Bong banned (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Definitely some Sky Blue tinted glasses on this thread. Absolutely love him to bits, he does get roughed up, but he also goes down very, very easily. Not a criticism as it usually benefits us, but it's looking at it rationally. If he was an opponent he would get dogs abuse for much time he spends on the floor.

Yep, think we could all agree that he knows how to "win" freekicks (hate that term). Probably spent too much time watching Grealish who excels at the dark art.

SkyBlueGuy

Definitely some Sky Blue tinted glasses on this thread. Absolutely love him to bits, he does get roughed up, but he also goes down very, very easily. Not a criticism as it usually benefits us, but it's looking at it rationally. If he was an opponent he would get dogs abuse for much time he spends on the floor.

I guess that depends on how you view it. If a bigger/ heavier player makes contact with him and knocks him off his feet, is that going down easily? It might seem that way, as the same contact with a taller, heavier player might not do the same. Its also up for debate as to whether it then should or shouldn't be seen as a foul. Given the stats, I'd say that a lot of the time it is seen as a foul, but I'm no expert by any stretch.

On the flip side, if he tried to stay on his feet at all costs, I'm sure we'd be shouting at him to go down. Winning free kicks is something players look to do (see Waghorn penalty against wolves). Not advocating diving, but I think it's a little different to draw a foul

LilleSkyBlue

Couple on the Forest forum spitting feathers about a challenge on Mighten shortly before Bong's brutal assault on poor Callum ;) From their outrage, it appears we broke both Mighten's legs, removed his scrotum via his rear passage and then told the limp body that he was moving to Notts County :D

Dacosta trod on the back of Mighten's right calf after an aerial challenge. I think it was more clumsiness than anything but it looked awful when you saw his leg buckle in the slo-mo replays. I wondered at the time if the ref wasn't evening out the fouls by not giving the slap on O'Hare soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread