Boddy article (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The frustrating thing with iFollow is you can’t put it on the TV as when you connect there is no picture
I had to connect to the TV (via HDMI), then refresh my laptop browser in order for the picture to appear if that helps?

Travs

I enjoyed the Sky coverage last night... no rambling punditry, over-hyped commentary, endless replays and analysis. Just the game, on a screen.

The thing is, all football on Sky could be like this, but it's too dangerous for the Sky media-machine... they'd have to admit that they don't require hosts/pundits/commentators to hysterically tell us what is going on, and that it's the greatest match since sliced bread, or that player "had a right" to throw himself on the floor.... we can see for ourselves how the game is going.

Half of Sky's payroll would be out of a job.

Tommo1993

Sky weren’t that bad last night. Only thing was when the ball was moving quickly - there’d be 3 or 4 of them, like I was pissed or concussed. Excessive replays have always annoyed me, especially when play is going on.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I enjoyed the Sky coverage last night... no rambling punditry, over-hyped commentary, endless replays and analysis. Just the game, on a screen.

The thing is, all football on Sky could be like this, but it's too dangerous for the Sky media-machine... they'd have to admit that they don't require hosts/pundits/commentators to hysterically tell us what is going on, and that it's the greatest match since sliced bread, or that player "had a right" to throw himself on the floor.... we can see for ourselves how the game is going.

Agree about all the fireworks and bollocks like that, but a couple of timely replays and some discussion at half time would have been good. My lad missed the goal and had to find it on YouTube as they never showed it again (assume that did after the game but had turned off by then). Also the disallowed goal, not after endless replays, just the key moments.

Travs

Agree about all the fireworks and bollocks like that, but a couple of timely replays and some discussion at half time would have been good. My lad missed the goal and had to find it on YouTube as they never showed it again (assume that did after the game but had turned off by then). Also the disallowed goal, not after endless replays, just the key moments.

That's a fair point... would have liked to see the disallowed goal again.

The half-time discussion can do one as far as i'm concerned... whenever we have a match thread on here and it's on Sky, it's generally people moaning that the pundits are talking out of their arses...

OldBedrocker

I have had it run from my laptop via hdmi to my TV with no problems. Sound and all.....
The issue may be with tablets/phones...
I’ve not tried via laptops only IPad and IPhone with a hdmi cable. Everything else works ok so assume iFollow have a block to prevent pubs etc showing it I guess.
How do you get it on a laptop as it said I had to download the EFL iFollow app to watch it?

Mcbean

iPad to tv ? Can that work mirroring ? What’s all that about ? Answers on the postcard please

stay_up_skyblues

Anyone know if it works via Amazon firestick?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no ifollow app but I read that you can go on the club website via a Firestick webrowser, set the browser to “pc version” and then play the match as if you were on a computer. I tried with our Firestick (first generation, really old and “loaded” with Kodi that no longer works) but couldn’t get the website to load up. I think that was more to do with the fact the stick is fucked. Might work on a decent one.

covmark

There is no ifollow app but I read that you can go on the club website via a Firestick webrowser, set the browser to “pc version” and then play the match as if you were on a computer. I tried with our Firestick (first generation, really old and “loaded” with Kodi that no longer works) but couldn’t get the website to load up. I think that was more to do with the fact the stick is fucked. Might work on a decent one.
Cheers mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

anyone have the issue of not getting the match pass come up? I sent an email to ccfc and they said it should all have been available as I have club c'ship membership and registered for ifollow. am I missing something else?

torchomatic

The frustrating thing with iFollow is you can’t put it on the TV as when you connect there is no picture

We plug the laptop into the tele with a HDMI cable.

MalcSB

anyone have the issue of not getting the match pass come up? I sent an email to ccfc and they said it should all have been available as I have club c'ship membership and registered for ifollow. am I missing something else?
Didn’t need a match pass, just logged in to iFollow using the email address associated with the membership.

OldBedrocker

Clearly I’m a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology. I thought I’d try via laptop instead of iPad / iPhone but I’m confused.
I’m signed into the CCFC website it shows I have an ST but when I go to the iFollow part it says I have to pay for the Blackburn game?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Clearly I’m a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology. I thought I’d try via laptop instead of iPad / iPhone but I’m confused.
I’m signed into the CCFC website it shows I have an ST but when I go to the iFollow part it says I have to pay for the Blackburn game?
Yes, mine's the same (and I suspect will be all season!). You need to go to the Match Centre. This is the explanation on CCFC for this Sat's game -

'Once you have purchased, just log in to your iFollow account here and then head to the Match Centre - then just click 'WATCH LIVE NOW' to stream the game.'

To check you're set up, you should be able to watch a re-run of the Swansea game on the Match Centre link above -

1603380346136.png

shepardo01

Won't show as being available until an hour before KO

Warwickhunt

Totally agree! i get so pissed off when Martin Tyler and Pundit go off on a one to one conversation talking about shit that happened 20 years ago or more! They miss tackles , they miss if a player is injured and replaced they still chat shit. Any poor partially sighted person would struggle cos they dont do a running comentary on the play ! i dont believe they know who the players are to be quite honest, if anyone knows who I can contact to make a complaint let me know

Nick

Administrator
I like it when they go overboard to try and make up statistics about their favourite players.

"This is bales first appearance in a Spurs shirt"
"This is bales first start in a spurs shirt for years"
"This is bales first goal in a spurs shirt for years"
"This is bales first headed goal for spurs in years"
"This is the first time Bale has kicked the ball 15 times with his right foot for spurs for years"

Alright mate, you like Bale. Calm down.

robbiekeane

I like it when they go overboard to try and make up statistics about their favourite players.

"This is bales first appearance in a Spurs shirt"
"This is bales first start in a spurs shirt for years"
"This is bales first goal in a spurs shirt for years"
"This is bales first headed goal for spurs in years"
"This is the first time Bale has kicked the ball 15 times with his right foot for spurs for years"

Alright mate, you like Bale. Calm down.
Hahaha yeh when they come up with the most obscure stats. You’re like is that even worth commenting on.

Frostie

Just read Boddy's latest article in the Blackburn programme.

They will unveil another 'topical' third kit at the end of November.

Any ideas what this could be? Any anniversaries coming up?

If we assume 2021 as we're in the 20/21 season then:

40 years since the Talbot Big T 925f59a92fcf4a43c5a38675dbbee729.jpg

60 years since Jimmy Hill became manager. So could be first sky blue kit
(technically 1962 but could be a better version of the Puma City Link 2011 one?) COVENTRY-City-11-12-puma-home-kit-b.jpg coventry_city_1962-1967.gif

Or 30 years since this beaut

450__coventrycityassyelblk9192a-g8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread