Book (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hey guys,

I mentioned on here a while back that I was writing a novel, well I'm glad to say it is finally finished and ready to buy on Amazon!

If it does interest anyone, then please do go ahead and purchase a copy (the ebook presents much better value than the paperback due to printing costs). If you could even leave me a review on Amazon, that would be amazing.

It's called The Age of No Commitment, and is a romantic suspense novel, with a twist of dark humour.

Thank you so much!

clint van damme

Hey guys,

I mentioned on here a while back that I was writing a novel, well I'm glad to say it is finally finished and ready to buy on Amazon!

If it does interest anyone, then please do go ahead and purchase a copy (the ebook presents much better value than the paperback due to printing costs). If you could even leave me a review on Amazon, that would be amazing.

It's called The Age of No Commitment, and is a romantic suspense novel, with a twist of dark humour.

Thank you so much!

Is it available elsewhere? I've not got an amazon account.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is this the one? (Just need to know I have the right one. Always ready to help a fellow author out. Blurred your name out for privacy reasons)
41+BRNWKdDL.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you give it a random category and we all buy it at once we can make you an official best selling author:

Yep, I did look into that, but they have clamped down on it now sadly. The categories you can choose from are now significantly limited.

Would be really great if you got it though :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is it available elsewhere? I've not got an amazon account.

Sadly I've only got it on Amazon (at the moment).

The paperbook is a lot more than I wanted to price it, but I still only get about 15p from that. The ebook is much better value for both reader and me, heaps cheaper too.

If you can't get a copy I would be more than happy to send you one in person as a courtesy. Don't get too hung up if not though, I did this for myself above anything else so even though it is nice if others read it, it isn't the end of the world!

Houchens Head

Sadly I've only got it on Amazon (at the moment).

The paperbook is a lot more than I wanted to price it, but I still only get about 15p from that. The ebook is much better value for both reader and me, heaps cheaper too.

If you can't get a copy I would be more than happy to send you one in person as a courtesy. Don't get too hung up if not though, I did this for myself above anything else so even though it is nice if others read it, it isn't the end of the world!
I published mine with lulu.com. That was years ago. I get £3.68 a copy and £1.84 for an e-book download. You might try changing publishers?
(recent activity to my PayPal account from Lulu Press)
Capture.JPG

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bought it mate. Apparently I could read it for free on Kindle Unlimited didn’t though cos not sure if it would still count.
Hero mate, thank you!

I'm not too sure how it works as such. Considering I just published it I'll have to check the nightly sales reports. To be honest, reviews are more important for me than the money.

Hope you enjoy 😊

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I published mine with lulu.com. That was years ago. I get £3.68 a copy and £1.84 for an e-book download. You might try changing publishers?
(recent activity to my PayPal account from Lulu Press)
View attachment 19359
Haha, one of those is my purchase! Glad to see you got some royalties 😊.

One of my mates in the Netherlands just brought a copy bless her. Had to ship from amazon in Germany and cost quite a bit. Think I owe her a beer!

Houchens Head

Haha, one of those is my purchase! Glad to see you got some royalties 😊.

One of my mates in the Netherlands just brought a copy bless her. Had to ship from amazon in Germany and cost quite a bit. Think I owe her a beer!
I remember you said you'd bought a copy! I'm in the same mind as you, though. I never wrote the book to become a famous author, more for the reason that I wanted people to understand what an upbringing I had. Also, it was a task that I really wanted to complete - the book writing part. It took a long time, and loads of re-writes, but I loved doing it as I'm sure you did.

rob9872

Fair play lads.

Considered doing it many times, again not for profit just for me but then thought who on earth would be interested anyhow as my life isn't all that interesting, well not the things I could publish anyhow. Also like most things I do, I imagine it would start well, go off a bit, get a second wind and then end all too abruptly because in my head I'd think ah fek it that will do!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I remember you said you'd bought a copy! I'm in the same mind as you, though. I never wrote the book to become a famous author, more for the reason that I wanted people to understand what an upbringing I had. Also, it was a task that I really wanted to complete - the book writing part. It took a long time, and loads of re-writes, but I loved doing it as I'm sure you did.

