Boddy CWR (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

Will we be able to survive on shite attendances at St Andrews for 3 seasons?? Hopefully it will be alot shorter and we'll be back in cov either at the ricoh or a new stadium sooner

Liquid Gold

That 3 year EFL deadline means absolutely nothing and SISU know it. They will sit tight for the duration and ensure they have some vague evidence at the end of it that shows they are trying to progress the return and then the EFL will extend it to 5 years and the cycle will repeat. People need to stop getting hung up on these numbers. All they care about is our fixtures are being played.
It's something that will become gospel as well and if we're not back in that time people will be preaching 'Fuck the EFL they have no backbone they said we had to be back in 3 years'

Grendel

Can see it ending in tears.

He’s just replied to me saying it’s nothing to do with wasps they don’t own the club but he’s done two media interviews where he clearly was holding all sides to account

Nick

Administrator
But he’s the one giving out media interviews

Exactly, as per usual though they won't have it.

Just the same as when it was pointed out to them about a year before they finally listened about a certain parody account creator.

Nick

Administrator
Think it sums it up that he is just there to spin and try and do a bit of PR.

Thing is, he doesn't seem to really know what he's on about and then gets corrected constantly and makes shit up.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because he is way out of his depth and using PR/politics tactics rather than being the head of a trust that is supposed to represent and help move the club forward.
The trust do it regularly, this is why Fisher spouting his shit has been a disaster.

All the trust and wasps do at this point is “where’s the new stadium”

- what about the indemnification?
- “Fisher said he’s building a new ground”

fatso

And your obviously forgetting the absurdity of the Ricoh?!?!
It's in Coventry, that is the ONLY plus side.
List pros and cons for the ricoh.

Pros.
•Its in Coventry.

Cons.
•Its owned by somebody who doesnt want us there.
•Come xmas the pitch will be shit.
•Its shit to get to for most fans unless you live in Holbrookes.
•Shit atmosphere.
•No decent boozers before the game.
•Money spent there goes direct to w**ps coffers.
•We don't own it.

Pros and Cons for St Andrews.

Pros.
•Good pitch (so far)
•No boo boys/negativity (as of yet)
•Easy to get to, plenty of free parking.
•Some decent boozers within stones throw.
•Earn bigger % on F&B sales (so I'm told).
•Good atmosphere (mentioned numerous times by MR and numerous players).
•Stadium rental agreement includes boxes/corporate (under w**ps at the Ricoh that was an extra at their discretion).
•The team and staff are made to feel welcome/wanted by BCFC and never were by w**ps.
•Longer we spend there, the less money were giving w**ps to keep them afloat.

Cons.
•Its not in Coventry.

So, other than it being in Coventry, can you give me one reason why we should be playing at the ricoh?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Apart from it being in Coventry???
Really, I thought that was the only fucking issue that mattered, if stans is so good you can always stay there and become a blues fan!

shmmeee

The trust do it regularly, this is why Fisher spouting his shit has been a disaster.

All the trust and wasps do at this point is “where’s the new stadium”

- what about the indemnification?
- “Fisher said he’s building a new ground”

Asking the Trust or CCFC anything is completely pointless. We know where the blockage is, there’s literally nothing anyone but Wasps can do. If they aren’t answering questions then we won’t get answers.

What are the Trust supposed to do? “Oh yeah, no worries we’ll make Wasps drop that condition”?

The only question to ask from our side is: where’s the stadium. Not just because it’s been what six years now and they’ve done less work than Boris Johnson at a weekend, but because until something changes from Wasps end we are looking at up to a decade away from Cov and a new ground is the only light at the end of the tunnel.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Asking the Trust or CCFC anything is completely pointless. We know where the blockage is, there’s literally nothing anyone but Wasps can do. If they aren’t answering questions then we won’t get answers.

What are the Trust supposed to do? “Oh yeah, no worries we’ll make Wasps drop that condition”?

The only question to ask from our side is: where’s the stadium. Not just because it’s been what six years now and they’ve done less work than Boris Johnson at a weekend, but because until something changes from Wasps end we are looking at up to a decade away from Cov and a new ground is the only light at the end of the tunnel.
But this is why some of us have been demanding action against Wasps, it’s on their end.

They need to be made to feel uncomfortable, enough to get round the table and negotiate

Short term this is what’s needed. Long term, SISU need to pull their finger out. Once we’re back in Coventry we can focus back on SISU.

