Blame (3 Viewers)

Ian1779

Pressley for being a shit manager
Waggot/Fisher for giving him a 4 year contract
Waggot/Pressley for misusing of our budget and signing shit
Fisher/Waggot for having a rubbish/no scouting in place
SISU for having us start the season in sixfields

In hindsight... Pressley in the main had a very poor eye for judging what a player could offer to the club - not just in football terms.

Baker was an example of this - whether you rated him or not, the guy loved the club. Pressley banged on about DNA and passion and character and jettisoned the one player we had that knew what the club meant to the fans.

Otis

In hindsight... Pressley in the main had a very poor eye for judging what a player could offer to the club - not just in football terms.

Baker was an example of this - whether you rated him or not, the guy loved the club. Pressley banged on about DNA and passion and character and jettisoned the one player we had that knew what the club meant to the fans.

Yep. Baker was exactly the sort of player we needed here this season. Passion, spirit, fight.

Grendel

Yep. Baker was exactly the sort of player we needed here this season. Passion, spirit, fight.

I don't think he would make very much difference. When he has been here he has only performed well in a strong team.

I don't actually think Mowbray would have picked him as he'd have had to change the teams formation to play him and I don't see him doing that.

rupert_bear

The blame for where we have ended up at the this season lies squarely on Steve Waggott's shoulders. For what ever reason he saw fit to award an unprovern rookie manager a 4 year extension to his at the time current contract which obviously limited what could do when it all started to go wrong, when he had to bite the bullit and act he or someone else brought in Mowbray but gave TM little scope to bring in players to bolster and strengthen a pretty poor squad. Couldn't even bring a goalkeeper to back up young Burge, also as sods law always happen our star strikers Tudguy and Samuels get injured and can't be replaced. We can't score goals yet we have a striker Shaun Miller out on loan somewhere, what is that all about. Was stated in an earlier thread that Waggott sees himself as a Billy big bollux around the place on a massive ego trip, staff and players laugh at him behind his back ans see him for what he is, a fucking joke and whether we stay up or not a campaign to rid this idiot from our football club should start in ernest, we wil go nowhere with him here.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

'Loved' is a tad excessive.

Just because he was outspoken and made astute and savvy social media comments, does not mean he 'loved' the club.

His absence certainly isn't the answer to the question of what has gone wrong this season.

Grendel

The blame for where we have ended up at the this season lies squarely on Steve Waggott's shoulders. For what ever reason he saw fit to award an unprovern of a manager a 4 year extension to his current then contract which obviously limited what could do when it all started to go wrong, when he had to bite the bullit and act he or someone else brought in Mowbray but gave TM little scope to bring in players to bolster and strengthen a pretty poor squad. Couldn't even bring a goalkeeper to back up young Burge, also as sods law always happen our star strikers Tudguy and Samuels get injured and can't be replaced. We can't score goals yet we have a striker Shaun Miller out on loan somewhere, what is that all about. Was stated in an earlier thread that Waggott sees himself as a Billy big bollux around the place on a massive ego trip, staff players laugh at him behind his back as he is what is obvious a fucking joke.

If we do go down someone, somewhere has to pull the trigger.

His decision to give Presley that contract has already cost significant money. His idiotic loan strategy regarding the goalkeeping position defies belief as was the imbalance of purchases.

It makes me laugh when people say how ruthless sepalla is but still pays the clueless clown to bungle everything he does.

rupert_bear

The trigger needs pulling Grendel whether we go down or not. Tim Fisher gets most of the flack for obvious reasons but it is Waggott who has conducted a lot of the football decisions since he came here, including allowing us to be relegated from the championship, again not getting players in at a crucial period and backing a joke manager. I do wonder how really bothered this man will be if we drop as i have said previously division 3 players get division 3 wages, division 4 players get division 4 wages.

Terry Gibson's perm

But who would pull the trigger on him and Fisher the owner has no interest in the club and as long as it costs her no money will plod along, I am with Rupert on this Waggott needs to be removed and he has said that when no longer wanted he would go maybe we need to let him know at Crawley that his time is up and his game of football manager is over.

rupert_bear

I hope i am wrong but i have a feeling if the unthinkable happens next Sunday there will be a fan reaction, trouble is people get nicked and with that come ramifications.

skybluetony176

If we do go down someone, somewhere has to pull the trigger.

His decision to give Presley that contract has already cost significant money. His idiotic loan strategy regarding the goalkeeping position defies belief as was the imbalance of purchases.

It makes me laugh when people say how ruthless sepalla is but still pays the clueless clown to bungle everything he does.

If we don't go down the trigger still needs pulling on him and Fisher. We've seen the caliber of their work and it speaks for itself. The best we can hope with that pair is standing still but personally I don't think that they're even capable of delivering that.

Terry Gibson's perm

If we don't go down the trigger still needs pulling on him and Fisher. We've seen the caliber of their work and it speaks for itself. The best we can hope with that pair is standing still but personally I don't think that they're even capable of delivering that.

I think that more and more agree with this but as I have said earlier who at Sisu is going to do it we are a forgotten part of the group.

Sky Blue Harry H

Leadership, at its best, is meant to show a clear vision that the troops can follow. The problem for us as supporters is that we are not clear what SISU's vision is, or we don't believe the little bit they have offered up (new stadium). We don't like the other bit they have touted(no further investment, as we've got to be self-sufficient) and we do not trust our owners to convert any cash through the turnstiles to players on the pitch (it'll all go elsewhere). Give us some clear, positive signals, and we might understand/follow, but the silence is deafening and I really do wonder what their response would be if we did go down. If we stay up I'm really worried that they will carry on as if nothing is the matter(ostrich syndrome) - although, maybe in SISU land, nothing is ?:slap:

rupert_bear

The only way we fans can show sisu is through season ticket sales or lack of, bone of contention i know but the only real tactic fans have.

Ashdown

What derailed it for Thorn was the pathetic low budget he was offered all too late.
What derailed it for Pressley was the decent young team he was succeeding with being chopped up and sold on for profit.
What's derailed it for all the managers including Mowbray to a degree is the poor quality replacements all over the pitch he is trying to turn into a decent team.
There is only one common denominator for the last few years.

What derailed it for Thorn was the pathetic low budget he was offered all too late.
What derailed it for Pressley was the decent young team he was succeeding with being chopped up and sold on for profit.
What's derailed it for all the managers including Mowbray to a degree is the poor quality replacements all over the pitch he is trying to turn into a decent team.
There is only one common denominator for the last few years.

Err - who's that then?

:thinking about: :whistle:

Covstu

Waggott for me has the majority of the blame but generally its his employers that have put us in this position. SW allowed Thorn to invest in players only to get rid of him, he allowed key players to be sold and bring in a bunch of journeyman loanee signings. He then probably paid best part of £1/2M buying out SP contract when he wasnt working out and has absolutely no structure in place to search for players or have the right coaching setup in place.

In SISU's 5 point plan (or however many lines of BS it was), it stated that we would own more players and stop loaning. By that part of the plan alone SW has failed miserably.

LB87ccfc

Pressley has some blame, but Mowbray has had plenty of time to sort this out and he hasn't done so.

Your definately on the wind up, no fucking way would we of won away at Fleetwood, Chesterfield, point at Bristol, away to Peterborough under Pressley.

Also Pressley was given shit cards to deal with and made them shitter, thanks SISU Thanks WAGGOTT!

CCFCKirky

I say multiple people, Pressley, SISU, Waggott even the players, I think everybody has had a part to play in the fuck up known as this season.

SISU - I don't really need to go into detail because we all know they are a bunch of arsewipes!
Waggott - negotiating the deals for the shocking players we have had in and much much more!
pressley - for not teaching the players to go forward and drilling into them about the passing backwards,
the players - for not getting the job done on the pitch and taking what chances we created!

but Mowbray has to be given credit for the work he has done so far, he made the best out of a bad situation it's just unfortunate the players couldn't get it done

Skybluepiglet

Waggott was very vocal on how "Only way is up for this club" straight after we beat Gillingham at the Ricoh return game.

