Bloody foreigners (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

We used to sign plenty of foreign players, in my time of watching since 85 many have come and gone (mainly from 90's onwards). I looked through a list of our players today and many I had forgotten. I hope someone was getting some sneaky cash out of these deals otherwise they make little sense.

Of course some worked out, the ones I thought were decent were Boateng, Chippo, Safri, Hadji (sometimes), Soltvedt, Stern John, Ndlovu, Nilsson, Hedman. I even recall a nice cameo of good appearances from Lilian Nalis.

The following players were awful or forgettable, some were bought, some were free, the odd one or two were loans, but all used up valuable cash on wages, kit, deep heat etc. Some didn't even get a game.

Arphexad, Beuzelin, Bischoff, Che Bunce, Calita, Carbonari, Dahl, de Zeeuw, Delorge, Deloumeax, Edjenguele (a bit harsh?), Ekelund, Engonga, Evtushok, Fadiga, Fulop, Genaux, Gioacchini, Gudjonsson, Guerrero, Hreidarsson, Hyldgaard, El Idrissi, Gonzalez, Isaias, Johansen, Cobi Jones, Konstantopoulos, Kruszynski, Lamptey, Laville, Malaga, Manset, Mansouri, Martinez, Negouai, Nimely, Normann, Nuzzo, Olszar, Perdomo, Sara, Sofiane, Walleme, Zuniga.

Covstu

yeah but Isaias was Brazilian!!! A drunken 40yr old Brazilian but a Brazilian all the same!!! :)

RFC

We used to sign plenty of foreign players, in my time of watching since 85 many have come and gone (mainly from 90's onwards). I looked through a list of our players today and many I had forgotten. I hope someone was getting some sneaky cash out of these deals otherwise they make little sense.

Of course some worked out, the ones I thought were decent were Boateng, Chippo, Safri, Hadji (sometimes), Soltvedt, Stern John, Ndlovu, Nilsson, Hedman. I even recall a nice cameo of good appearances from Lilian Nalis.

The following players were awful or forgettable, some were bought, some were free, the odd one or two were loans, but all used up valuable cash on wages, kit, deep heat etc. Some didn't even get a game.

Arphexad, Beuzelin, Bischoff, Che Bunce, Calita, Carbonari, Dahl, de Zeeuw, Delorge, Deloumeax, Edjenguele (a bit harsh?), Ekelund, Engonga, Evtushok, Fadiga, Fulop, Genaux, Gioacchini, Gudjonsson, Guerrero, Hreidarsson, Hyldgaard, El Idrissi, Gonzalez, Isaias, Johansen, Cobi Jones, Konstantopoulos, Kruszynski, Lamptey, Laville, Malaga, Manset, Mansouri, Martinez, Negouai, Nimely, Normann, Nuzzo, Olszar, Perdomo, Sara, Sofiane, Walleme, Zuniga.

Totally agree on most but very harsh on 2 or 3 or maybe 4.

Marty

I thought Bjarni Gudjonsson was class for us under Black, he turned shite when he was forced out on the wing under Reid.

LilleSkyBlue

Roussel dragged himself round to reasonable effect for a few months.

First one of that list to play during my time as a fan was Perdomo. I remember being so excited at the idea of having a Uruguayan at City!

mark82

Roussel dragged himself round to reasonable effect for a few months.

First one of that list to play during my time as a fan was Perdomo. I remember being so excited at the idea of having a Uruguayan at City!

Roussel was alright while on loan. Shit when signed permanently.

Grendel

Martin Jol really was dross.

Grendel

Yeah, I did have him down as a favourite, but got scared as I thought Grendel would complain he was just someone that ran around a lot. Always good to have a long throw man, I'll stick him down as a sub.

Gunnarson was OK. Have you not mentioned Raddy Avromovic the goalkeeper that made Fabian Dubec look like Peter Shilton?

Rusty Trombone

Gunnarson was OK. Have you not mentioned Raddy Avromovic the goalkeeper that made Fabian Dubec look like Peter Shilton?

He was playing before I really got interested, although he did live over the road from me, and I did play football with his son on the green (he had the full Notts County kit).

gouldberg

Dele Adebola worked out pretty well all things considered. Was really quite poor to begin with but towards the end of his City day's he had some cracking games. I still remember than run and goal against Blackburn.

CCFC88

Cobi Jones, the first player I had on a shirt, the green and black away shirt, I think I was seduced by his dreads!!

De Zeeuw away at Blackpool a couple of years ago was probably the worse performance I have ever seen in a city shirt.

stupot07

Dele Adebola worked out pretty well all things considered. Was really quite poor to begin with but towards the end of his City day's he had some cracking games. I still remember than run and goal against Blackburn.

Would you class Adebola as a foreigner, yes born in Nigeria, but brought up in Liverpool from childhood and has a scouse accent.

Rusty Trombone

Was a quality goal, I love any goal where the man is off balance the whole way. To be honest I didn't realise he was foreign (not a joke).

gouldberg

Would you class Adebola as a foreigner, yes born in Nigeria, but brought up in Liverpool from childhood and has a scouse accent.

To my knowledge he never publicly came out to say he wanted to be classified as an Englishman so I think respectfully he should be considered as a Nigerian yes.

Certainly scored some good goals, but it is Division 3. Also if he goes in the summer he will be hated more than Clarke (maybe).

no way will he be hated like clarke, if clarke didnt fake injury and refuse to play (allegedly) and just left he wouldnt be hated either, but he was a cock about it.

zunigs wouldve worked if strachan stopped being stubborn and dropped bellamy.

nii lamptey is another one that can be added to the maybe pile

Rusty Trombone

Cobi Jones, the first player I had on a shirt, the green and black away shirt, I think I was seduced by his dreads!!

De Zeeuw away at Blackpool a couple of years ago was probably the worse performance I have ever seen in a city shirt.

I think the dreads seduced many, 24 games for us apparently, would have guessed at more. Can't remember De Zeeuw at all, that memory space has probably been replaced with Alan Partridge quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread