Match Thread Blackburn (2 Viewers)

Si80

Worried that Armstrong will run riot against McFadz and catch us with a high line. Thought they'd been better than they have this year though for some reason.
2-1 us. McCallum wonderstrike and Matty G peno.

Briles

Harvey Elliot will be the one to stop the lads Brilliant for his age. will Defo need to pack the midfield. Ill go 2-1

Hadji's_Goatee

Apparently pretty toothless against Watford last night. Got off to a flyer scoring for fun but the goals have dried up since. 2-1 win.
Watford fans said they were awful and lucky to win 3-1, but are defending very well at this level. Blackburn had 65% possession and 19 shots. This will be a tough game.

Nantwich Skyblues

Being from up here I know a lot about them, we need to be really tight first 30mins then we can get a grip of them.. if we concede early it will be a long afternoon as they are free flowing when they get in their stride. Armstrong is really top notch these days and will pose a threat as he shoots on sight and early often catching the keeper out... Think we can pinch a point at least though.. Pusb

Philosorapter

Im sure right now it’s just after the QPR game, but could you give a seasons best as well as an all time best?

To give a simple answer:

Anything after Game 12 will become the new Best. This is because we are in a higher division. There's no real need for a seasonal best at the moment.

Understand what you are getting at though and we will cross that bridge when needs be.

SlowerThanPlatt

They have been considerably under achieving given their squad. Although Mowbray is manager so what do you expect.

They have a lot of dangerous attacking players so we are in for a difficult game. That said, they aren't very good at the back and we know all about Mogga and his weaknesses. We need to pull of a tactical victory here.

Their squad isn’t great tbh. Would say they’ve performed about right

Briles

I think we need to change things up a bit. Marosi is good with his feet so I’d stick him in midfield, I don’t like Wilson so no keeper for me. Fadz has shown a goal threat so I’d like to see him up front. I decided Sheaf was shit after 5 minutes of his first game in 6 months so he’s out and Kelly isn’t up to the championship so don’t want him either. I’m going to stick Giles in a position he’s never played in because he has pace and that works on FIFA. Max is back because he will score an overhead kick.

Osti Rose Hyam
Pask Marosi McCallum
O’Hare Giles
Godden Fadz Biamou

Well thats just silly. Pask should be on the bench.

Paxman II

Got draw written all over it. Think if we continue to perform on the front foot and start brightly we could win this though.

mark_ccfc

I think we need to change things up a bit. Marosi is good with his feet so I’d stick him in midfield, I don’t like Wilson so no keeper for me. Fadz has shown a goal threat so I’d like to see him up front. I decided Sheaf was shit after 5 minutes of his first game in 6 months so he’s out and Kelly isn’t up to the championship so don’t want him either. I’m going to stick Giles in a position he’s never played in because he has pace and that works on FIFA. Max is back because he will score an overhead kick.

Osti Rose Hyam
Pask Marosi McCallum
O’Hare Giles
Godden Fadz Biamou
You must be mad, where the heck is Kasta?

capel & collindridge

You must be mad, where the heck is Kasta?
Yep, I was thinking the same. You really DO need a keeper!
An emergency loan maybe?

Kastaschmeichel
Osti Rose
Pask Marosi McCallum
O’Hare Giles
Godden Fadz Ponti*

*If Wrexham loan him back to us (more goals per second than Max or Baka).

And play just two at the back. No place for a big Hy-am in any team!

