Blame (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

If we go down, who should shoulder the bulk of the blame out of the following people?

Waggott, for his role in picking the manager and signing players.
Pressley, for his management of the team, his tactics and the players he signed.
Mowbray, for his management of the team, his tactics, and the lack of last-minute loan / free signings.

I'm plumping for Pressley.

PTA

Even though he brilliantly for the first half of his first season, it has to be Pressley. He's not only signed shit players, but brainwashed them into passing it backwards, never creating chances and shipping goals.

oakey

SISU
no plan, no players, no honesty, no investment, no interest, no communication, no idea.
end of thread.

pusbccfc

Pressley has some blame, but Mowbray has had plenty of time to sort this out and he hasn't done so.

Gazolba

Whoever decided Lee Burge was adequate enough to see us through the relegation battle.

letsallsingtogether

Waggot as most if not all the signing and out going players were down to him.

SkyBlueSid

It's harsh to blame Mowbray for any of this shambles. The points return has improved under him, as have performances overall. With this awful squad he has been doing the football equivalent of Scrapyard Challenge. Had Pressley still been in charge I have no doubt we would have been relegated already.

None of this absolves the owners for our plight. The apathy, arrogance, stupidity and incompetence they have shown has all but destroyed a once proud club.

woody11462

I'm sorry but to blame Mowbray for this shambles of a season is short sighted and typical for us city fans. When we win we want to wax lyrical about how god we could be now we wave the right man in charge and when we lose he's useless!

I know that years of underachievement and frustration has left us with a short fuse but Mowbray has had hardly and chance to bring players in given the time he was appointed. It seems that playing at home is a massive problem in terms of expectation and this was present prior to TM turning up. This man I think could make a difference IF he is given a new contract AND the backing to put in place his own team with a summer to work on how he wants to play. But I also think the playing surface we have at the Ricoh next season is critical. It's no surprise that our best performances have come on some of the best playing surfaces (Bristol/Fleetwod/Etc). Next week is massive and I for one am grateful we are not playing at home!

LJC_CCFC

Pressley.

Obviously it goes without saying that under SISU the success the club can achieve is restricted.

Our consistently negative and utterly clueless fan base that thrive off our failings as some sort of lifeblood have played a pivotal part too.

Astute

Richardson for being the catalyst in our downfall.

Chipfat

SW needed to be pushed out of the club soon as he started to pretend to know anything about the game, players or what is best for the club.. Said it many times the guy thinks he is tommy big nuts around the place complete illusionist as for TF he is another one without doubt should be forced to leave.. But lets be honest until Sisu go this club is backward in every way.. So blame is at the top as i have seen nothing in 7 years that tells me we are progressing in any department.

Hobo

Waggott, Pressley and Players....so far only one has paid the price.

Hobo

Last 10 games we have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3. That's not a bad return at all. 15 points form 10 games.

Also what derailed it for Mowbray was the injury to Samuel. With him you at least felt we could score where as the rest, apart from Johnson don't look like they have a goal in them.

ecky

It's harsh to blame Mowbray for any of this shambles. The points return has improved under him, as have performances overall. With this awful squad he has been doing the football equivalent of Scrapyard Challenge. Had Pressley still been in charge I have no doubt we would have been relegated already.

None of this absolves the owners for our plight. The apathy, arrogance, stupidity and incompetence they have shown has all but destroyed a once proud club.
Yes and it's not over yet..this nightmare of a club is still carrying on.
TM will walk if Sisu aren't serious and don't provide the funds

Terry Gibson's perm

Waggott must shoulder most of the blame as he stuck by Pressley for far to long and we don't really know how involved in the transfers he is, but as we signed a player when we had no manager I guess quite a bit. Mowbray has done well with what he was has to work with.

The Lurker

Last 10 games we have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3. That's not a bad return at all. 15 points form 10 games.

But look at the teams we played! Poor return for me. Plus where's this attacking football we were promised

Back to the original point. Waggott. He signed the players Pressley dealt a bad hand. When we had good players like wilson, baker, moussa and Christie we looked quality.

skybluetony176

Let's face it the club is toxic from top to bottom although I'm going to take TM out of the equation because his only fault is proving that you can't polish a turd. The clear out for me has to start at the top with TF and SW which unfortunately gives you your next problem straight away. Who in their right mind with better credentials is going to work for our poor excuse of owners? This needs JS doing two things with immediate effect (i.e. before the last game) A) have a one to one with TM give him a long contract and task him with finding the people who are going to sit above him and do the day to day running of the football club. B) give him the backing to build a team that can get us out of this god awful league and stay out.

skybluetony176

But look at the teams we played! Poor return for me. Plus where's this attacking football we were promised

Back to the original point. Waggott. He signed the players Pressley dealt a bad hand. When we had good players like wilson, baker, moussa and Christie we looked quality.

Look at the team we're playing against them. That's a good return of points for me.

The Lurker

Look at the team we're playing against them. That's a good return of points for me.

You ask the majority of league 1 fans, they are gobsmacked where Cov are in the league considering the players we have. When mowbary came in we were 1 point above the relegation zone, now were 2 so has it really improved that much?

skybluetony176

You ask the majority of league 1 fans, they are gobsmacked where Cov are in the league considering the players we have. When mowbary came in we were 1 point above the relegation zone, now were 2 so has it really improved that much?

I think the only thing that proves is that the majority of league one fans don't realise how overrated the majority of our players are.

bigfatronssba

I suppose before apportioning blame we must first work out what the problem is.

Despite what everyone says its quite clear that the players aren't good enough. A team of good players wouldn't be at the risk of league 1 relegation on the final day. They might well be skilled players, but mentally weak.

So then you have to ask are these players our first choice targets, or did we sign these because we couldn't afford anyone better?

If as a club we genuinely wanted these players, then its Waggot's fault. If we couldn't afford anyone else then its Fishers fault.

Either way someone needs to pay the price for the disaster that is this season.

The Lurker

I think the only thing that proves is that the majority of league one fans don't realise how overrated the majority of our players are.

Including us then? Because even now I hear our supporters saying how good reda is, how good Pennington is, how good fleck is, how good job is, how good ward is, how good Phillips is etc....

Sisu have fucked us up but so have the players because league 1 standard is awful and not easy to watch

skybluetony176

Including us then? Because even now I hear our supporters saying how good reda is, how good Pennington is, how good fleck is, how good job is, how good ward is, how good Phillips is etc....

Sisu have fucked us up but so have the players because league 1 standard is awful and not easy to watch

Especially us.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I blame that Scots git! (Strachan!) :mad:
Don't ask me for details - I just blame the twat for everything! Fookin' hate him!

Steve.B50

I blame Liverpool.
if we could have played in Europe even for one season we would have picked up better players, done better in the league and possibly not be where we are now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pressley for being a shit manager
Waggot/Fisher for giving him a 4 year contract
Waggot/Pressley for misusing of our budget and signing shit
Fisher/Waggot for having a rubbish/no scouting in place
SISU for having us start the season in sixfields

torchomatic

Overall the players just aren't good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread