Bolton game looks doubtful (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It's an interesting one, would you rather your team were expelled to the league below for the start of next season or play out the whole season knowing they'd be relegated 100% with no chance of survival? Either way it must suck to support Bolton or Bury right now.

They’d have to play fixtures this season - I can’t see how you can expel s team to league below

PTA

They’d have to play fixtures this season - I can’t see how you can expel s team to league below
What would happen if Bolton kept trying it on like they are with tomorrow's game? The EFL can't force the players to turn up. I don't think it would happen by the way but it's an interesting thought.

Grendel

What would happen if Bolton kept trying it on like they are with tomorrow's game? The EFL can't force the players to turn up. I don't think it would happen by the way but it's an interesting thought.

They’d at some point tell them to turn up or they’d be booted out the league

PTA

They’d at some point tell them to turn up or they’d be booted out the league
And would they then move down to a place in league 2 (is that what they're entitled to) or just be out the football league full stop?

Grendel

We were supposed to have a permanent solution all set up and ready to rock as part of the Northampton charade.

So good job the EFL are fluid with us, eh.

We’ve fulfilled fixtures - that’s the primary concern - this is getting unacceptable and if they do it again they should be expunged

NorthernWisdom

We’ve fulfilled fixtures - that’s the primary concern - this is getting unacceptable and if they do it again they should be expunged
There obviously has to be a limit at some point. Not sure I welcome the language of 'trying it on' however. They clearly aren't, they're clearly in a serious crisis, and each week could be their last, which ain't exactly great for their fans.

Not sure either club *wants* to be in this position.

Grendel

There obviously has to be a limit at some point. Not sure I welcome the language of 'trying it on' however. They clearly aren't, they're clearly in a serious crisis, and each week could be their last, which ain't exactly great for their fans.

Not sure either club *wants* to be in this position.

On the forum their fans aren’t too sympathetic - protect the puppies and the team should start running out to puppy love from Donny Osmond. They seem to believe the cancellation is not acceptable

Magwitch

They will be told to play their signed on professionals, if that means 16/17 years olds so be it As bad as it is losing every game is better than being thrown out the league.

CJ_covblaze

Surely they can't postpone their own game just because their squad is crap? Only fair thing to do is give Doncaster 3 points as much as I don't want them getting them for free. The fact it says, "I will be discussing the implications with the EFL" suggests they've decided to do it without prior consultation.

Given the way how things went at the weekend Doncaster were probably getting a free 3 points anyway.

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread