Bolton Troubles (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If stadium ownership is the key to a sustainable football club, why do most clubs outside of the Premier League make losses? very few make a profit

old article but illustrates the Championship
Football finance: Championship club-by-club

Surely the keys are better decision making? and a level financial playing field for all?.................... if sustainability is the aim at all

Liquid Gold

If stadium ownership is the key to a sustainable football club, why do most clubs outside of the Premier League make losses? very few make a profit

old article but illustrates the Championship
Football finance: Championship club-by-club

Surely the keys are better decision making? and a level financial playing field for all?.................... if sustainability is the aim at all
Because their owners are chucking loads of money at reaching the premier league. I didn't mention stadium ownership as a path to sustainability but a reason that there has been very little credible interest in taking us over.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
fair enough but i am not sure we can assume there has been no interest other than the Hoffman Consortium. My own take on it is that Seppala simply hasn't wanted to sell whilst her court challenges progressed. Plus other interested parties might prefer to make their approach privately not in the CT. So it might not be because of no stadium ownership

But the point i was trying to make was not specific as such. The whole system appears broken and reliant on people willing to throw money away whether stadiums are owned or not

Liquid Gold

fair enough but i am not sure we can assume there has been no interest other than the Hoffman Consortium. My own take on it is that Seppala simply hasn't wanted to sell whilst her court challenges progressed. Plus other interested parties might prefer to make their approach privately not in the CT. So it might not be because of no stadium ownership

But the point i was trying to make was not specific as such. The whole system appears broken and reliant on people willing to throw money away whether stadiums are owned or not
Maybe, maybe not. The best information we have is from before sisu when many potential buyers were put off when ownership of the Ricoh was taken out of the equation.

Obviously the whole structure is broken, you'll get no disagreement from me there. The point about ownership specifically came up as to why nobody has rescued us not the overall structure though.

NorthernWisdom

Maybe, maybe not. The best information we have is from before sisu when many potential buyers were put off when ownership of the Ricoh was taken out of the equation.

Obviously the whole structure is broken, you'll get no disagreement from me there. The point about ownership specifically came up as to why nobody has rescued us not the overall structure though.
Tbf the state of the club's finances were so wrecked it was always going to be a nutter or a carpet bagger.

RoboCCFC90

Bolton’s proposed takeover is now off according to a statement from the Club itself.

What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What happens now? Administration?

Already relegated so the points loss should be for next season.

no_loyalty

Bolton’s proposed takeover is now off according to a statement from the Club itself.

What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proposed new owner failed to show proof of funds, therefore the deal is off.

RoboCCFC90

Laurence Bassini has now stated this morning that he is in control of Bolton Wanderers.

Absolute madness what is going on at BWFC.

Grendel

Brentford now awarded a one nil win so match will not be played

Covstu

What Happened to the previous game then? Why was that postponed and this one forefitted?

no_loyalty

What Happened to the previous game then? Why was that postponed and this one forefitted?

Bolton players refused to play, due to non payment of wages.

Bolton safety advisory group have stopped the rearranged fixture from going ahead.

Sky Blue Harry H

Will surely start next season with a points deduction. Hinders them re recruitment (lack of cash, plus players more reluctant to sign?) and less likely to go straight back up.

chiefdave

Will surely start next season with a points deduction. Hinders them re recruitment (lack of cash, plus players more reluctant to sign?) and less likely to go straight back up.
You'd think so but the EFL seem to have gone off points deductions. Blackpool got away with not getting one so nothing is certain.

Grendel

You'd think so but the EFL seem to have gone off points deductions. Blackpool got away with not getting one so nothing is certain.

It’s believed they will get a big reduction as the failure to fulfil fixtures will also come into it

CJ_covblaze

12 points next season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
safe to say the assets are all neatly tied up with Mr Anderson and a British Virgin Islands company called Moonshift Investments Limited with charges registered in September 2018

skyblueinBaku

fernandopartridge

safe to say the assets are all neatly tied up with Mr Anderson and a British Virgin Islands company called Moonshift Investments Limited with charges registered in September 2018
Moonshift was set up by the rich former now deceased owner who funded the club through the 'better' times. The charge was registered when as a literal last act he lent Ken Anderson £5m to pay a debt and avoid admin.

RoboCCFC90

Good god, the Administrator that has been appointed to Bolton's case is Paul Appleton.

As if it couldn't get any worse for them.

Users who are viewing this thread