Booing a player as he comes on (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Garry seems like the type of football suppprter who abuses players but if they said anything remotely smart back he’d be claiming the moral high ground and saying they should never play for the club again for disrespecting the fans

Nick

Administrator
Garry seems like the type of football suppprter who abuses players but if they said anything remotely smart back he’d be claiming the moral high ground and saying they should never play for the club again for disrespecting the fans
Like with kilbane.

Magwitch

But he’s good at spelling.

fatso

MR didn’t help the poor lads cause with his comments after the Blackpool defeat.
Infact I’m sure I saw Robins boo him as he sent him on.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's utterly mental that we have to have a thread about booing our own players then to make matters worse we then have someone actively owning up to abusing a 20 year old academy product playing for his home club. As previously mentioned Shipley can be unbelievably frustrating, but I'd take a player being unbelievably frustrating over sharing a stand with a complete dickhead.

Warwickhunt

Totally Disgracefull behaviour! Never understand what the people who Booo players think it will do?

clint van damme

It's utterly mental that we have to have a thread about booing our own players then to make matters worse we then have someone actively owning up to abusing a 20 year old academy product playing for his home club. As previously mentioned Shipley can be unbelievably frustrating, but I'd take a player being unbelievably frustrating over sharing a stand with a complete dickhead.

he was great at times last season, still just a bairn who's only played a handful of games at this level, really can't understand people getting on his case.

robbiekeane

Yes I do. Not every time he touches the ball but it got to the point yesterday where I could no longer put up with his pitiful performance
And will that make him play better do you think or is it likely to make him play worse? Or what exactly is your goal? Expressing to everyone else around you how dissatisfied you are with him? Noone gives a fuck.

Make Robins take him off? He also doesn't give a fuck. So the only possible outcome from your frothing raving expression of your discontent at his ability as a football is to make him perform....worse for your team. You are a special kind of twat.

robbiekeane

Cue the ‘but I paid my money I’m entitled to boo’ comments. If you’d just started working in a new job and were finding it difficult, would it help if your customers turned round and shouted that you were shit at your job in front of all of your new work mates and other customers? Course it wouldn’t. They are human too.
this 100%

Londonccfcfan

Im not his biggest fan as most of you know. But to boo him as he comes on is ridiculous to hear.

I didnt hear anything as he came on. i didnt exactly applaude him kept my mumblings to myself (wheres Hiwula)(why is he ahead of JP in pecking order) etc etc

Speaking for myself that was one of more frustrating games i ever been to in along time. So could just sense thr frustrations of everyone. But still to boo our own player is ridiculous.

Evem me deep down was hoping baka made a difference.

SlowerThanPlatt

What chance does Bakayoko stand of being successful here if a large percentage of our fans have opted to use him as a laughing stock 3 or 4 games in?

I thought we could have used the money better but he’s our player now and we should be suppprting and encouraging him

ccfcrob

Don't get why anyone would boo someone who has barely played for us. Hate to play the race card but could this bloke just be a racist? Or pissed? Or both?

Neither, he is just an idiot on occassion

Magwitch

Cov fans need a boo boy, always have recently there’s been Ryan Haynes, but in years gone by there’s been Julian Darby, Kevin Drinkell, Bobby Gould in his early years there’s been others. Why ? I don’t know, is it a Coventry thing.

oucho

Neither, he is just an idiot on occassion
Tell him to wind his neck in, at least until Baka has had a proper chance in the team to prove himself (or otherwise).

clint van damme

It started before his first

Ask any of our fans about brummies and yams yams and they'll tell you they're as thick as mince.
Yet a few of them slate a departing player and the fuck wits in our support swallow it hook line and sinker and write the lad off from day one.

Sick Boy

Someone at Gillingham shouted at Bakayoko, "fuck off back to where you came from", followed by a deadly and awkward silence. He then clarified..."errr the Saddlers".

steve cooper

When has booing one of our own players ever improved their performance? I can't think of one instance where it has.
Barnsley away under Micky Adams. Wayne Andrews on for Leon McKenzie to a barrage of abuse to him and the manager, minute later scores
It's not new unfortunately
Neil Martin.
I still have the Telegraph cutting somewhere. "Martin's brilliant display silences Rangers and the boo boys".
Coventry City 5 Queens Park Rangers 0. 25th Feb 1969

SussexSkyBlue

Someone at Gillingham shouted at Bakayoko, "fuck off back to where you came from", followed by a deadly and awkward silence. He then clarified..."errr the Saddlers".

The abuse he got from some our fans at Gillingham was simply embarrassing... even as he was warning up

Covstu

They are just fucking idiots, the guy is new to the club clearly low on striking confidence and his new home club is booing him, what do they think is going to happen?

I feel sometimes that people are happier when we are shit

Nick

Administrator
They are just fucking idiots, the guy is new to the club clearly low on striking confidence and his new home club is booing him, what do they think is going to happen?

I feel sometimes that people are happier when we are shit

It's backfired a little bit though.

People were angry because he wasn't Chaplin when we signed him and thought he was instead of Chaplin. Now we have both they need to keep a bit of face for looking like twats.

Covstu

It's backfired a little bit though.

People were angry because he wasn't Chaplin when we signed him and thought he was instead of Chaplin. Now we have both they need to keep a bit of face for looking like twats.
Then Chaplin isn’t McNulty so he will get bombed out too at some stage

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Hearing about the abuse he's been getting just makes me more desperate for the lad to succeed here. Disgrace that he's been written off this early and is actually being booed by some of our own moronic, fucking idiot fans.

Really hope he comes good, doesn't deserve this treatment.

Nick

Administrator
Hearing about the abuse he's been getting just makes me more desperate for the lad to succeed here. Disgrace that he's been written off this early and is actually being booed by some of our own moronic, fucking idiot fans.

Really hope he comes good, doesn't deserve this treatment.

He should celebrate with the opposing fans to make a point for his next goal

Not only will it piss off our fans, it will piss theirs off too if he runs into the crowd :)

Users who are viewing this thread