Bob Mortimer (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sorry Otis. Have to say I don't find him that funny. He's 'okay', but not side-splittingly hilarious. Took me years to know which one was which (Reeves & Mortimer), much the same as that Anton Dec fella.
Knew they'd be one and now I find out it's you.

As I say, I never found Reeves and Mortimer funny from the tiny little bits I saw of them, but whenever I have seen Bob on shows, solo, I have always found him very funny indeed.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Knew they'd be one and now I find out it's you.
Grammar, Otis, grammar. It's "there'd be" as in 'there would be'. Just saying, like. ;)
As for recent comedians, I like:
Jon Richardson - deadpan humour and quick witted.
Lee Mack - Very quick witted and very funny
Rhod Gilbert
Jo Brand (couldn't stand her a while ago, but have grown to enjoy her style of humour!)
Sean Lock
Peter Kay (But only so much. He can be a bit overdone on the telly)
Alan Davies
Jimmy Carr
Tim Vine for his daft one-liners!
There's probably a few more, but I can't be arsed to think. So if a discussion comes up about any of the above, be sure and note my positive comments. We don't all like the same thing. ;)

Otis

Grammar, Otis, grammar. It's "there'd be" as in 'there would be'. Just saying, like. ;)
As for recent comedians, I like:
Jon Richardson - deadpan humour and quick witted.
Lee Mack - Very quick witted and very funny
Rhod Gilbert
Jo Brand (couldn't stand her a while ago, but have grown to enjoy her style of humour!)
Sean Lock
Peter Kay (But only so much. He can be a bit overdone on the telly)
Alan Davies
Jimmy Carr
Tim Vine for his daft one-liners!
There's probably a few more, but I can't be arsed to think. So if a discussion comes up about any of the above, be sure and note my positive comments. We don't all like the same thing. ;)
Yeah, would say I like pretty much all of them, though the one exception I would say is Alan Davies. Not particularly keen.

Otis

supposed to be an absolute wanker.
I don't like it that he always seems to enjoy his own jokes more than the audience does.

Attacked homeless person too once didn't he? Wasn't it just because the bloke called him Jonathan Creek?

Think he bit his ear or something.

Houchens Head

I don't like it that he always seems to enjoy his own jokes more than the audience does.

Attacked homeless person too once didn't he? Wasn't it just because the bloke called him Jonathan Creek?

Didn't know about any of that, Otis. Maybe I should check him out more. I took to him mainly because he presents that programme "The Dog Rescuers" and I'm a sucker and big softy when it comes to animals, especially those that have been mistreated.

clint van damme

I know some one who has worked with him, said he's a grade A prick.
Just one persons opinion of course.

Houchens Head

That's the trouble with so-called "celebs". They all think they are above you and most of them are drooling, knuckle dragging twats. There are, of course, some who are "real" people. Two in particular spring to mind. Diana Rigg. Fabulous lady to speak to. Loads of time for people. And secondly, Joanna Lumley. I spoke to her for a good ten minutes on the phone when I was at CWR. She didn't mind chatting away at all. Once again, a lovely person.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I heard that behind the scenes peter Kay is supposed to be a bit of a nob

They also told me Micheal McIntyre and mickey Flanagan are really nice blokes

I went to see Jon Richardson in earlier this year and he was really good

Otis

I heard that behind the scenes peter Kay is supposed to be a bit of a nob

They also told me Micheal McIntyre and mickey Flanagan are really nice blokes

I went to see Jon Richardson in earlier this year and he was really good
You can actually see that McIntyre and Flanagan are nice. It just kind of shines through with them.

Surprised about Peter Kay if true. He always comes across as likeable.

Otis

Think I mentioned it before, but know some people who worked with Rowan Atkinson and they said that he was fine with adults, but not at all nice with the children on the show he was doing.

Sky_Blue_Daz

You can actually see that McIntyre and Flanagan are nice. It just kind of shines through with them.

Surprised about Peter Kay if true. He always comes across as likeable.
Yeah the Peter Kay one surprised me he always seems so likeable
But the fella was a stage manager at an arena he played at but I had heard from someone who worked the circuits with him years ago and apparently he used to go over his allotted time and messed around with the microphone after his set in order to put other people off. It’s not uncommon when I worked on radio one presenter in particular would mess around with the faders and all sorts

Otis

Yeah the Peter Kay one surprised me he always seems so likeable
But the fella was a stage manager at an arena he played at but I had heard from someone who worked the circuits with him years ago and apparently he used to go over his allotted time and messed around with the microphone after his set in order to put other people off. It’s not uncommon when I worked on radio one presenter in particular would mess around with the faders and all sorts
Yeah.

I used to know one of the box office ladies at the old Cov Theatre. She would always tell me who was nice and who was horrible.

Houchens Head

Yeah.

I used to know one of the box office ladies at the old Cov Theatre. She would always tell me who was nice and who was horrible.
It rarely surprises me to hear about which "celeb" is decent and who isn't. Those "celebs" who demand everything in their dressing rooms and hotels are real snobs and I just don't have time for them.

Houchens Head

Just found this on YouTube. Have to say, I quite enjoyed it. Apologies to Bob.

Captain Dart

Grendel

Yeah.

There is one person who used to present a quiz show - almost the face of the channel - who was classed as "a national treasure" who was the most difficult, obnoxious man to deal with. He put his public persona on very well when required but way from that - God.

rob9872

There is one person who used to present a quiz show - almost the face of the channel - who was classed as "a national treasure" who was the most difficult, obnoxious man to deal with. He put his public persona on very well when required but way from that - God.
I'm guessing Bruce Forsythe, Bob Monkhouse or Richard Whitely ...

Grendel

Otis

Yeah, funnily enough now you've said that I could definitely see how that could have been the case.

skybluetony176

Johny Vegas was on favourite sketches last night and picked this one from Vic and Bob. Always thought that they were two of the funniest guys on TV myself

Captain Dart

I enjoyed listening to the infinite monkey cage podcast when I was on nights Brian Cox and Robin Ince. Highly recommend it.
Saw Robin Ince live in the summer, he was well funny in a very unconventional way. His impression of Brian Cox is basically Alan Bennett talking about heat death of the universe whilst smiling.

skybluetony176

I went to see Sarah Millican at the weekend and have to say it was the performance of an artist at the top of their game. Brilliant is an understatement. Best stand up I’ve watched live by a country mile.

Mcbean

Peter Crouch is doing one that has got good reviews.
BBC Radio 5 live - That Peter Crouch Podcast - Downloads

Crouchy Ledge

5/5

By Freedshmeef
Crouchy this is good stuff, keep it rolling

Awesome listen

5/5

By The real Kevin C
Hilarious insight into the life of a footballer

Banter

5/5

By Ussi786
Top notch banter. A great series, long may it continue.
Yep these are good for a laugh - i particularly like the line - How did you bag Abi ?

tommydazzle

Saw Robin Ince live in the summer, he was well funny in a very unconventional way. His impression of Brian Cox is basically Alan Bennett talking about heat death of the universe whilst smiling.
Yup seen him twice and it's almost a conversational routine and very funny. He's always in the bar afterwards and welcomes anyone to join him for a drink and a chat.

Users who are viewing this thread