I really enjoyed reading it mate, although some of the shit you've been through makes my troubles look small in comparison.

You should be very proud of what you've achieved, and I must say, I feel really strong mentally after releasing it. It might be appalling, but I still worked really hard on something and achieved it. Had loads and loads of messages off people today too, but funnily enough complete silence from a certain bunch of people who I haven't felt have had my back for a while. I think that's the half the point of a hard time though, you learn who your mates are.

I definitely enjoyed writing it, and it was really therapeutic to me. I really hope you enjoy it too!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fair play lads.

Considered doing it many times, again not for profit just for me but then thought who on earth would be interested anyhow as my life isn't all that interesting, well not the things I could publish anyhow. Also like most things I do, I imagine it would start well, go off a bit, get a second wind and then end all too abruptly because in my head I'd think ah fek it that will do!

I'll be honest. It has taken me a year to do it. Although I only really started doing it properly about four or five months ago. Having a structure and targets to tick off is key, and by the end I was exhausted. Now though, as I said above, I'm buzzing.

Wish you luck if you decide to give it a go.

RegTheDonk

Will the downloads work on an Android tablet or do you have to have a kindle?

Tend to listen to audio books / radio dramas when driving rather than print these days. A bit lazy but I haven't read an actual book for years.

Well done quite an achievement :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Chapter One - "...Sadly that didn't account for my boss, who was a prick"..

Based on a true story? :)

This book is a work of fiction and, except in the case of historical fact, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.*

*That we know of.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Will the downloads work on an Android tablet or do you have to have a kindle?

Tend to listen to audio books / radio dramas when driving rather than print these days. A bit lazy but I haven't read an actual book for years.

Well done quite an achievement :)

Android tablet should be fine. My dad is an absolute dinosaur and managed to do it, so you should be fine!

Thanks a lot Reg.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Stumbled across a couple of typos today annoyingly. I proof read it a thousand times and had a Beta reader too, but some stuff still got missed which somehow I am only spotting now.

Will be updating the manuscript shortly, but apologies to those more eagle eyed!

Houchens Head

Stumbled across a couple of typos today annoyingly. I proof read it a thousand times and had a Beta reader too, but some stuff still got missed which somehow I am only spotting now.

Will be updating the manuscript shortly, but apologies to those more eagle eyed!
I'm a bugger for proof reading! I'll soon let you know! 😂 😂 😂

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm a bugger for proof reading! I'll soon let you know! 😂 😂 😂

Good lad!

Me too actually, but when you have read your own work so many times your brain sees what it wants to see. That's why I got a Beta reader, who looks like they missed a fair bit!

giphy.gif

Otis

I bet. That's pretty quick to be honest. No writer's block?

I have never had the patience to write a novel.

Fair play to you. Hope it sells well. 👍🏼

covcity4life

Wtf

Had no idea you into writing

How did you get s cover made? Did u need to sign up with an agent?

How can one just get s book made lol

Well done tho

bringbackrattles

As Houch knows I've been thinking about writing a book for a few years, but was settled into writing football articles for magazines etc. But been looking around for assistance and guidance, but not found much to be honest. Although I was told recently best know what I intend to write about either about football, or my life experiences etc ? I could blend them together ? Anyway its great that someone on here has got a book published, as I'm finding out that isnt easy!

Houchens Head

As Houch knows I've been thinking about writing a book for a few years, but was settled into writing football articles for magazines etc. But been looking around for assistance and guidance, but not found much to be honest. Although I was told recently best know what I intend to write about either about football, or my life experiences etc ? I could blend them together ? Anyway its great that someone on here has got a book published, as I'm finding out that isnt easy!
And as I keep telling you...... DO IT!

Users who are viewing this thread