Booing a player as he comes on (1 Viewer)

joemercersaces

Some imbecile in Block 15 today actually booed Bakayoko as he came on. That is going to help how exactly? People around him reacted angrily and looked likely to kick off except the booer didn’t seem to have the balls!

Reactions: vow

pusbccfc

Don't think he's a good player, but would never boo him before or during a game.

Not helpful.

stevefloyd

I heard that too he lacks confidence as it is so that should do him the world of good...tosser for booing

oucho

Don't think he's a good player, but would never boo him before or during a game.

Not helpful.
I agree. Many times at the end of the game i have voiced my displeasure with the team's efforts (or lack thereof) but not during or before, pointless, pathetic and counterproductive.

Nick

Administrator
nick was saying that Thomas got a similar treatment with his last effort on goal

People were laughing when he missed the one on one. Whether it was disbelief, frustration, confusion or just to stop themselves from crying I don't know.

Not really the same as booing him.

Magwitch

Was he booing who was being taken off ? JCH missed a few chances admittedly but played okay I thought, at 0-1 down we needed as many attackers as possible

Liquid Gold

Was he booing who was being taken off ? JCH missed a few chances admittedly but played okay I thought, at 0-1 down we needed as many attackers as possible
No, he made it clear that he was booing "bringing on that useless c**t" or something to that effect.

torchomatic

Shocking really booing a player as he's coming on. Chances are the guy hadn't even heard of Bakayoko before we signed him. You then get Walsall fans on social media sayig he's rubbish, can't believe we got money for him, etc etc and then you get these morons who seem to believe it. He didn't stad a chance before he even made his debut. Chaplin will be the opposite. No matter what he does he will be a hero.

oucho

Shocking really booing a player as he's coming on. Chances are the guy hadn't even heard of Bakayoko before we signed him. You then get Walsall fans on social media sayig he's rubbish, can't believe we got money for him, etc etc and then you get these morons who seem to believe it. He didn't stad a chance before he even made his debut. Chaplin will be the opposite. No matter what he does he will be a hero.

Don't get why anyone would boo someone who has barely played for us. Hate to play the race card but could this bloke just be a racist? Or pissed? Or both?

Marty

I heard him as well, hes a total idiot and fairly clueless. I haven't been impressed with Bakayoko since he got here, but wouldn't even think about booing him.

I thought Thomas was good today, just can't hit the target to save his life. If he sorted his shooting out he wouldn't be playing at this level.

ccfcway

I thought Thomas was good today, just can't hit the target to save his life. If he sorted his shooting out he wouldn't be playing at this level.

Exactly. He was a real threat today. On another day he would have had a hat trick

BornSlippySkyBlue

I never have and never will understand the logic of booing your own players. Doesn’t matter if they are coming on or going off, how the fuck does destroying someone’s confidence possibly help anything?

And if you boo the team off at the end you’re just as fucking bad.

Cue the ‘but I paid my money I’m entitled to boo’ comments. If you’d just started working in a new job and were finding it difficult, would it help if your customers turned round and shouted that you were shit at your job in front of all of your new work mates and other customers? Course it wouldn’t. They are human too.

torchomatic

I never have and never will understand the logic of booing your own players. Doesn’t matter if they are coming on or going off, how the fuck does destroying someone’s confidence possibly help anything?

And if you boo the team off at the end you’re just as fucking bad.

Cue the ‘but I paid my money I’m entitled to boo’ comments. If you’d just started working in a new job and were finding it difficult, would it help if your customers turned round and shouted that you were shit at your job in front of all of your new work mates and other customers? Course it wouldn’t. They are human too.

Totally agree. No one goes out to have a bad game, misplace a pass or miss an open goal.*

*I make an exception for Lee Burge who is hopeless.

luwalla

Same with people round me shouting get him off, he’s shit. About Shipley.

