Match Thread Blackburn (7 Viewers)

Kieranp96

I’ve been trying since start of the season to figure that out , turns out he runs around a lot......... and that’s about it
I said it from the first game and go ripped into 🤣, I called him a headless chicken as that's what he is works hard and does nothing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Trouble is teams are exploiting the space behind the wing backs and pressing us high so they can't get forward. To stop that needs a back four (although that itself has problems) so how do we set up the midfield/attack? Godden looks isolated on his own, we lose control of midfield if we play two up top.

Unless we’ve been working on another system in training I doubt a change is coming soon

shmmeee

The only one missing really is dabo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And for half the season Hamer, and Kelly at points and now Walker. We haven’t been able to bring in ready made players so we’re going to need players to get fit and players to adapt to the level. We haven’t had a settled side at all.

stupot07

And for half the season Hamer, and Kelly at points and now Walker. We haven’t been able to bring in ready made players so we’re going to need players to get fit and players to adapt to the level. We haven’t had a settled side at all.
I agree with that, but we're talking about our best 11. I know you agree with me, our best 11 is pretty much our league one side from last season. Which has been 10 of the 11 starters in most of the games this season.

I'd also add that I completely agree with what someone said earlier. In attacking areas we really lack physicality. Ohare, allen and godden are all smallish and lightweight. One thing that stands out in the league, the players are athletes.

My issue from this season is we've been far too easy to beat and score goals against. We've probably put in what 4 decent halves from 14 this season?

shmmeee

Trouble is teams are exploiting the space behind the wing backs and pressing us high so they can't get forward. To stop that needs a back four (although that itself has problems) so how do we set up the midfield/attack? Godden looks isolated on his own, we lose control of midfield if we play two up top.

4321? Attacking full backs and a midfield 3 of Hamer Kelly and Sheaf. Basically the same front three setup we have, though could look at the likes of Bapaga, Jobello, Hilßner and Kasta to offer a bit more width.

stay_up_skyblues

Absolute shocker today with Rose taking a big chunk of the blame. Still far too early to judge the side though, haven’t even put our best side out yet and even then you can’t make a call until we’ve had a good run at it. MR has been shafted by Hamer and Rose so far.

As I’m sure the team will, just need to draw a line under this one and move onto Tuesday. Hope to see Kelly start alongside Hamer, Shipley in for Allen and Ostigard for Rose.

shmmeee

I agree with that, but we're talking about our best 11. I know you agree with me, our best 11 is pretty much our league one side from last season. Which has been 10 of the 11 starters in most of the games this season.

Thats the point though, Robins didn’t set the budget that means we’ve got a L1 side. Given that we’ve got to work with what we’ve got and that involves getting a settled side and the sum of the parts being greater than the whole.

We aren’t going to turn this squad into some 442 Mike Bassett scrappers, so IMO it’s Robinsball or bust. So we may as well keep Robins to do it. For the budget we have an excellent squad who trust the guy in charge.

NorthernWisdom

Thats the point though, Robins didn’t set the budget that means we’ve got a L1 side. Given that we’ve got to work with what we’ve got and that involves getting a settled side and the sum of the parts being greater than the whole.

We aren’t going to turn this squad into some 442 Mike Bassett scrappers, so IMO it’s Robinsball or bust. So we may as well keep Robins to do it. For the budget we have an excellent squad who trust the guy in charge.
Panicking's absolutely the wrong thing to do. Get the foundations right, and results may vary short-term, but overall the club will be better off. We've done good job sorting out a pattern of play, a system, and a system of playing progression. Change the system, and manager, and we might go down anyway but set ourselves back far more by trashing the foundations as we do it.

Jamesimus

Ostigard was on the bench, robins chose not to play him. Only 2 of Kelly, sheaf and hamer will start, and Hamer isn't guaranteed.

I'm fairly sure Hamer will start and the other deep midfielder will be Kelly or Sheaf. That's not to take anything away from the other two who are both good. I just think despite his erratic temperament, Hamer has so far shown a lot of talent / ability.

More than happy to be proved wrong and if Kelly and Sheaf keep him out the team for the rest of the season by being bloody class then I'll still be happy!

Sick Boy

The number of people calling for Biamou to be brought on and even start is mind boggling, he’s way out of his depth at this level...we needed to bring in at least one more striker over the summer if we were serious about staying up...

Grendel

And play 4-4-2 and stop passing it in our own half. Kick it long and compete for the second ball

Our passing and possession stats are poor aren’t they?

Grendel

He has left walker out the team

Grendel

Would you start a new striker over a striker that was your top goal scorer in the previous season?

Well I’d play both. He’s allegedly cost £1 m I don’t see how we can afford a player costing that much not to be playing

Grendel

He’s had COVID for the last few weeks. I have no doubt he would have played last few weeks if he was available

He’s had it for less than two weeks

Nantwich Skyblues

Well I am having a fun evening up here, good job most of my work mates are decent blokes are good natured really and it's mostly Adam armstrong jibes . 😢

NorthernWisdom

We did but he's hardly got a look in and has Corona
Yeah, Biamou's 3rd/ 4th choice. Not like the plan was to use him unless desperate.
Well I’d play both. He’s allegedly cost £1 m I don’t see how we can afford a player costing that much not to be playing
A deal worth £1mil, or £1mil?

(Honestly don't know the answer!)

I guess the logic is he's the long-term first choice, but needs time to get up to speed with the squad / Godden's the man in possession, and not worth dropping.

FWIW, the argument is maybe to give O'Hare a bit of a break some time soon, and play both.

Users who are viewing this thread