Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

I fancy us in this one. Blackburn have some tricky players, but Brereton-Diaz is unlikely to be fit (in Chile), their captain Lenehan has a groin injury, and the other very good defender Van Hecke has injured himself on international duty. The big Swede and Calum O'Hare to run riot. 0-3 to Blackburn !! (joking!)

lifeskyblue

Is JCS out for this one/rest of season? Is Fadz still out? If both out then it’s either Sheaf again in back 5….or will we move to a 4? Expect this to be a close one but us to win by the odd goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Three points as it will prolong the agony of hopes but longer and whatever causes the most stress to the fan base is what city will do.

God knows what the team will be, covid seems rife ATM so wouldn’t be surprised if a few are out we haven’t heard of.

no_loyalty

Assuming Fadz and JCS are still out injured and Kane and Rose are back, I’d go with.

Moore
Kane
Hyam
Rose
Bidwell
Maatsen
Sheaf
Hamer
O’Hare
Vik
Godden

City 2 Blackburn 0

It’sabatch87

I fancy us in this one. Blackburn have some tricky players, but Brereton-Diaz is unlikely to be fit (in Chile), their captain Lenehan has a groin injury, and the other very good defender Van Hecke has injured himself on international duty. The big Swede and Calum O'Hare to run riot. 0-3 to Blackburn !! (joking!)
He’s over there but unfit to play either game can’t see the point in him going.
Madness really but every little helps!!

Offhegoes

If JCS & McFadz are out I'd prefer we threw in an U23 player to the defence rather than putting Sheaf back there again. Jay McGrath or George Burroughs, maybe the new guy Alabi. I guess Bidwell will play there though, with Maastsen at left wing back, allowing Sheaf & Hamer back into midfield. Allen to miss out, as I am sure he'll go with Godden & Viktor up front.

no_loyalty

If JCS & McFadz are out I'd prefer we threw in an U23 player to the defence rather than putting Sheaf back there again. Jay McGrath or George Burroughs, maybe the new guy Alabi. I guess Bidwell will play there though, with Maastsen at left wing back, allowing Sheaf & Hamer back into midfield. Allen to miss out, as I am sure he'll go with Godden & Viktor up front.

Bidwell looked decent at LCB when he came on against Derby.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Having been at Wigan u23 game not so sure about those players listed being suitable. Jay did have some decent moments though in that game.

SlowerThanPlatt

These recent quotes suggest Reid will not make it at CCFC as a left wing-back and if he is to will be at centre back (unless we change system…)

“For what we want from that position, he is more of a left sided centre-half and more of a left-back.

As a wing-back, not necessarily, but as a left-back, certainly he is improving. He is doing well with the Under-23s, his attitude is very good and he’s certainly got good strength and build.

Frostie

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Is JCS out for this one/rest of season? Is Fadz still out? If both out then it’s either Sheaf again in back 5….or will we move to a 4? Expect this to be a close one but us to win by the odd goal.

Rose should be back, didnt mention him so Idk if you already knew

HerneBayGaz

Got a good feeling about this game. I predict a comfortable win. And hopefully I will be there to see it😉

SlowerThanPlatt

Brereton-Diaz starting for Chile tonight

Doesn’t sound like Blackburn are happy that he’s out there let alone starting given he’s just come back from an injury. He missed the Brazil game but they have to win tonight to stand a chance of qualifying

Ccfcnut

Get money on us to run the game 55%, score 1 goal and sit on it until they equalise, 3 subs on with 12 minutes to go and 8 clear chance misses. We are a very frustrating team, to be fair we are punching above our weight but even then we should be top 6. Some of those games we should have won are haunting us. The season is over for me now, if we can secure a top 10 finish that is a result overall but still left with a bitter taste.

Sky Blue Harry H

Some of the football we've played this season has been exhilarating, how anyone can be anything less than thoroughly proud is beyond me .
For the 1st time in a very long time it actually feels proper great to be a Cov fan

100% agree. The only disappointment for me is to go from 'exhilarating' to 'proper great' in one paragraph ; )

Covkid1968#

Some of the football we've played this season has been exhilarating, how anyone can be anything less than thoroughly proud is beyond me .
For the 1st time in a very long time it actually feels proper great to be a Cov fan
Don’t you dare come on here spouting that your positive crap . 😳

Skybluebeliever

@Skybluebeliever @better days how we looking injury wise? few back i assume?
Yes Rose and Kane back , Kane only just back training this week though, JCS looks like he’s out for the season , fadz another couple of weeks
Can see Bidwell covering in the back 3 , Maatson is away with Holland so a bit of concern making sure he comes back all okay
Doesn’t appear to be any more covid at the moment !!!

Users who are viewing this thread