Bloody foreigners (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Moldovan was good but Dublin and Huckerby were on fire at the time so in fairness he just struggled to get a proper shot. I always remember Wee Gordon Strachan warning England he'd score and sure enough he did.

Also Gudjonson was good. Think that it's unfair to brand him rubbish.

Rusty Trombone

no way will he be hated like clarke, if clarke didnt fake injury and refuse to play (allegedly) and just left he wouldnt be hated either, but he was a cock about it.

zunigs wouldve worked if strachan stopped being stubborn and dropped bellamy.

nii lamptey is another one that can be added to the maybe pile

Just joking about Clarke, don't panic. I think Zuniga spent too much time helping to provide the much required pie money.

Rusty Trombone

Moldovan was good but Dublin and Huckerby were on fire at the time so in fairness he just struggled to get a proper shot. I always remember Wee Gordon Strachan warning England he'd score and sure enough he did.

Also Gudjonson was good. Think that it's unfair to brand him rubbish.

Yeah, to be fair you are probably right. As Marty has alluded to in an earlier reply, he was good when on loan, but went downhill when he signed. OK, consider him reprieved from the bomb squad.

Grendel

Yeah, to be fair you are probably right. As Marty has alluded to in an earlier reply, he was good when on loan, but went downhill when he signed. OK, consider him reprieved from the bomb squad.

Moldovan was crap. All to do with the DTI investigation I would guess.

ohitsaidwalker king power

We used to sign plenty of foreign players, in my time of watching since 85 many have come and gone (mainly from 90's onwards). I looked through a list of our players today and many I had forgotten. I hope someone was getting some sneaky cash out of these deals otherwise they make little sense.

Of course some worked out, the ones I thought were decent were Boateng, Chippo, Safri, Hadji (sometimes), Soltvedt, Stern John, Ndlovu, Nilsson, Hedman. I even recall a nice cameo of good appearances from Lilian Nalis.

The following players were awful or forgettable, some were bought, some were free, the odd one or two were loans, but all used up valuable cash on wages, kit, deep heat etc. Some didn't even get a game.

Arphexad, Beuzelin, Bischoff, Che Bunce, Calita, Carbonari, Dahl, de Zeeuw, Delorge, Deloumeax, Edjenguele (a bit harsh?), Ekelund, Engonga, Evtushok, Fadiga, Fulop, Genaux, Gioacchini, Gudjonsson, Guerrero, Hreidarsson, Hyldgaard, El Idrissi, Gonzalez, Isaias, Johansen, Cobi Jones, Konstantopoulos, Kruszynski, Lamptey, Laville, Malaga, Manset, Mansouri, Martinez, Negouai, Nimely, Normann, Nuzzo, Olszar, Perdomo, Sara, Sofiane, Walleme, Zuniga.

Blimey Rusty Trombone.. careful.. with a thread title like that, and with no females of the species mentioned in thread, its likely that G will falsely accuse you of being a right wing racist with misonogystic tendencies!!! :whistle:

Last edited:

shmmeee

Moldovan was crap. All to do with the DTI investigation I would guess.

He scored 1 in 1.2 before us, 2 in 7 starts with us and 1 in 1.6 after us. Plus 1 in 2.8 at international level.

Not sure that qualifies as crap to be honest.

lordsummerisle

Never forgave Moldovan for Sheff Utd away in the Cup replay to be honest.

Fulop was a good keeper though, wouldn't have him in the crap list.

Sterling Archer

We should've never pushed Dion to CB and shoe horn Moldovan in for that cup Quarter Final against Sheffield United.

Why the hell didn't Strachan spend that money on some defenders. We had the highest scoring pair in the league at the time!

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't read though the whole thread - but have Rudi Kaiser and Roger Van Gool (chocolate kit era) popped up yet? - saw the latter in that kit away at Filbert Street (we won) - so he gets a thumbs up for that alone :D

Users who are viewing this thread