.

stevefloyd

Give them an extra shout from me today, I am in Wales with the trouble and strife :( probably with no bleeding signal on my phone so look forward to reading the match thread as it happens PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread