Bobby Gould (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

As much as he sounded pro Wimbledon:

Let's remember who took over after he resigned (as the board)

covcity4life

he was pro wimbledon and pro cov

he brought up our plight every chance he got

he bigged up SP all the time

he educated viewers on how we play now with high pressing and good passing

the first thing he said on the show was how sad he was that both clubs had fallen

he did a stand up job for both clubs because he is a stand up guy.

thank you bobby.

I will never forget his one man pitch invasion at Leicester. Just one occasion of many when he showed how much he cared about us

Grendel

Gould was always one sandwich short of a picnic - also a useless manager. Him and Linnel together are worse than the Krankies - just dreadful

Grendel

I will never forget his one man pitch invasion at Leicester. Just one occasion of many when he showed how much he cared about us

It was embarrassing - 2 days later we got stuffed at Luton and he was sacked

Delboycov

Gould was always one sandwich short of a picnic - also a useless manager. Him and Linnel together are worse than the Krankies - just dreadful

Never agreed with you so much since your AT posts....in the bottom 3 managers since I started supporting the club in 77 ;-)

Delboycov

Nearly got us relegated twice resigning in the bog after a hammering at QPR second time now admits he has more of an affinity to a club he never even managed....when will people realise he's a complete twat!

But Bobby Gould bought most of the players that won us the FA Cup. He also won the FA Cup when he was manager of Wimbledon. I can assure you there have been many far worse managers at CCFC

Delboycov

Still won the FA Cup with Wimbledon as a manager, being a scout is a big part of a managers job

True but in his case it really was a one off....he achieved nothing else in his managerial career...as he said the other day him and Don Howe went into the Wimbledon dressing room when they took over and said this is what we're going to do...the Wimbledon players turned round to them and said.....no we'll do it our way...and they did. Peter Reid would've won the cup with them that season!

letsallsingtogether

So how many so called good managers have won the FA Cup? They have actually won nothing,

still shows he won more then most.....

True but in his case it really was a one off....he achieved nothing else in his managerial career...as he said the other day him and Don Howe went into the Wimbledon dressing room when they took over and said this is what we're going to do...the Wimbledon players turned round to them and said.....no we'll do it our way...and they did. Peter Reid would've won the cup with them that season!

speedie87

Some of the posts about Gould last night were way to harsh in my opinion. Pre match he spoke well about both clubs and during the match he entertaining and neutral. He wasn't even supposed to be commenting but Sanchez didn't turn up. Did he get more excited about their goal possibly, but don't forget that was the first goal so they were prob excited that they'd got a game on, and it was a decent header that out the underdog ahead.plus you couldn't get excited about 2 of our goals cus we didn't exactly do anything!!!

Supporters get far to sensitive about people talking about there teams you only have to listen to talksport for a few mins to hear it

kdrinkell

He did well last nite,67 years old and standing around for an hour talking about city then commentating as well :claping hands:
He kept mentioning how bad the situation is with playing in Northampton as well.

As for his time as a manager,he was a better player than manager.

jesus-wept

Bobby Gould ? Useless manager. Anyone who pays £350000 for Leigh Jenkinson is not a good manager. Also levered Steve Ogrizovic out of the first team for son Jonathon. Okay he bought the some of our cup final team and some good signings, Gynn, Kilcline, Oggy, Bennett and big Cyrille, who was hardly a gamble, but couldn't get them to play, twice. Sacked the bloke who could and eventually did, John Sillett and bought some absolute tripe, Withey, Bamber, Grimes, Steve Morgan,Raddy Avromovic, Paul Williams, Jenkinson. And yet every twelve months or so when we need another manager he gets put forward as a candidate. Strange people football fans.

skybluesam66

his first 6 months as manager was far more successful than any other coventry manager in history. 4th in the top flight at xmas after beating champions liverpool 4-0, after losing his whole team the year before, and building a team for a fraction of what he received

he made some bad buys but also some very good ones

he managed based on passion alone - worked for a short spell here and worked with the crazy gang
could not work in too many places

that said - he is true sky blue - and those 6 months, and again when he had us as the 1st ever leaders of the premier league were exciting times
unfortunately both times, they quickly hit the buffers

jesus-wept

Would never knock Bobby Gould for his passion for Coventry City, it is there in abundance. Just my opinion of Gould the manager is a lot difference and yes up to Christmas in his first season we flew up the table when favourites for the drop, but bookies are rarely wrong and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth as normal.

Grendel

Can never understand that. Bobby is a good guy. Some of my happiest days following city were when he was in charge.

Then you certainly don't like good football. Second time round he was even worse.

speedie87

Second time around we had some great away day with some of the counter attacking at pace I've seen

Ndlovu, Gallagher Williams happy days

torchomatic

Yeah, I remember that, just before Christmas we lost 5-1. On Twitter once I asked him about it as it was always something I seemed to have imagined. Rubbish day that was. Filbert Street was a dreadful ground.

He was bloody annoying last night though, he never shut up. I was sick of hearing about Neal Ardley.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Did my fucking swede in with all his rambling on

Delboycov

Probably a bit harsh on him but he certainly went down in my estimation last night...I thought apart from the early days of both his reigns he was an awful manager for us but I always admired the passion he showed for the club...he was one of us. By admitting to having more of an affinity to a club that technically he didn't even manage than us, a lot of that admiration went for me..

covboy9

don't care if he was a crap manager or not, seems like a lovely fella to me, thought his commentary was excellent. If we are talking about idiots lets talk about david james and his hat!

thaiskyblue

you have put the last nail in your coffin , bobby gould did so much for our club, player , manager and supporter, you imbocile.

Bobby Gould ? Useless manager. Anyone who pays £350000 for Leigh Jenkinson is not a good manager. Also levered Steve Ogrizovic out of the first team for son Jonathon. Okay he bought the some of our cup final team and some good signings, Gynn, Kilcline, Oggy, Bennett and big Cyrille, who was hardly a gamble, but couldn't get them to play, twice. Sacked the bloke who could and eventually did, John Sillett and bought some absolute tripe, Withey, Bamber, Grimes, Steve Morgan,Raddy Avromovic, Paul Williams, Jenkinson. And yet every twelve months or so when we need another manager he gets put forward as a candidate. Strange people
football fans.
Terry Gibson, Stuart Pearce, if it wasnt for Bobby Goulds signings we would never have won the FA Cup, Coventry City fans should always be grateful for that

torchomatic

Coventry fans in knocking their own shocker.

Yes, I quite agree. I despair sometimes at the comments of some who purport to be supporters. When we return to the Ricoh I wonder what comments some of our young players who are, after all still learning their trade, will receive from these so-called supporters, and hope that it doesn't knock their confidence too much.

We had a bad first half last night and the team can only learn from that.

Users who are viewing this thread