Match Thread Blackburn (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Apparently pretty toothless against Watford last night. Got off to a flyer scoring for fun but the goals have dried up since. 2-1 win.
Blackburn are a strange team they batter teams but then a week later they could get battered but then they could batter a team again. Lets just hope we get on the right side and beat them.
3-2 win

pastythegreat

Blackburn are a strange team they batter teams but then a week later they could get battered but then they could batter a team again. Lets just hope we get on the right side and beat them.
3-2 win
A typical Tony Morbray team. Look at us. Always had that ability *Crewe away, Bury at home. But then we'd go and lose 3-0 at Southhend*.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

A typical Tony Morbray team. Look at us. Always had that ability *Crewe away, Bury at home. But then we'd go and lose 3-0 at Southhend*.

They have some players to be wary about too
Adam Armstrong
Bradley Dack
That Defensive Mid who has been on target this season
But they have lost Adarabayo so maybe a bit weaker in defense

Sky Blue Harry H

Apparently pretty toothless against Watford last night. Got off to a flyer scoring for fun but the goals have dried up since. 2-1 win.

Missed a penalty, Watford should have had a player sent off, when Armstrong was hacked down when clean through; Blackburn dominated possession and had 20 shots away at a promotion favourite, I'd be a bit twitchy about calling them toothless. If it was Middlesborough, I'd tend to agree. My biggest concern against them is letting Armstrong get behind us from a long ball - don't want Fadz. or similar, sent off for hauling him down. I'll be surprised if Blackburn don't finish in the top 6. I certainly expect them to finish above Swansea.

pastythegreat

Adam Armstrong
Bradley Dack
If we play like we did against Brizzle and Swansea, there is no reason at all why we can't beat them. Were not free scorers but at least we seem to be organised in defense. I famcy a 1-0

Sky Blue Harry H

Adam Armstrong
Bradley Dack

Dack - longish term injury.

Bigger threats from Dolan, Elliott (Liverpool loanee) and Holtby.
Ayala went off injured last night and will be missing.

Sky Blue Harry H

Dack - longish term injury.

Bigger threats from Dolan, Elliott (Liverpool loanee) and Holtby.
Ayala went off injured last night and will be missing.

If we play a high line defence, I think we will get punished by Armstrong's pace against our back 3. If we can deal with that aspect of Blackburn's threat, then we can get something. I fancy us more at Middlesbro to be honest (who, Sam Morsy aside) I don't rate that much.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They have been considerably under achieving given their squad. Although Mowbray is manager so what do you expect.

They have a lot of dangerous attacking players so we are in for a difficult game. That said, they aren't very good at the back and we know all about Mogga and his weaknesses. We need to pull of a tactical victory here.

shmmeee

Feeling optimistic here. We arrested the confidence slide of the last couple of games and Blackburn seem to be faltering, well go above them if we win.

Sticking my neck out: 2-1 Sheaf and Godden.

ccfcmad1

Keep thinking id take a point other than Barnsley game when looking at fixtures but we obviously need to start picking up wins so on that note 1-0 city godden

Reactions: vow

lord_garrincha

I'm no master tactician, but it seems that we have struggled against teams who adopt the high press successfully, and don't give our back three or holding two time on the ball.

I might be wrong, but I don't see Blackburn as that type of team... So with the confidence of having our best performance of the season on Tuesday. I am more than hopeful of a victory.

O'Hare to find his sat nav that he lost Tues and score a couple in a 3-1 win!

johnwillomagic

It will be another tough game they all are in this division tbh but can see us getting something again like we did against Swansea.

I'm going to be optimistic ans say a Cov win for this one 2-1 win PUSB!

SkyBlueSoul

Not saying it won’t be tough but, bar a couple of eye-catching scorelines against the de facto bottom 2, they haven’t had a lot to shout about. Even lost to Forest.

2f5b0aa0bdd8ad7fbe868c394f3f59ac.jpg

robbiethemole

Lots of anti Mowbray feelings on their site, expecting the Mogga slump early. At least on here we’re behind Robins ( mostly) and only slightly getting at some players. They’re established in this league a nd not happy about lack of progress. Hopefully we can stop Arma getting chances and maybe nick one ourselves. 1-0 City

Reactions: vow

Londonccfcfan

Just looked at the table thought they were top half at least!
Shocked we could actually leapfrog them on Saturday.

Keep it tight with them and seems we could get the chances to nick it.

Last game of Hamers ban.

Liquid Gold

I think we need to change things up a bit. Marosi is good with his feet so I’d stick him in midfield, I don’t like Wilson so no keeper for me. Fadz has shown a goal threat so I’d like to see him up front. I decided Sheaf was shit after 5 minutes of his first game in 6 months so he’s out and Kelly isn’t up to the championship so don’t want him either. I’m going to stick Giles in a position he’s never played in because he has pace and that works on FIFA. Max is back because he will score an overhead kick.

Osti Rose Hyam
Pask Marosi McCallum
O’Hare Giles
Godden Fadz Biamou

Philosorapter

Looks like the Covid stats to me

Just building the eight games previous form and then let it do its business. I think it may be interesting to watch over the season after it skips over the first couple of games. Mostly spaghetti at the moment.

Gibbo

Unless it is a potentially one-sided game, I think my prediction every match is going to be 1-1. Remembering my school maths, I am guessing that is the mode result; the most frequent. But it is a coward's prediction.

I'd love O'Hare to score with a close range header....

Users who are viewing this thread