The trust seem hell bent on avoiding anything that makes them uncomfortable. This is why some fans are at odds with them

Kingokings204

Will we be able to survive on shite attendances at St Andrews for 3 seasons?? Hopefully it will be alot shorter and we'll be back in cov either at the ricoh or a new stadium sooner

No we can’t. I think the St. Andrews fans miss this point. We survived just over a year at sixfields . It simply doesn’t work.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Do you seriously believe that SISU will be more inclined to sell if we are more successful? They didn't even want to sell when we were in the fourth division! I think they are here for the long term, like it or not.
But i agree with the comments about needing to ask Fisher (in particular) more probing questions about the new stadium. Trish Adudu is NOT that person (and nor is anyone at CWR or TalkSpurt). Can't Les Reid get an interview? at least he's a proper journalist!

SISU will be inclined to sell if someone meets their valuation at the time, regardless of what level we're at. If someone had been stupid enough to offer them £20-30m while in L2 they wouldn't be here now. They have got a profit from their investment and would've cashed in. But as we got higher, they'll want more so it still ends up with them not selling because no-one will offer them what they want because they've overpriced it.

Plus I'm afraid I wouldn't believe a Les Reid interview anyway - guy has a clear bias in the situation so I'd be questioning the impartiality of it.

Liquid Gold

Trust could write an open letter in the press demanding wasps drop the indemnification with a threat of direct action that they would actually follow through with if nothing moved forward.

Why would a sisu out pressure group bother with that though.

Nick

Administrator

Probably start by acknowledging that rather than ignoring it and trying to spin things away from it ;)

chiefdave

Of course the trust can't force Wasps to change their stance. But then the trust can't force anyone to do anything so if that's the criteria might as well just shut the trust down.

Would it really be that hard for the Trust to issue a statement condemning Wasps stance?

People are frustrated because to date there has been zero pressure on Wasps. They have been allowed to do whatever they like unquestioned by the likes of the trust, Telegraph and CWR.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm slightly surprised that being top of the league hasn't brought more people out of the woodwork and boosted the attendances at all - home following has been pretty much 5k since day one. How long until more people start going, i wonder?

Think the Doncaster attendance will be bigger - perhaps 6k home support - but it will take a sustained top 2 challenge to really move it, and I really have no idea how many will shift from the not>>>>> occasional>>>> regular attendees. It is a really positive (if unfortunate) experience at St Andrews and the team does deserve/need our backing.

Rodders1

So if we potentially had the opportunity to come back to Coventry, our rightful home, people would rather stay at Birmingham because the pitch is nice? Jesus wept..
This season for me - let’s see it out at St. Andrews, hopefully get promoted and start the championship at the Ricoh.

Personally think the momentum will drop if we move back mid season.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Here we go again

“Wasps need to change their stance”

“We need evidence of the new stadium”

He point blank refuses to acknowledge wasps

Attachments

• 3019799B-22E8-42A5-8C40-159F305E69CF.jpeg
    3019799B-22E8-42A5-8C40-159F305E69CF.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 62

Grendel

Neils full interview mostly saw him lay into Boddy talk about fishers eyes bleeding and say they need to talk to wasps. About what exactly

Nick

Administrator
Here we go again

“Wasps need to change their stance”

“We need evidence of the new stadium”

He point blank refuses to acknowledge wasps

Exactly!

The thing is, he seems to think he can just make shit up to divert away from the things he says.

Obviously when he was the editor of a newspaper nobody really called him out on it, he isn't used to that at all. He flaps and panics.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Exactly!

The thing is, he seems to think he can just make shit up to divert away from the things he says.

Obviously when he was the editor of a newspaper nobody really called him out on it, he isn't used to that at all. He flaps and panics.
I honestly don’t mind the “where’s the evidence” questions to Fisher.

But it’s a stock response when anyone questions how we go about changing Wasps stance.

If anything, it’s like The trust agree with the stance and see no reason to change it

I can imagine it now when we do return
“Beer at the Ricoh is shit”
“Well we’re waiting on Fishers evidence that a new stadium is going to be built”

Grendel

Exactly!

He does claim to run a PR Company - I’m glad I never went with him! I wonder if he was Gerard Ranters speech writer

shmmeee

But this is why some of us have been demanding action against Wasps, it’s on their end.

They need to be made to feel uncomfortable, enough to get round the table and negotiate

Short term this is what’s needed. Long term, SISU need to pull their finger out. Once we’re back in Coventry we can focus back on SISU.

The trust seem hell bent on avoiding anything that makes them uncomfortable. This is why some fans are at odds with them

That’s fine, but not really related to the topic of interviews with the Trust.

I would say that I’d take the “we want action against Wasps” line more seriously if more than half a dozen people had turned up to the last protest. But yeah, knock yourself out.

There’s two possibilities here: Wasps are being silly because of egos. In which case pressure might work, show them they’re hurting us more than Sisu. Or Wasps have had advice that this is the best course of action to protect themselves legally in the future. In which case there’s nothing we can do.

We need Eastwood in a room answering questions about the indemnity and what it would take to get us back.

