Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
At home it’s 17 points in 15 games. Gyokeres is likely to be sold and unless we find a like for like replacement there are some obvious concerns
I thought it was O'Hare being sold?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

you don’t like tbe Tories but seem happy with an organisation that has given us 10 years of austerity and through a lot of luck and hardly any tactics a return to living Standards we had 15 years ago
While it's quite a nice point but it works both ways. it doesn't make you look that great if you're making that comparison considering you think SISU only look out for themselves to the detriment of the club but laud the Tories for looking after themselves to the detriment of the wider population.

Are you finally accepting that the Tories are an absolute shitfest of wankers that should be as far away from running things as possible? Cos if not you've also got to think that SISU are more than worthy of running the club.

Johhny Blue

Not a Coventry fan, I'm an Everton fan but working in Birmingham on a semi long term basis so wanted to watch some footie, picked Coventry and went the game yesterday.

Team played well first half and should of got another goal, seemed to lack that last bit of composure in final third, and were a little unlucky with some of the chances.

Terrible start to second half, Blackburn came out a different team with more energy and we're all over us.

Equaliser was amazing, great Strikers goal and good ball in by Dabo.
When that equaliser went in I screamed and celebrated like a sky blues fan, either the atmosphere rubbed off on me or I just hated Blackburn because of there constant cheating and gamesmanship anti football style.

Will be going to rest of home games really enjoyed it
Welcome to football

Grendel

While it's quite a nice point but it works both ways. it doesn't make you look that great if you're making that comparison considering you think SISU only look out for themselves to the detriment of the club but laud the Tories for looking after themselves to the detriment of the wider population.

Are you finally accepting that the Tories are an absolute shitfest of wankers that should be as far away from running things as possible? Cos if not you've also got to think that SISU are more than worthy of running the club.

no I’m pointing out the contradiction in Peters arguments

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

no I’m pointing out the contradiction in Peters arguments
Indeed.

But you don't seem to be aware that it means the exact same contradiction applies to you in reverse.

If you're going to criticise SISU for cutting costs and falling to invest as they care more about their investor's returns which can only ultimately lead to hampering our ability to perform on the pitch, then that's completely at odds to your continued support for Tory policy, which is exactly the same principle. Cut spending and fail to invest in order to 'balance the books', resulting in falling living standards as wage increases fall behind cost increases, ultimately to the detriment of the country as a whole but which those affiliated to them do very nicely out of.

The difference though is that the club have a manager who seems to be able to work minor miracles in those constraints. The country meanwhile has a buffoon who (in one of your favourite sayings) couldn't run a chip shop.

Anyway, this is a football thread getting polluted with politics.

I enjoyed the late goal but annoyed once again we failed to capitalise while on top leading to us having to eventually chase the game.

Otis

A must watch

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

These people really don't get it do they. It's like it's 6 minutes set in stone and once you go into added time, it will always be just 6 minutes even if you time waste for 2 minutes, or if play is stopped for 2 minutes during those 6 added minutes.

The ref said 6, so it has to be 6 come hell or high water and nothing else can be added on once you enter the 6 minute period . 🙄

olderskyblue

When the 6 minute board went up, the game had already stopped for another “injury” hadn’t it? They must be just a bit thick, that’s all.

shepardo01

When the 6 minute board went up, the game had already stopped for another “injury” hadn’t it? They must be just a bit thick, that’s all.
However baffling some of his decisions were, the referee did have the balls to note the time wasting by the Blackburn players.

At the point you mentioned, when one of their players was down before and through the 90min mark...he quite obviously pointed at the 4th official just before he put his board up and raised both hands in an upward motion... I guess asking the 4th to up the time.... he did this again in stoppage time for one of the "injuries".... he knew what was going on... (in this respect!!)...

Sky Blue Pete

Was talking to someone from the trust yesterday who was as scathing about Boddys 'Brentford model' comments as some on here so fair play to him in uniting polarised factions of the fanbase in condemnation of his nonsense!!
Yep the trust are scathing for good reason about many things. Trying to copy a model of success for our club seems a strange one

mark82

I’d imagine that Brentford’s wage bill was far higher than ours.

