Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Depends what you consider big money. I'd suggest if we sell this season we are doing so before he reaches optimal value. Currently probably get £5 - £6 million for him. Another season like this year (maybe with a bit more consistency) he's a £10m plus player. So, it depends what we get.

I have to say though that selling your best players at Championship level feels like the model to follow if you just want to survive each year. If we want to make playoffs we need to add quality to what we have.
Spot on; it works in the lower leagues at this level it’ll prevent us from actually progressing, which surely means making a genuine challenge for promotion next season.

Grendel

Harbinger of doom strikes. Must have been terrible for you the last 5 years with success after success.

So hope the club and management and players keep showing you up for the pessimist you are

Its a factual reality statement

Grendel

I’d imagine that Brentford’s wage bill was far higher than ours.

£40 million on promotion

There are £38 million shareholder loans - interest free and £45 million profit on player sales

I assume Boddy is feeding the nonsense we can be the next Brentford

slowpoke

How far do you think SISU can take the club and do you think we’ll progress again next season?
Not much better than we are now.

Get three or four better players in we can challenge stronger than we have this season, going to be plenty of decent free agents about, if we sell a star such as Hamer, O’Hare or Gyokeres they would need to be replaced with the same or better, sisu will happily sell but not so keen on like for like replacements.

Gynnsthetonic

I think the doom-mongers are getting a bit anxious as am I slightly that we could be like Barnsley next season if we sell our star players, we've all enjoyed this season with good football and good crowds and we want the same again and better, hopefully Joy and her investors know what promotion could bring.

Grendel

I think the doom-mongers are getting a bit anxious as am I slightly that we could be like Barnsley next season if we sell our star players, we've all enjoyed this season with good football and good crowds and we want the same again and better, hopefully Joy and her investors know what promotion could bring.

more likely Boddy will do another for sale article for the local media to enjoy

Thehig

Not a Coventry fan, I'm an Everton fan but working in Birmingham on a semi long term basis so wanted to watch some footie, picked Coventry and went the game yesterday.

Team played well first half and should of got another goal, seemed to lack that last bit of composure in final third, and were a little unlucky with some of the chances.

Terrible start to second half, Blackburn came out a different team with more energy and we're all over us.

Equaliser was amazing, great Strikers goal and good ball in by Dabo.
When that equaliser went in I screamed and celebrated like a sky blues fan, either the atmosphere rubbed off on me or I just hated Blackburn because of there constant cheating and gamesmanship anti football style.

Will be going to rest of home games really enjoyed it

skyblue025

We know one of our top players will be sold this summer, Boddy has said as much. We should tell clubs the starting price is 10 million not drop out knickers at the first paltry offer that comes in. Viktor is a 23 year old striker in his first full season where he has played regularly and is going to be somewhere between 15-20 goals. There is no way we should be accepting 5 million for him.

Unlike other sales the majority of what we get in needs to be reinvested back into the team and not taken by the owners as "Running costs" if we want to improve.

fernandopartridge

Fluked league 2 promotion
Fluked league 1 championship
Fluked championship survival
Fluked top half finish

There is no model it’s just luck

Ffs
There is no model, those are events they are not a model. The only model is that the club is to run with a maximum net investment from the owners of zero.

robbiethemole

I saw Lee Bowyer in the carpark before the game, asked him tongue in cheek if he was at the right stadium, and if he’d come to see a team play some proper footy. He just smiled and said we’ll see.
Probably scouting for the game against them, hopefully we’ve given him something to worry about.

Sky Blue Pete

But we're talking about the owners' model Pete
But we're talking about the owners' model Pete
You might be I’m talking about the whole shebang

I’m gobsmacked people with money put anything in at all to a club and a sport they have no experience in or any awareness of the traditions of the game. She’s learnt lots not least to leave football to the football experts.
Let’s see what happens. There’s no inevitability to us doing a Barnsley

Reactions: vow

Grendel

You might be I’m talking about the whole shebang

I’m gobsmacked people with money put anything in at all to a club and a sport they have no experience in or any awareness of the traditions of the game. She’s learnt lots not least to leave football to the football experts.
Let’s see what happens. There’s no inevitability to us doing a Barnsley

She and fisher don’t give a toss about the club and Boddy is an embarrassment as a CEO for a club of our size

Also she hasn’t put a penny in has she?

Sky Blue Pete

She and fisher don’t give a toss about the club and Boddy is an embarrassment as a CEO for a club of our size

Also she hasn’t put a penny in has she?
You are a parody!!
Let’s see how it goes, to have a go at the competency of the ceo of an organisation that has had our success is just crazy.

I’m not even saying he gets things perfectly right but he’s got some things right

lordy_87

I saw Lee Bowyer in the carpark before the game, asked him tongue in cheek if he was at the right stadium, and if he’d come to see a team play some proper footy. He just smiled and said we’ll see.
Probably scouting for the game against them, hopefully we’ve given him something to worry about.
Should have slashed his tyres

Grendel

You are a parody!!
Let’s see how it goes, to have a go at the competency of the ceo of an organisation that has had our success is just crazy.

I’m not even saying he gets things perfectly right but he’s got some things right

you don’t like tbe Tories but seem happy with an organisation that has given us 10 years of austerity and through a lot of luck and hardly any tactics a return to living Standards we had 15 years ago

Greggs

Not a Coventry fan, I'm an Everton fan but working in Birmingham on a semi long term basis so wanted to watch some footie, picked Coventry and went the game yesterday.

Team played well first half and should of got another goal, seemed to lack that last bit of composure in final third, and were a little unlucky with some of the chances.

Terrible start to second half, Blackburn came out a different team with more energy and we're all over us.

When that equaliser went in I screamed and celebrated like a sky blues fan, either the atmosphere rubbed off on me or I just hated Blackburn because of there constant cheating and gamesmanship anti football style.

You were just doing your research for next season, weren't you?

SlowerThanPlatt

You forgot to sign off with Boosh!

SlowerThanPlatt

Fuck the dirty northern basterds proper anti football and Mogga is still a fucking dinosaur 🦕 with those shit tactics. So glad karma bit them on the arse, the footy is like Blackburn dull and boring with showers of shit thrown in. Wtf was that ref about? Premier League my arse got to be one of the worst performances all season, and we’ve had plenty to choose from. Peter Bankes should be taken off the list. A very tense game but fuck me we nearly left on 95 mins so glad we didn’t but me tonsils have taken a right battering today

He’s the fourth official for Palace v Arsenal on Monday

clint van damme

Was talking to someone from the trust yesterday who was as scathing about Boddys 'Brentford model' comments as some on here so fair play to him in uniting polarised factions of the fanbase in condemnation of his nonsense!!

Sky Blue Pete

you don’t like tbe Tories but seem happy with an organisation that has given us 10 years of austerity and through a lot of luck and hardly any tactics a return to living Standards we had 15 years ago
I like that that’s clever!

I’m ecstatic not just happy that we are back where we were when sisu took over. I feared we’d lose our club forever in the dark days

The only thing I am happy with our owners for is leaving boddy and robins to get on with the football and for guaranteeing our future each year despite having less assets than liabilities

I like to live in the real world and recognise situations for what they are not for what I dream them to be, we need new owners to push on

Users who are viewing this thread