Book (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

As Houch knows I've been thinking about writing a book for a few years, but was settled into writing football articles for magazines etc. But been looking around for assistance and guidance, but not found much to be honest. Although I was told recently best know what I intend to write about either about football, or my life experiences etc ? I could blend them together ? Anyway its great that someone on here has got a book published, as I'm finding out that isnt easy!
Confessions of a window cleaner part 2 😂

Otis

They do say there is a book in all of us don't they.

Unfortunately, I think mine was written by Timmy Mallet.

Last edited:

EalingSB

Good luck @Earlsdon_Skyblue1. I’ve just bought it for Kindle and will try to read it in the next week or so. @Houchens Head if you let me know the title of yours I will add it to the list too. Great work both of you. I wrote a 17’000-word Master’s thesis a couple of years ago but never thought about a book. My wife is a voracious reader - she’s read 24 so far this year already - and a good writer (but better editor) so hoping she’ll have a good idea for a novel at some point. Do think Dave Bennett’s story would make an interesting (auto)biography.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Good luck @Earlsdon_Skyblue1. I’ve just bought it for Kindle and will try to read it in the next week or so. @Houchens Head if you let me know the title of yours I will add it to the list too. Great work both of you. I wrote a 17’000-word Master’s thesis a couple of years ago but never thought about a book. My wife is a voracious reader - she’s read 24 so far this year already - and a good writer (but better editor) so hoping she’ll have a good idea for a novel at some point. Do think Dave Bennett’s story would make an interesting (auto)biography.
Thanks EalingSB. I think Dave Bennett's biography would do really well, particularly in Coventry (and anywhere else he played). Sports biographies tend to do well in the markets. As for my book, once again, it's my autobiography up to the age of 16 (I'm now nearly 68). Brought up in care homes and a nasty convent during the 1950's and 60's. It's available online from the publishers.
This is the direct link: Pater Noster (lulu.com) (My avatar is also a direct link via QR code)

Users who are viewing this thread