Bobby thomas and liam Kitching (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I thought they both looked as good as McNally who we were all desperate to sign.

TomRad85

Decent defenders at a good age who can play together for years. Changing to a back 4 means we don't necessarily have to spunk millions on a Fadz replacement either and can instead concentrate on the midfield problem area.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

That back was a proper solid back four display. Every header won and every tackle won. Impressive leadership and talking to each other.

That was bidwell’s best game for city. Does Robins let him go in January as is rumoured?

Greggs

That back was a proper solid back four display. Every header won and every tackle won. Impressive leadership and talking to each other.

That was bidwell’s best game for city. Does Robins let him go in January as is rumoured?
Did stoke have a shot or put us under any pressure? I'll judge once a team attacks us.

Fysnkysc

Still would like a back 5, of
MVE, LATI, THOMAS, KITCHIN,BIDERS/JDS.

the 433 should be reserved for situations we need to go for it.

Alkhen

I cannot not see Maguire in Kitching and I wish I didn’t! His physical appearance, running style, mannerisms etc!

There would be no shame in that, Maguire would dominate in the Championship! its the nippy, skillful, top-level stuff that can make him look a bit of a donkey. I feel the criticism of him is pretty harsh, especially for England, he is fairly dependable and actually really good at stepping out and picking a long pass. Also it's not like we have tonnes of options.

I definitely see the similarities in Kitching. He has certainly beefed up since watching play for FGR. Fingers crossed we can flog him to United for £70m 😁

Grendel

Weird take going on yesterday's display they were way more rocky than our back pairing. At one point Rose dithered on the ball and got bullied out of possession.

They didn’t cost £6 million

Hutch11

Still would like a back 5, of
MVE, LATI, THOMAS, KITCHIN,BIDERS/JDS.

the 433 should be reserved for situations we need to go for it.
Preston away and then Stoke , we have looked loads better in a 433
The back 5 has served its purpose but its time to move on

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Best I have seen them both play and you’d expect an understanding between them and Collins too.

However I cannot not see Maguire in Kitching and I wish I didn’t! His physical appearance, running style, mannerisms etc!
Southgate itching to pick him for England.

Major Tom

I was saying on the way back to the car, if we ditch the back 3 I can’t see mcfadz playing many more minutes. Not knocking him, he’s been one of our best signings in the last 10 years and absolutely brilliant for us.

lots of potential with kitching and Thomas , looks a very big brutish partnership. Kitching has certainly got the passing ability aswell
Kitching was leading well across the back, shouting instructions and moving the line. Early signs of a good partnership.. also helps when two defenders and the keeper know each other well.

Macca1987

Kitching was leading well across the back, shouting instructions and moving the line. Early signs of a good partnership.. also helps when two defenders and the keeper know each other well.
Was just going to post the same, thought the triangle of Thomas, Collins and Kitching worked well, obvs comes down to them playing together a lot, maybe the way to go, give them a run of games and see how the defence settles in all together, thought Lati and Bidwell played well across the line as well. Was not one for Lati at RWB, but he seemed to grow in confidence at RB

Great_Expectations

There would be no shame in that, Maguire would dominate in the Championship! its the nippy, skillful, top-level stuff that can make him look a bit of a donkey. I feel the criticism of him is pretty harsh, especially for England, he is fairly dependable and actually really good at stepping out and picking a long pass. Also it's not like we have tonnes of options.

I definitely see the similarities in Kitching. He has certainly beefed up since watching play for FGR. Fingers crossed we can flog him to United for £70m 😁

Agreed. It wasn’t necessarily a comment on ability, I just wish I saw him as Kitching not Maguire (or anyone else), it’s disconcerting for a few seconds!!

Offhegoes

Would rather have Mcnally and Rose.
I wouldn't.
Rose was soft. He had pace and could pick a pass, but got bullied too often. Always thought he probably was a full back or midfielder converted to a CB.
Kitching is a proper Centre half from what I've seen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I wouldn't.
Rose was soft. He had pace and could pick a pass, but got bullied too often. Always thought he probably was a full back or midfielder converted to a CB.
Rose and Wright scrapping for the ball
How I Met Your Mother Barney GIF by Laff

Grendel

I wouldn't.

What nonsense

covboy9

If it’s to be a four we have a lot of defenders rotting on bench and I hope Milan can play right back or that’s 3million shots in the bin

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I think Binks has been one of our best players this season, so it’s good to have a few options at CB with him and Lats too, along with Thomas and Kitching, who are looking like they’re at the very early stages of forming a good CB pairing. Take the point on Collins having played with them too, but I think Ben Wilson’s last few shaky moments are in no small part down to having an ever changing defence in front of him and not having the same confidence in them as last season.

I’d still prefer MVE at RB though, and I’d like to see Lats play as a sitting CDM in front of the back four and able to drop in when needed (eg when MVE pushes forwards, or if we’re under pressure)…

…that then gives the choice in midfield, Sheaf and one or two others (not Kelly or Allen from the start, they are squad players at best if we want to progress), and then two or three up top.

Personally I’d play Lats Sheaf and one other in midfield (any thoughts on Ilias Chair
from QPR?), and then O’Hare pushed further forwards and floating with two strikers from the three available (one of which has to be Simms on his last couple of performances).

Just my opinion, and no I’m not a football manager before anybody points that out - I’ve watched a lot over the years though!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Binks has been one of our best players this season, so it’s good to have a few options at CB with him and Lats too, along with Thomas and Kitching, who are looking like they’re at the very early stages of forming a good CB pairing. Take the point on Collins having played with them too, but I think Ben Wilson’s last few shaky moments are in no small part down to having an ever changing defence in front of him and not having the same confidence in them as last season.

I’d still prefer MVE at RB though, and I’d like to see Lats play as a sitting CDM in front of the back four and able to drop in when needed (eg when MVE pushes forwards, or if we’re under pressure)…

…that then gives the choice in midfield, Sheaf and one or two others (not Kelly or Allen from the start, they are squad players at best if we want to progress), and then two or three up top.

Personally I’d play Lats Sheaf and one other in midfield (any thoughts on Ilias Chair
from QPR?), and then O’Hare pushed further forwards and floating with two strikers from the three available (one of which has to be Simms on his last couple of performances).

Just my opinion, and no I’m not a football manager before anybody points that out - I’ve watched a lot over the years though!
Eccles and Sheaf are better CDM's than Lati though, so why put a square peg in a round hole?

I like Lati, and think he's done a good job since he's arrived and arguably deserves a place at CB ahead of Thomas on performances so far, but I'm sure he'll get another chance.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Eccles and Sheaf are better CDM's than Lati though, so why put a square peg in a round hole?

I like Lati, and think he's done a good job since he's arrived and arguably deserves a place at CB ahead of Thomas on performances so far, but I'm sure he'll get another chance.
I disagree that Eccles is better, and I wouldn’t say square peg given Lati plays there internationally.

The main reason however is because neither Eccles nor Sheaf (who I would argue is more of an out and out midfielder rather than a pure CDM) can drop into centre half if and when needed, so the it gives the formation more flexibility when in and out of possession.

It should also allow our other midfielders to be a bit less focused on defending and therefore create more for the more attack minded players

Users who are viewing this thread