By the time they went up, yes, definitely. They made a hell of a lot of money through transfer fees though over a number of years. It wasn't something that happened overnight. What they did though was extract maximum value out of every successful player they sold. Selling is fine, but it has to be too good to turn down and allow you to improve the squad drastically. It allowed them to spend big money on the likes of Ollie Watkins.

mark82

Unless our owners find £100m investment from somewhere we’re not going to be a Brentford

With transfers they've had a negative net spend for a number of years, many of them fairly significant. They have invested heavily (particularly in the stadium) but it is a model that could be followed with some success. Key is extracting value though. I'm not sure we're set up the right way to do it.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Not a Coventry fan, I'm an Everton fan but working in Birmingham on a semi long term basis so wanted to watch some footie, picked Coventry and went the game yesterday.

Team played well first half and should of got another goal, seemed to lack that last bit of composure in final third, and were a little unlucky with some of the chances.

Terrible start to second half, Blackburn came out a different team with more energy and we're all over us.

Equaliser was amazing, great Strikers goal and good ball in by Dabo.
When that equaliser went in I screamed and celebrated like a sky blues fan, either the atmosphere rubbed off on me or I just hated Blackburn because of there constant cheating and gamesmanship anti football style.

Will be going to rest of home games really enjoyed it
Fair play to you mate. Welcome aboard!

clint van damme

However baffling some of his decisions were, the referee did have the balls to note the time wasting by the Blackburn players.

At the point you mentioned, when one of their players was down before and through the 90min mark...he quite obviously pointed at the 4th official just before he put his board up and raised both hands in an upward motion... I guess asking the 4th to up the time.... he did this again in stoppage time for one of the "injuries".... he knew what was going on... (in this respect!!)...

And wasn't it at this point the pitch invader came on? It was definitely during a stoppage so that wasn't the reason for more added time it was their constant time wasting.
We could still do without it happening though.

Thehig

I did find it odd that we made no subs until nearly 90 minutes when chasing the game.
Fans around me were shouting for Fabio to come on from about 70 minutes.

Can't argue that we actaully got the equaliser, but a change earlier might have changed the game and given a better chance of scoring earlier.

Wasn't Waghorn an option ? He's scored lot of goals at this level ?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I did find it odd that we made no subs until nearly 90 minutes when chasing the game.

Can't argue that we actaully got the equaliser, but a change earlier might have changed the game and given a better chance of scoring earlier.

It’s a regular problem with our manager - but to be fair to him he didn’t have many options on the bench. Waghorn got injured in october/november or so and since returning has not been very good at all - and it doesn’t look like robins trusts tavares. Apart from that , we had no one else to bring on really

Thehig

It’s a regular problem with our manager - but to be fair to him he didn’t have many options on the bench. Waghorn got injured in october/november or so and since returning has not been very good at all - and it doesn’t look like robins trusts tavares. Apart from that , we had no one else to bring on really
Fair, I don't know the team well enough yet to know about the sqaud depth.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The manager is a bit allergic to making substitutions I´m afraid.

Gibbo

Both Blackburn goals came from our left, and should really have been cut oyt, particularly the one by Dack. Bidwell was left side central defender. Which makes me query the high rating MotM he received from many.

Nick

Administrator
Both Blackburn goals came from our left, and should really have been cut oyt, particularly the one by Dack. Bidwell was left side central defender. Which makes me query the high rating MotM he received from many.

Surely it would be Maatsen?

fernandopartridge

I pointed it out elsewhere that for the first goal, he was mismatched in the air against Brereton-Diaz who won the initial header from the kick off and put us on the back foot. The second goal the ball went over his head, but it was whoever was supposed to be marking the zone their scorer was in who was at fault.

Sky Blue Pete

He’s risk averse it’s frustrating but he’s earned our trust. Not least with a Rochdale reserve striker now looking out of place as one of our first team squad

dadgad

Great equaliser by the big man. The way he made that ball ‘his’ speaks volumes. Strength, determination and guts. Proper striker.

Users who are viewing this thread