Match Thread Boro' Match Thread (2 Viewers)

It’sabatch87

Remember it well sat in the west terrace, I’m sure Stuart Ripley tore Greg Downs a new one that day!!

Last edited:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Recently near Fulham ground on opening day after game had ended.A lot of noisy and quite alcohol fueled fans. The way they were singing, I thought they had won just a 1-1 draw.

Bad memories of their fans in around Nov 1979, attacked as a 16 year old nowhere near ground by about 3 big guys. Hence don't like them one bit and let's not forget their manipulated postponed games when it suits them antics in late 90's.

NortonSkyBlue

Recently near Fulham ground on opening day after game had ended.A lot of noisy and quite alcohol fueled fans. The way they were singing, I thought they had won just a 1-1 draw.

Bad memories of their fans in around Nov 1979, attacked as a 16 year old nowhere near ground by about 3 big guys. Hence don't like them one bit and let's not forget their manipulated postponed games when it suits them antics in late 90's.
Their antics actually kept us up and relegated them.

tisza

Ayresome Park was a horrible ground. Late 70s they used to have bits of canvas and wood to slot onto the fences for when the local "Phil Taylors" started to lob those old plastic pub darts across.

Evo1883

Home tickets not selling as well as I'd hoped tbh .

Hopefully picks up by Friday .

Skyblueweeman

I used to have a VHS of season highlights and I think that was on there.

Would watch it over and over.

Same here! Think I had that season and the season after as well.

From those two seasons and watching those VHS's hundreds of times, my memories:

* David Speedie lobbing people for fun
* David Smith looking like Ronaldo on the wings
* David Speedie going in goal vs Norwich? Remember a stat on one video of Norwich being a bogey side for us. Bryan Gunn sent off for them as well?

D

Deleted member 2477

Two best headers of the ball to play for city.
Speedie and Dublin but if I was to pick one it would be Speedie for his size he had a remarkable jump and scored such a variety of goals

Irish Sky Blue

Here's your lunch hour sorted...

Just watched this back. Apart from conceding the 4 goals, what a good performance. Great finishing from Slaviin.
A game we should never have lost .
Great performances from Smith, Borrows and Speedie, the latter a player I never really took to but who was tremendous in this game. That said, he should have been sent off, would have been with the way referees operate today.

Saddlebrains

Home tickets not selling as well as I'd hoped tbh .

Hopefully picks up by Friday .

Its a shame, but lets be honest the casual fan doesn't give a shit anymore.

Tell you what we did miss out on, the feel good feeling of a trophy parade and first season back in the championship. Would have added a good 4k onto things i feel, momentum

D

Deleted member 2477

two days before our first match for two weeks and I cant see a mat h thread or any paticular interest in the game by how quiet the forum is.
whats going on ?

Users who are viewing this thread