Match Thread Blackburn (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

As soon as the red card came out I felt like fucking the match off... Really demoralising

It kills the game off. Surely it’s not a penalty AND a red card.

To be fair, we’re still in this game and that’s something positive to take from this half.

Paxman II

Don'tthink Blackburn are that good truthfully. They have had a few half chances and can't finish tbf. Pity Godden did not score hitting the post but he will get another chance at least. It's one defender missing, lets not assume we should be thrashed because of it. We will need some physicality up top. Sacrifice Allen or O'Hare - both having poor games.

Esoterica

There was one moment after about 35 minutes where O'Hare is driving at the defender who is flat footed on the edge of their area and instead of just cutting inside him and getting a left foot shot off he delayed and delayed until he could pass to Godden. Kind of summed up his last few games for me.

Brighton Sky Blue

This game is thoroughly depressing. We should have been going for it but an early red card and pen fucks it up. If we keep it 0-1 we can take something from being able to hold up against it. Feel really deflated.

Like when Brentford got gifted a 2-0 lead they can just relax on it and step it up if they have to. Sick of making it so easy

jordan210

Well we should be long gone fact us we are still in it so we have to try and do something. McCallum is looking dire on the right and Hyam miles off the pace. He’s going to have to try something radical and get some pace and help Godden and create chances

Incoming 78th min sub when 3 down ?

ccfc92

What's most frustrating, is when we get near their box, we start playing backwards.

It's wet and windy, we need to start having shots rather than trying to always walk it in.

I think there was 2 or 3 opportunities to have a go, but we tried playing it in.

SkyblueTexan

Red wasnt harsh. He made no attempt to play the ball
Always felt Rose got his place back in the side too easily. Never thought Ostigard should have lost his place. Seems more steady to me than Rose. Now that’s he’s suspended for the next 3 matches, I hope Ostigard cements his place in the first eleven.

theferret

That was a hard watch.

Still, we're somehow still in the game. Regroup at half time, take the game into the last 20 and you never know. Changes clearly needed though, we look lost.

cc84cov

Well we should be long gone fact us we are still in it so we have to try and do something. McCallum is looking dire on the right and Hyam miles off the pace. He’s going to have to try something radical and get some pace and help Godden and create chances
Throw the big lads on and let’s try get at them gets my vote

clint van damme

in the last 5 games, the teams from QPR in 16th down have won a grand total of 4 games between them.
Yes we're struggling, but we're one of several teams, there's a very long way to go yet. Predictions of our certain relegation are very premature.

jordan210

Whats pissed me off the most with Roses red. Is its a crap little push. Might as well gone in hard and make it look like you tried to get the ball

Frostie

We need to stay in the game for as long as possible & try to nick something from a set piece or similar.

I'd be tempted to get Pask or Østigård on for Allen, put them at RB, switch McCallum to the left & push Giles further forward to at least give us some pace on the counter.

Godden is always our most likely scorer but Baka might be better suited to this scenario.

SkyblueTexan

What's most frustrating, is when we get near their box, we start playing backwards.

It's wet and windy, we need to start having shots rather than trying to always walk it in.

I think there was 2 or 3 opportunities to have a go, but we tried playing it in.
Agree totally. Just let it fly when you’re around the 6 yard box. That’s what Shipley did the last game to score.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He needs to dump the 3 defender plan they aren’t good enough and we are always vulnerable to pace behind us - the notion we can play out from the back as well is stupid we look likely to concede every time - if he doesn’t change it we are in for a long and sorry season

But would a back four improve that much? It might stop space down the wings a bit but then we've got little chance of getting out from the back. Which brings up into 4-4-2 territory.

Sky Blue Pete

There was one moment after about 35 minutes where O'Hare is driving at the defender who is flat footed on the edge of their area and instead of just cutting inside him and getting a left foot shot off he delayed and delayed until he could pass to Godden. Kind of summed up his last few games for me.
Yep confidence for me

Sky Blue Pete

Always felt Rose got his place back in the side too easily. Never thought Ostigard should have lost his place. Seems more steady to me than Rose. Now that’s he’s suspended for the next 3 matches, I hope Ostigard cements his place in the first eleven.
1 match surely

Hobo

I’d make 3 subs, I’d even bring on Kasta as he whips a decent ball in

Time to change it is with 20 - 15 minutes to go. Make the most of fresh legs. We need to just spoil this games for 30 mins. I don't care if we are not pretty just kill it.

Sky Blue Harry H

We have nothing going forward, nobody making runs at players or trying to take people on.

Just seems slow.
Giles has got us up the pitch a few times and got a few crosses in. They may well go on to score a few more, but we have to stay disciplined. Can't afford any more bans. Get Baka on and Bapaga to run at Douglas to get him sent off.

Frostie

Whats pissed me off the most with Roses red. Is its a crap little push. Might as well gone in hard and make it look like you tried to get the ball

Yep, at least if you make a tackle ref might somehow believe it was a genuine attempt for the ball.

Just let him go tbh, there's a small chance Marosi saves but if not we're still in the game. The decision he made genuinely beggars belief.

Esoterica

4-3-2 from here on in. Godden is defending too deep so even if we do win the ball there's no outlet. Biamou for O'Hare now and Bapaga and Baka for some pace and ball carry instead of Allen and Godden after 65 mins

Grendel

But would a back four improve that much? It might stop space down the wings a bit but then we've got little chance of getting out from the back. Which brings up into 4-4-2 territory.

We hardly ever beat teams by more than one goal - it’s essentially a defensive approach anyway and we are leaking goals.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

but to be fair Osti was very lucky not to be sent off in the first half of one of those games and was taken out at HT as he was pretty much a nailed on red.

Nick

Administrator
Giles has got us up the pitch a few times and got a few crosses in. They may well go on to score a few more, but we have to stay disciplined. Can't afford any more bans. Get Baka on and Bapaga to run at Douglas to get him sent off.

Just put Kastaneer on the right and tell him to get at him.

He's either going to run rings round him or have a fight with him.

Either way, it would make this game better.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to stay in the game for as long as possible & try to nick something from a set piece or similar.

I'd be tempted to get Pask or Østigård on for Allen, put them at RB, switch McCallum to the left & push Giles further forward to at least give us some pace on the counter.

Godden is always our most likely scorer but Baka might be better suited to this scenario.

Put Østigård at right back and Giles attacking mid?

What you talking 'bout Willis.

Users who are viewing this thread