1 week later 27,000 became 12,000 ....we actually won the game..and since then it was has been as you were before all the shitfields nonsense started.

Nothing has changed !!!...But on Sunday it could!!!

We are going backwards ...

Skybluepiglet

All staying up on Sunday is gonna do (if we do) is give us 8 weeks respite ...time to charge our batteries....forget the mental torture of watching City week after weeks throw points away,....and come the new season we will Hope ....yeah hope ( Not Believe) that as we are all on zero points..it's all level we can do something this season.

We know deep down unless there are Radical changes its gonna be another fight for survival come March 2016.

SISU
no plan, no players, no honesty, no investment, no interest, no communication, no idea.
end of thread.

I was going to click the like icon - but I don't like.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with each and every statement, just don't like what these clowns have done to our club.

lordsummerisle

You ask the majority of league 1 fans, they are gobsmacked where Cov are in the league considering the players we have. When mowbary came in we were 1 point above the relegation zone, now were 2 so has it really improved that much?

So Waggot gets the blame for all the bad signings in you previous post, now Mowbray gets the blame for being in such a shite position considering the players we have who would be the envy of any other League One club according to their fans?

Nice consistency there.

Looking at the league table, we've drawn too many games this season (16). Only Walsall (17) have drawn more. As much as we have been crap all season nobody in the bottom half has lost fewer games than us - the problem is that we haven't won enough.

If you convert half of those draws into wins we would be level with Chesterfield in the play-off race. Makes the lack of a decent keeper or consistent goalscorer even more infuriating, and also shows the fine margins between a decent and a shit season.

Covstu

Looking at the league table, we've drawn too many games this season (16). Only Walsall (17) have drawn more. As much as we have been crap all season nobody in the bottom half has lost fewer games than us - the problem is that we haven't won enough.

If you convert half of those draws into wins we would be level with Chesterfield in the play-off race. Makes the lack of a decent keeper or consistent goalscorer even more infuriating, and also shows the fine margins between a decent and a shit season.

I disagree, i cannot remember many games that i have walked out of the ground thinking 'fuck me, we hammered them but just didnt get the luck' it was more 'we could have be playing for another 90 mins and still not have scored'.

We are where we are because the team is just not good enough and have no team spirit. A team of strangers and mercenaries sadly.

Astute

Preston only drew 2 less games than us and are second with 1 game to go. So where did they go wrong?

Hugh Jarse

Fatty Waggott doesn't take to the pitch, neither does the wicked witch of the west so, much as I'd love to say SISU, the blame has to rest with the players who have shown they are not good enough to compete consistently at Division 1 level.

End of:whistle:

Captain Dart

Fatty Waggott doesn't take to the pitch, neither does the wicked witch of the west so, much as I'd love to say SISU, the blame has to rest with the players who have shown they are not good enough to compete consistently at Division 1 level.

End of:whistle:

Just think of Fisher and Waggot as the facilitators that have worked tirelessly to find players who are imprinted with the clubs DNA. ;)

JulianDarbyFTW

Close the thread, Andy Turner has declared that getting rid of Carl Baker is the reason we are in a relegation battle and not top ten...

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/sport-opinion/coventry-city-paying-price-spectacular-9144854

As much as I like Carl Baker, that is OTT. I think getting rid of him showed how poor the decision makers were in their due diligence of players, as he was the most passionate player at the club. Whether you thought he was good or poor is besides the point, he was sacked off by Pressley because of his style of play, i.e. attack minded, whereas Pressley wanted defensive minded players. Baker isn't the reason we are where we are, he is just evidence of the reason.

stevefloyd

Poor decisions poor signings.. manager couldnt seem to motivate the players the board for sanctioning the signings/loanees.. the fans maybe for not turning up leaving the club short of funds.. plenty of variables

Users who are viewing this thread