Blackpool match thread (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Looking at the table now, we cannot afford any more slip ups. We really need to win or draw every game. But we have some really tough matches coming up ...

Nathccfc

It's nice to see us scrap a win as we never normally it's either win big or concede late on and draw! So a scrappy 1-0 is a move in the right direction

D

Deleted member 2477

As others have said im not convinced we are good. Enough for the playoffs.
teams like blackpool we should be beating convicingly if we are good enough. I think the first half of the season we over achieved and we are now back to our standard although defence wise we have been unlucky with injuries.

i hate to say it it dont see us finishing in the top 10 at the moment let alone promotion

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very lucky at the death. Thank Christ the ref was alert to their cheating tactics (wel that one player anyway).

I'll take the 1-0 victory anyday, especially when the points and not goals (with Barnsley'sworse GD) are more important.

Performance was much improved but still not promotion material IMO.

Maddison was disappointing and not surprised to see him subbed.

Fortune, what has happened to him? He's like a changed man! The Lord definately looked over him today after his pre match prayer!

SkyBlue_Bear83

No point moaning about how convincing it was. It's a win, it's a step in the right direction. We're in relegation form and we've stopped the rot. Pusb I'm delighted
Delighted to win but need to improve if we are to make playoffs, I still believe we can do it as we are capable of better than todays performance but just making the observation on todays game.

torchomatic

I'm more happy with that. We always seem to do better and raise our game against the "tougher teams".

But we have some really tough matches coming up ...

junglej13

A good dogged performance. We defended well. A better side would have ripped them apart though. Maddison or Rose on the right isnt the answer we need a better option.

Kingokings204

Back at the hotel,

Great win but it was an awful game but we were always going to win a scrappy game to get back into it. Fortune was man of the match.

All played well today bar Maddison who just looks a shadow of what he can do. Needs to be dropped for a while. Murphy was better and tudgay looked good.

Fleck and vincelot were heroes in the middle. Nothing special from either but hard fought midfielders.

Great result and need to kick on now

James Smith

It's been a great day because we took all 3 points away from home. I'm not even that bothered that it was only a one nil win. Although more would have helped with the goal difference I think I'm being too picky with that. Would not have had Fortune to score today had I stuck any money on it. Hopefully he can continue to knock em in. The pub beckons!

kdrinkell

Great to hear Fortune is playing well as he does have the ability to do so,shame for Madders but he is only young

D

Deleted member 2477

Madders has had his head turned and dreaming of the prem. He needs to be remindd of who hes playing for this season

Nick

Administrator
Maddison was awful, too busy moaning about everybody else. He needs to man up, soft little twat

CJ_covblaze

1. Well done to Fortune. Backed up Tuesday's effort with another good performance.
2. Too slow going forwards. Far too many attacks involving Armstrong, Fortune and sometimes Fleck came to nothing due to others not bothering to make the effort.
3. Once we eventually got forwards we were too slow to get shots away meaning they were easily blocked or the offending players were robbed before they got the chance to shoot in the first place.
4. RCC looked very solid. No errors and didn't ever look like he was struggling to get to and hold on to any ball into the box.
5. Won't mention much about the performance of our Captain. Slightly improved but I must be getting boring now saying similar things every week.
6. Based on that today how did Emmerson Boyce captain a team to an FA Cup win a couple of years or so ago?
7. There were 8869 in that ground today. Around 3000 of us making it nearly 6000 in the home end. Who actually believes that? 1-2000 at the most https://twitter.com/cj_covblaze/status/708733266770137088
8. Was in their supporters trust meeting beforehand. They really do have it tough up there. Too many court cases against their own fans to list. He has to go.
9. Well done to everyone on the chanting. Received texts from individuals from one of their supporter groups expressing their gratitude and have nothing but positive comments about our fan base.
10. Really feel for Stokes. Ever-present (I think) until now and he looked to be in a lot of pain. Could be a long time out. He will be a huge loss to the side if it's as bad as it sounds.
11. WE WON A GAME!

clint van damme

Back at the hotel,

Great win but it was an awful game but we were always going to win a scrappy game to get back into it. Fortune was man of the match.

All played well today bar Maddison who just looks a shadow of what he can do. Needs to be dropped for a while. Murphy was better and tudgay looked good.

Fleck and vincelot were heroes in the middle. Nothing special from either but hard fought midfielders.

Great result and need to kick on now

Fleck played 5 consecutive passes straight to blackpool players towards the end of the 1st half. He was deadful.

Nick

Administrator
1. Well done to Fortune. Backed up Tuesday's effort with another good performance.
2. Too slow going forwards. Far too many attacks involving Armstrong, Fortune and sometimes Fleck came to nothing due to others not bothering to make the effort.
3. Once we eventually got forwards we were too slow to get shots away meaning they were easily blocked or the offending players were robbed before they got the chance to shoot in the first place.
4. RCC looked very solid. No errors and didn't ever look like he was struggling to get to and hold on to any ball into the box.
5. Won't mention much about the performance of our Captain. Slightly improved but I must be getting boring now saying similar things every week.
6. Based on that today how did Emmerson Boyce captain a team to an FA Cup win a couple of years or so ago?
7. There were 8869 in that ground today. Around 3000 of us making it nearly 6000 in the home end. Who actually believes that? 1-2000 at the most https://twitter.com/cj_covblaze/status/708733266770137088
8. Was in their supporters trust meeting beforehand. They really do have it tough up there. Too many court cases against their own fans to list. He has to go.
9. Well done to everyone on the chanting. Received texts from individuals from one of their supporter groups expressing their gratitude and have nothing but positive comments about our fan base.
10. Really feel for Stokes. Ever-present (I think) until now and he looked to be in a lot of pain. Could be a long time out. He will be a huge loss to the side if it's as bad as it sounds.
11. WE WON A GAME!
They had nobody there

letsallsingtogether

11. WE WON A GAME!
Spoke to the protesters before the game one of them has been fined £40,000 and another is up in the next couple of weeks nearly 20 of them being chased by their owner and the club.
Shame just genuine fans who love their club.

Users who are viewing this thread