Look back through my posts and you will see he is a player who really frustrates me. Just won’t tackle. That said he has a good dog on him and does other things well, takes players out of the game... so no matter how much he frustrates me, shouting things like that is counter productive. Shout “get into him” or something like that is fair enough. Bilut shouting pure abuse is bang out of order

Same as the burge numptys ( who in previous weeks were berating O’Brien )

We need to sharpen up and new players need to gel, but shouting abuse at players a few games into the season in the league above is knob head stuff

Ps - ref was terrible today

Otis

It's daft and even on the player ratings thread we have some inexplicably low scores for Bakayoko, when he clearly he wasn't on long enough.

We have some sensible N/A's from some posters , but then some 3's and 1's and both Bakayoko and Allassani came on when the game was pretty much lost and neither were involved enough to be rated that poorly.

If you were to rate you would surely have to say 5 wouldn't you? 3's and 1's are based on preconceptions in my opinion.

Bakayoko didn't do anything when he came in, but then neither did Allassani and Rochdale had killed the game off by that point and we were all pretty clueless anyway.

The booing of Bakayoko yesterday was brainless.

steveo1987

The game predictably fizzled out with Dale slowing it down with time wasting.We seemed to have no idea how to go about getting anything in the last 10mins.

Snikpoh87

When his name was mentioned pre match as a sub, Bakayoko was booed horrifficly around by me.
He hasn’t exactly been great so far, but surely you can’t get on a new players back this much so early in to his sky blues career.
You could tell when he came on he was void of confidence.. all this booing isn’t going to help.

Garryb80

Same with people round me shouting get him off, he’s shit. About Shipley.

Look back through my posts and you will see he is a player who really frustrates me. Just won’t tackle. That said he has a good dog on him and does other things well, takes players out of the game... so no matter how much he frustrates me, shouting things like that is counter productive. Shout “get into him” or something like that is fair enough. Bilut shouting pure abuse is bang out of order
He has a good dog?? Finally found something useful about him then. Sorry but he is utterly useless and should be nowhere near this team. I am one of the people you quote and I make no apologies for shouting abuse at him. He meanders through games making no challenges, putting the rest of the team at a disadvantage. He doesn't shoot, has poor delivery at set pieces and struggles with even simple passes. Your only positive to him is he takes players out of the game.. then promptly allows them back in by dithering with the ball.

Nick

Administrator
He has a good dog?? Finally found something useful about him then. Sorry but he is utterly useless and should be nowhere near this team. I am one of the people you quote and I make no apologies for shouting abuse at him. He meanders through games making no challenges, putting the rest of the team at a disadvantage. He doesn't shoot, has poor delivery at set pieces and struggles with even simple passes. Your only positive to him is he takes players out of the game.. then promptly allows them back in by dithering with the ball.

You shout abuse at him?

luwalla

He has a good dog?? Finally found something useful about him then. Sorry but he is utterly useless and should be nowhere near this team. I am one of the people you quote and I make no apologies for shouting abuse at him. He meanders through game making no challenges, putting the rest of the team at a disadvantage. He doesn't shoot, has poor delivery at set pieces and struggles with even simple passes. Your only positive to him is he takes players out of the game.. then promptly allows them back in by dithering with the ball.
That meant to say “ a good dig”
Listen, he is a highly frustrating footballer, I’ll agree on that, but he has something. He scored 5 goals last season... one in 6 ? Not bad for a midfielder who doesn’t shoot!
We,d give our right arm for striker with that goal ratio right now !! LOL
All that aside , shouting abuse at him is bang out of order & says more about your lack of quality than it does his.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What happens if we get a player in with the surname of "Boo"?

jordan210

Same thing happened with Murphy. You could see he just needed some confidence so some of our moronic fans booed him. I guess he had the last laugh.

Magwitch

When his name was mentioned pre match as a sub, Bakayoko was booed horrifficly around by me.
He hasn’t exactly been great so far, but surely you can’t get on a new players back this much so early in to his sky blues career.
You could tell when he came on he was void of confidence.. all this booing isn’t going to help.
So is it him we should boo or the bloke who spent £200k on him ?

Users who are viewing this thread