Match Thread Blackpool away Match thread (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Could see us starting with Allen and reverting to a box formation. At least that leaves us with a striker on the bench if we’re in need of a goal.

I can totally see that given they play a pretty old school 4-4-2 who will be pretty compact when we're in possession. I would look to create overloads out wide with Dabo & Maatsen as high as possible. It's definitely one we need good ball movement from the back 3 though so hopefully Clarke-Salter in for Hyam.

PVA

I can totally see that given they play a pretty old school 4-4-2 who will be pretty compact when we're in possession. I would look to create overloads out wide with Dabo & Maatsen as high as possible. It's definitely one we need good ball movement from the back 3 though so hopefully Clarke-Salter in for Hyam.

If they’re playing 4-4-2 they’ll be the ones overloading us out wide! Dabo and Maatsen get pinned by the wide midfielders and the full backs can join in to overload and overlap

We'll probably get more joy with our 3 attackers against their 2 CBs

Frostie

If they’re playing 4-4-2 they’ll be the ones overloading us out wide! Dabo and Maatsen get pinned by the wide midfielders and the full backs can join in to overload and overlap

We'll probably get more joy with our 3 attackers against their 2 CBs

When they attack us yes, they'll likely try & double up on the wing-backs if they have any sense but 2 CAMs could help defensively there too.

I was talking about when we have possession. To play through them we could look to exploit the wings as well. I think defensively they will probably look to condense it in the middle of the park, wingers tuck in, strikers drop back etc. With good ball playing CBs like we have we can create space out wide.

This explains the concept pretty well:

To be honest, even with 2 up top, both Waghorn & Gyökeres can play deeper or wider as required so we can be pretty flexible to an evolving game situation without making too many personnel changes.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hoping we can get maximum points from tonight or Reading, the next 4 games after that look difficult.

QPR (A)
Boro (H)
Cardiff (H)
Millwall (A)

Somerset Sky Blue

Hoping we can get maximum points from tonight or Reading, the next 4 games after that look difficult.

QPR (A)
Boro (H)
Cardiff (H)
Millwall (A)
Whilst they don't look good fixtures, we've still got the three relegated teams to play - and the team that missed out last team after being relegated.
So, yep, really would like four points from next two games.

Jagmannn

Blackpool are going to struggle in this division..so they should be there for the taking ...2 - 0 City

Jamesimus

Blackpool are going to struggle in this division..so they should be there for the taking ...2 - 0 City

People said the same about us last season!

As it's away from home and coming off the back of a physical assault from Barnsley I'd be over the moon with a 1-0 win.

Gint11

Going for a win. If we are up for it we’ll win comfortably

shmmeee

L1 opposition L1 tactics. Go 3421 with Allen and O’Hare behind Györkeres.

Armchair fan privilege and all, but I miss the 6pm midweek kickoffs we got last season.

TomRad85

Win and its a good start. Draw mediocre start. Lose and its a shit start...
I don't think we'll lose but we don't tend to do well there, will sit on fence and say draw.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread