Match Thread Blackburn (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Gonna win this 2-1 goals from godden and sheaf

SkyblueTexan

This is going to shock a few - I think we and particularly MR have learnt a great deal in the first 6 games - In-fact if we had taken an few of our easy chances in a number of games or the luck was with us we would be a great deal further up the table - Bournemouth is the only game we looked off the pace and gave them far too much respect, also our fitness levels and defensive organisation wasn’t quite right -If you remember back to the first 6 games of last season we were not world beaters and looked very ordinary. and the luck certainly went for us on occasions. Today we start moving up the table and I see a top 6 finish
I do hope you end up being correct with your predictions. I agree that MR teams of the last few seasons seem to start the season slow and then pick up the pace and finish the season strong. I'd really like to see that this season as well. We are clearly getting used to the pace, strength and power of the teams in this league and our fitness levels need to improve. I think once we have learned to play against the press, get over our injuries/suspensions and maybe with a key loanee/signing added in Jan we could mount a late challenge in this division. But I'd really take surviving this season over any lofty expectations of a top 6 finish. Last season, Luton who came up as champs from L1 were almost certain to go down, but survived. They seem to have adjusted well in their 2nd season now. The Championship is widely considered to be the toughest division in the world to play in. The gulf in talent from League 1 to this division is huge. Not only are you competing against teams that just came down from the Premiership or have just missed out on getting promoted to the Premiership, but against teams that have multi-million pound signings amongst their ranks and owners with deep pockets. So all things considered, the main priority has to be survival at all costs.

clint van damme

Happy match day everyone. I'm thinking another point today, unless our squad has be struck down still further with injuries/covid.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HAHA! Coming soon, Toms new range of happy match day cards!

SkyBlueSoul

Mum's side are from Blackburn so it's the family derby today. My uncle (who was actually in Lieutenant Pigeon for those old enough to remember) had a season ticket up there from the mid-80s until we lost him to cancer a couple of years ago. This is the first game between us since he died so fairly poignant for me.

Having said that he loved a moan about the football so I hope we dick them 5-0

Nick

Administrator

Kelly in for Shipley

Bapaga on the bench too, might be good for the last 10 minutes but I guess it will be Baka for Allen

SlowerThanPlatt

It doesn’t look great for Hilssner or Jobello really if Bapaga is preferred after 1 U23 game when they’ve played the last 3

jordan210

It doesn’t look great for Hilssner or Jobello really if Bapaga is preferred after 1 U23 game when they’ve played the last 3

We have no idea who played for how long yesterday annoyingly as no report anywhere.

Also Bapage has ten ton of speed. What is what we need at the moment.

Liquid Gold

Bapaga is a natural fit for our system and Hilßner was bought in with ACM in mind. I don’t quite see how Jobello would fit, he’s such a natural winger.

Users who are viewing this thread