Match Thread Blackburn vs Burnley- MATCH THREAD (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Its pointless looking at and trying to work out the results of the other games.

We just need to win on Saturday and then the requirements against Boro will be known.

Focus on Saturday first.
On a serious note - this is the correct comment. We need to focus on ourselves and beat Birmingham. It would be very Coventry City to get 30k and not turn up

beat Birmingham and then we’ll know what we’ve got to do

bigfatronssba

Yes, as a fan base we just aren't used to this. All very strange.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I felt that at the final whistle against Reading most people in the ground didn’t know how to react

Balli001

There’s plenty of twists and turns yet to come, Brum will be a tough ask on Saturday and we could still quite easily find ourselves outside the top 6 at FT (sorry to be the pessimist!)
Blackburn and West brom don't play til later so would be very unlucky to be outside top 6 at full time

Sky Blue Pete

I felt that at the final whistle against Reading most people in the ground didn’t know how to react
The funny thing about reading was :
City don’t turn up with a big crowd - we were excellent
We never perform in both halves - we did
We should have been further ahead they’re gonna equalise - they did
Bugger - oops 5 mins later we went ahead again
We never hold out to win - we did

So none of this city do that or do this. Robins has changed all that these last 6 seasons

pusb

Mcbean

Thought Blackburn played a lot better than when against us and were unlucky with the handball - all these results will definitely help but as above Brum no easy pushover and Boro are not above us for no reason , don’t understand why Akpom was rested but will be watching tonight as a SU supporter

Briles

The funny thing about reading was :
City don’t turn up with a big crowd - we were excellent
We never perform in both halves - we did
We should have been further ahead they’re gonna equalise - they did
Bugger - oops 5 mins later we went ahead again
We never hold out to win - we did

So none of this city do that or do this. Robins has changed all that these last 6 seasons

pusb

I agree with all except the 1 half thing. That's still been prevalent as a rule this season I think

Balli001

Thought Blackburn played a lot better than when against us and were unlucky with the handball - all these results will definitely help but as above Brum no easy pushover and Boro are not above us for no reason , don’t understand why Akpom was rested but will be watching tonight as a SU supporter
He was rested as he has played virtually every game. Same as,we would with gyokeres in the same position

Mcbean

On a serious note - this is the correct comment. We need to focus on ourselves and beat Birmingham. It would be very Coventry City to get 30k and not turn up

beat Birmingham and then we’ll know what we’ve got to do
Trouble is it’s a long time till Saturday 15.00

JAM See

Taking the sky blue specs off, I’d have us behind Luton and Boro to go up based on the teams over a season. But it’s cup football basically and all bets are off.
We got our cup game stage-fright out of the way in the FA Cup 3rd round.

(Even I'm getting ahead of myself, we're not in the pay-offs yet).

Legia Sky Blue

It'll be just like us to be stifled by Birmingham after which we will be all doom and gloom, only to then go and win at Middlesbrough. Every result involving play off chasing teams this last couple of weeks seems to have gone our way, and I can't help feeling that there is going to be another twist somewhere, even if we do eventually make it to the playoffs.

Flying Fokker

I think-and this is just a hunch, you understand-that his sights are set higher than the humble Sky Blues.
Me thinks you rumbled me!

It’s a pleasure to see a manager achieve. The issue Burnley have is that they continue to carry a lot of debt. Kompany knows how to manage and celebrate with the players/fans.

Users who are viewing this thread