Match Thread Blackburn Rovers (A) Sat 16th October 2021 - 3pm KO (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't think Walker's lazy like some suggest, I just don't think he's well-rounded enough for this level.

Two-nil. Ffs.

He's one of those strikers that if he's not having an impact on the game won't get stuck in to try and change his fortunes. Heavily reliant on the rest of the team playing well and getting chances for him.

pusbccfc

Sheaf and Kane poor. Really poor.

People throw stats out to compare Sheaf's ball retention against Hamer but it's clear the difference in confidence between the two. When it's going poorly, Sheaf looks a lost puppy.

PVA

Don't deserve to be 2 down on the balance of play, but 2 poor goals to concede.

O’Hare and Gyo not at their usual best.

Kane is a weak link down the left. Maatsen, rightly, gets some stick for his positioning but he's better than Kane.

steve101

Unfortunately this game had a Luton feel to it from the start. However if Sheaf made more of the Buckley late challenge I think they would be down to 10 men at 0-0. Missing the natural balance of Clarke-Salter and Maatsen. Kane is being turned inside out. Moore and Dabo the only ones to have played well in my opinion. Cannot see how we are going to score in open play.

cc84cov

Don't deserve to be 2 down on the balance of play, but 2 poor goals to concede.

O’Hare and Gyo not at their usual best.

Kane is a weak link down the left. Maatsen, rightly, gets some stick for his positioning but he's better than Kane.
We do deserve it as we don’t defend and give the ball away you don’t get away with that at this level

cc84cov

Gyo Allen O’Hare Hamer energy today against their big back line was the one walker isn’t a target mani bet mowbury was rubbing his hands together,is walker even fit

Perryccfc

Did nobody spot that ball in to sheaf or just me? With power at bollock height.

The pass isn’t great, but he tries to flick a ball round the corner not knowing what’s on, and he fucks the pass up. He’s a professional football at the end of the day, he should be able to deal with that.

cc84cov

Sheaf and Kane poor. Really poor.

People throw stats out to compare Sheaf's ball retention against Hamer but it's clear the difference in confidence between the two. When it's going poorly, Sheaf looks a lost puppy.
Would love to see player error stats leading to goals I bet sheaf is in the top 3

robbiekeane

Yeah awful pass.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I get that but, any other option and maybe it just ends up being a frustrating pass poorly controlled, or give the ball away elsewhere. Sheaf decides to cushion it down to no one and it’s a fucking goal. What annoyed me on the replay too is after he did that pathetic attempt at a pass he just flapped his arms up and stood there, wasted a second or two before deciding oh I had better get back and try and fix it.
Fuming

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Swap dabo and Kane

Hamer on for Kelly, Waghorn on for Walker.

I'd be tempted to take o'hare off for Allen.

Not sure if I'd swap Hamer for Sheaf as I think we might be even more open at the back if Kelly goes off. But Hamer definitely has to come on.

I'd be tempted to save the last sub for Tavares as a wild card. Blackburn are showing how pace helps.

With the joy they're having down the wings it is tempting to consider going four at the back.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’ve won more games from behind than any team in the Championship I believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm talking on the road. Get an early goal second half and it's all to play for still but nobody really seems on it today. A shame considering the bumper away following

stupot07

Yeah, go back to the first goal and see him watch his man go past him with zero urgency to get back.
He ran inbetween sheaf and kelly, kelly didn't run back either. The two centre halves have to deal with it.

Johnnythespider

I haven't seen the ball into Sheaf so can't comment on it but Sheaf does this at least once a game, he needs to cut it out of his game, and soon.

Paxman II

Don't think this is over yet. Blackburn have had some moments but tbh we have gifted the goals. Sheaf yet another horror pass. he has to eradicate that from his game. Kelly struggling a bit. need Hamer's energy. Rose and Hyam not good first half, look flat footed and slow. Need to pick up the pace and get O'Hare on the ball more feeding Gyo. We will score, but need to score early.

Users who are viewing this thread