But again, this is what happens when you put our future in the hands of a third party and was entirely foreseeable when we broke the lease. All we can really do is sit and hope, we lost any agency in the situation years ago. Doesn’t mean I don’t get the frustration and will for action, just not particularly convinced it’s anything more than a vent for fans.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I would say that I’d take the “we want action against Wasps” line more seriously if more than half a dozen people had turned up to the last protest. But yeah, knock yourself out.

There’s two possibilities here: Wasps are being silly because of egos. In which case pressure might work, show them they’re hurting us more than Sisu. Or Wasps have had advice that this is the best course of action to protect themselves legally in the future. In which case there’s nothing we can do.

We need Eastwood in a room answering questions about the indemnity and what it would take to get us back.

But again, this is what happens when you put our future in the hands of a third party and was entirely foreseeable when we broke the lease. All we can really do is sit and hope, we lost any agency in the situation years ago. Doesn’t mean I don’t get the frustration and will for action, just not particularly convinced it’s anything more than a vent for fans.
But this is why the trust should be at the forefront. They can arrange these things

The wasps protest was arranged a few days before - and the trust who do have influence, made it clear they weren’t involved. Of course it wouldn’t be as popular

If the trust started whipping up pressure and condemning Wasps for being here - the fans would unite behind them.

And you’re right we need Eastwood in a room, it’s not going to happen though when the clubs own supporters trust is deflecting any questions about the indemnity

Grendel

We’ve been in the hands of a third party since we went to the Ricoh you buffoon

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So if we potentially had the opportunity to come back to Coventry, our rightful home, people would rather stay at Birmingham because the pitch is nice? Jesus wept..

Isn't the main thing we all want is for the team to be successful?

Undoubtedly in the medium to long term this situation isn't financially sustainable, but for the short term it could be advantageous.

We're playing well at StAns and getting good results - part of that is due to the standard of the pitch. Whether that will last as we get into the coler, wetter months remains to be seen as it will be getting a lot more usage than normal. The crowd, albeit a small one, are supportive of the players.

So let's say that it was announced that our next game is to be back at the Ricoh. Even if we have an agreement on pitch quality the fact is a rugby team will cause more damage to it than another football team and will almost certainly be of poorer quality over the course of the season. This affects our style of play and we end up drawing or losing games we're currently winning.

We have more fans turn up, but a percentage of those will be the ones who seem to go because it's just something to do on a Saturday or get some sort of cathartic enjoyment out of criticising the team, maybe as a means of letting out the weeks frustration from work etc. This filters down to the players who get nervous and afraid of making mistakes for fear of being castigated and so we don't play as well and our form and results drop. This also means the increase in crowds won't be sustained (although they would be above those achieved at StAns)

If this ultimately led to us not getting promoted (a very large if I know) would the amount of money lost from Championship money be less than what we'd gained from increased crowds at the Ricoh?

I want to see us back in Coventry, and in terms of long term viability we have to come back sooner rather than later, but for the short term with this working in our favour results wise should we change it? Would you suggest changing the winning team by bringing Max in for Godden because a section of fans would prefer it?

Grendel

Isn't the main thing we all want is for the team to be successful?

Undoubtedly in the medium to long term this situation isn't financially sustainable, but for the short term it could be advantageous.

We're playing well at StAns and getting good results - part of that is due to the standard of the pitch. Whether that will last as we get into the coler, wetter months remains to be seen as it will be getting a lot more usage than normal. The crowd, albeit a small one, are supportive of the players.

So let's say that it was announced that our next game is to be back at the Ricoh. Even if we have an agreement on pitch quality the fact is a rugby team will cause more damage to it than another football team and will almost certainly be of poorer quality over the course of the season. This affects our style of play and we end up drawing or losing games we're currently winning.

We have more fans turn up, but a percentage of those will be the ones who seem to go because it's just something to do on a Saturday or get some sort of cathartic enjoyment out of criticising the team, maybe as a means of letting out the weeks frustration from work etc. This filters down to the players who get nervous and afraid of making mistakes for fear of being castigated and so we don't play as well and our form and results drop. This also means the increase in crowds won't be sustained (although they would be above those achieved at StAns)

If this ultimately led to us not getting promoted (a very large if I know) would the amount of money lost from Championship money be less than what we'd gained from increased crowds at the Ricoh?

I want to see us back in Coventry, and in terms of long term viability we have to come back sooner rather than later, but for the short term with this working in our favour results wise should we change it? Would you suggest changing the winning team by bringing Max in for Godden because a section of fans would prefer it?

Jesus Christ

Nick

Administrator
He does claim to run a PR Company - I’m glad I never went with him! I wonder if he was Gerard Ranters speech writer

I remember when he told me that bad PR is about making things up and spinning things.

He then proceeded to make things up and spin everything he could.

Users who are viewing this thread