Sky Blue Harry H

Being from up here I know a lot about them, we need to be really tight first 30mins then we can get a grip of them.. if we concede early it will be a long afternoon as they are free flowing when they get in their stride. Armstrong is really top notch these days and will pose a threat as he shoots on sight and early often catching the keeper out... Think we can pinch a point at least though.. Pusb

Whereabouts are you from, then (deadpan face) ?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Osti Rose Hyam
Pask Marosi McCallum
O’Hare Giles
Godden Fadz Biamou
I'm all for being experimental but you need to build around a stable core and leaving Dabo out from his natural position at CDM is borderline criminal for me. Do better.

ccfcchris

Draw 1-1 @ 11/2
Reason For Coventry vs Blackburn Rovers Predictions
  • Both teams have found the net in four of their six Championship games so far this term.
  • Coventry has netted five goals and conceded six in their three home matches this season, while Blackburn have scored seven and shipped six in their three away outings.
  • Coventry are without a win in four (D2, L2), while the visitors are seeking their first victory in four (D1, L2).
Confidence Low in Both Sides
With Coventry winless in four (D2, L2) and Blackburn seeking their first victory in four (D1, L2), neither side exactly inspires any confidence from a betting perspective ahead of their clash at St Andrew's this weekend.
The hosts are clearly finding the step up to Championship football a hard challenge to overcome with just one win and ten goals conceded in six matches, but the visitors hardly look primed to take advantage based on their current form and the fact they’ve lost seven of their last nine Championship outings on the road.
Nevertheless, the lack of trust in the teams directs us to the goals markets and this fixture is a solid pick for any both teams to score coupons this weekend.
As mentioned, Coventry have already leaked ten goals this term and six of those have come at home, however, The Sky Blues have managed to bag five goals of their own in 270 minutes of football at St Andrew's.
Likewise, Blackburn has shipped half a dozen goals in their three away fixtures thus far but have also hit seven at the other end.
It means both teams to score is our confident selection for this Saturday’s encounter, while we’re also forecasting a 1-1 draw with neither side favoured to land the spoils.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Draw 1-1 @ 11/2
Reason For Coventry vs Blackburn Rovers Predictions
  • Both teams have found the net in four of their six Championship games so far this term.
  • Coventry has netted five goals and conceded six in their three home matches this season, while Blackburn have scored seven and shipped six in their three away outings.
  • Coventry are without a win in four (D2, L2), while the visitors are seeking their first victory in four (D1, L2).
Confidence Low in Both Sides
With Coventry winless in four (D2, L2) and Blackburn seeking their first victory in four (D1, L2), neither side exactly inspires any confidence from a betting perspective ahead of their clash at St Andrew's this weekend.
The hosts are clearly finding the step up to Championship football a hard challenge to overcome with just one win and ten goals conceded in six matches, but the visitors hardly look primed to take advantage based on their current form and the fact they’ve lost seven of their last nine Championship outings on the road.
Nevertheless, the lack of trust in the teams directs us to the goals markets and this fixture is a solid pick for any both teams to score coupons this weekend.
As mentioned, Coventry have already leaked ten goals this term and six of those have come at home, however, The Sky Blues have managed to bag five goals of their own in 270 minutes of football at St Andrew's.
Likewise, Blackburn has shipped half a dozen goals in their three away fixtures thus far but have also hit seven at the other end.
It means both teams to score is our confident selection for this Saturday’s encounter, while we’re also forecasting a 1-1 draw with neither side favoured to land the spoils.

Im sorry but the person who wrote that article is not the brightest of people is he 😂
- “Only” 10 goals from last 6 games
- “finding it hard” to adapt
- “low” in confidence
Wtf 😂😂

Jamesimus

Can't see anything other than a loss, 2-1 Blackburn I think. They'll control possession and our lack of pace (Giles excluded) on the counter won't do us any favours.

I hope I'm completely wrong obviously and that is often the case. Didn't think we'd look as good as we did against Swansea so 🤷‍♂️

robbiethemole

I don’t think confidence is low more like we’ve been caught out by the power and pace of players in this league. Both Brentford and Swansea managers reckon we’re a good team and have enough to stay in this league so our lads need to start believing they are good enough I’m sure Robins will have them up for the fight. PUSB

Liquid Gold

I think it’s to be expected that we’d take time to get to grips with the league, it’s a huge step up. Most everybody else are match fit whereas we haven’t played for 6 months too.

Keep bobbing along picking up the occasional win and staying above the relegation zone for the next couple of months then I think we’ll really push on.

Users who are viewing this thread