Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Apparantly responsible for 3000 deaths per year, shocked by that tbh

BornSlippySkyBlue

The most dangerous animal is the mosquito actually. Kills a million people a year.

Size doesn't really matter.
Yeah there is that. I mean, most dangerous animal that isn’t an insect / spider / bug of some sort. Anyway, to drag this thread back onto important football matters, if this game had been played in 1892...
69C3C18E-6AFB-4B3A-9ADC-34598ACA4B9E.jpeg 4DAA0862-0C3F-4983-BC50-9F94656626EC.jpeg

stevefloyd

but again, it's not going to alter his red card. It was unprofessional of him.
If someone stamps on you the red mist descends very quick...I am not violent at all but when I played my last game this player came straight through me and studded my leg so I just got up and lamped him, I then turned to the ref and apologised and said the twat studded me and showed the ref and never got sent off (decent ref although not according to Adge)

Irish Sky Blue

I never look at the match thread during the game as it would distract from what is going on on the pitch and I also avoid this thread after a defeat. I thought I would have a look after what I thought was a reasonable performance and result. The collective wisdom of SBT tells me that McFadz is shite, Hyam is completely shite, McCallum is shite, James is shite, Kelly is now not up to Championship standard, Shipley is on another planet for shiteness, Biamou is of course shite, Walker is shite and Gyo is shite too. Robins is a shite manager who makes shite decisions.Presumably the only players worthy to start the next game are Wilson, Osti (even though he can’t), Dabo and O’Hare. The jury seems to be out on Hamer. In yesterday’s game, the game was over once Rovers had scored, we had run up the white flag, Robin’s tactics of playing for a narrow defeat were coming to fruition and we never dominated any phase of that game (opening 20 minutes?).We also never looked like scoring.
I understand that football is a game of emotions and that feelings can get the better of you during a game. I understand this because that is the way I am and have been at every City game I have watched since 1967. However, the total lack of any objectivity from the same old people on here every time we are not winning (and sometimes even when we are) is just crazy. I wonder if any of them actually read back what they have said and come to the conclusion that they were talking shite? I doubt it.

JulianDarbyFTW

I never look at the match thread during the game as it would distract from what is going on on the pitch and I also avoid this thread after a defeat. I thought I would have a look after what I thought was a reasonable performance and result. The collective wisdom of SBT tells me that McFadz is shite, Hyam is completely shite, McCallum is shite, James is shite, Kelly is now not up to Championship standard, Shipley is on another planet for shiteness, Biamou is of course shite, Walker is shite and Gyo is shite too. Robins is a shite manager who makes shite decisions.Presumably the only players worthy to start the next game are Wilson, Osti (even though he can’t), Dabo and O’Hare. The jury seems to be out on Hamer. In yesterday’s game, the game was over once Rovers had scored, we had run up the white flag, Robin’s tactics of playing for a narrow defeat were coming to fruition and we never dominated any phase of that game (opening 20 minutes?).We also never looked like scoring.
I understand that football is a game of emotions and that feelings can get the better of you during a game. I understand this because that is the way I am and have been at every City game I have watched since 1967. However, the total lack of any objectivity from the same old people on here every time we are not winning (and sometimes even when we are) is just crazy. I wonder if any of them actually read back what they have said and come to the conclusion that they were talking shite? I doubt it.

It's a game of emotions though, innit. I wear sky blue glasses on the match thread, and think every decision against us is wrong, and every goal we score is onside, and every dubious penalty claim for us should have been given. Same as I do in the stadium. But in the cold light of day, I see things more objectively. The match thread is just a bunch of people who are letting off steam, and will always see the highest of highs or the lowest of lows. That's what actually makes the thread enjoyable in the moment imo.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you go to a stadium, people constantly shout and say silly things during a game. It is an emotional investment being a supporter, and most of us are guilty of the odd outburst from time to time. The fact we cannot go into the stadium means that the same environment is created on here, or at least a replication is attempted.

I say a lot of stupid shit during the game, and often regret it. In the heat of the moment though, what am I supposed to do? Tell my dog that Biamou missed another sitter and see what he thinks? I don't think you can really waltz onto the match thread after its happened and take aim at people.

Irish Sky Blue

It's a game of emotions though, innit. I wear sky blue glasses on the match thread, and think every decision against us is wrong, and every goal we score is onside, and every dubious penalty claim for us should have been given. Same as I do in the stadium. But in the cold light of day, I see things more objectively. The match thread is just a bunch of people who are letting off steam, and will always see the highest of highs or the lowest of lows. That's what actually makes the thread enjoyable in the moment imo.
What you say here is what I would feel. I am totally biased, but I am biased for our team and our players. What appears on the match thread is an avalanche of negativity. Translate that to a match day and you have the people who ‘support’ their team by hurling abuse at their own players and want them to do their best while letting them know that they think they are shite.

Irish Sky Blue

If you go to a stadium, people constantly shout and say silly things during a game. It is an emotional investment being a supporter, and most of us are guilty of the odd outburst from time to time. The fact we cannot go into the stadium means that the same environment is created on here, or at least a replication is attempted.

I say a lot of stupid shit during the game, and often regret it. In the heat of the moment though, what am I supposed to do? Tell my dog that Biamou missed another sitter and see what he thinks? I don't think you can really waltz onto the match thread after its happened and take aim at people.
I’m not trying to appear holier than thou, but I can honestly say that I have never shouted abuse at our own players during a game. Isn’t the definition of a supporter someone who tries to improve performance through encouragement?If you look back through match threads it is the same people who have a downer on the players, management and team each game. It’s not just a season like this where w lose more than we win. Look at threads from last season and games where we were winning and eventually won. Tranmere away and Lincoln at home are two that spring to mind, where the amount of vitriol aimed at management and players was unbelievable.
This season was always going to be a fight for survival. Almost everyone said that fourth bottom would be a success. By common consent we have one of the lowest budgets in this division. Add to that lengthy injuries to key players, Rose, Dabo, Godden, Walker and Kelly. Just what do people expect? At the moment, we have our head above the water line, we have given ourselves a good chance of staying up and in virtually every game, despite the injuries and the huge funding gap, we are competitive.
I get the frustration of seeing another Hyam mistake yesterday, it doesnt make him shite and it doesn’t mean that he can’t raise his performance for upcoming games. Ultimately Robins has got what he has got to work with. He wouldn’t have had the budget in the summer or January to make all the changes in personnel he would have wanted. Next season, hopefully in this division, the quality of the squad will no doubt be improved. Surely that’s where being objective comes in.
With regard to taking aim at people on the match thread after a game, isn’t discussion and disagreement (hopefully in a polite and reasonable way) what a forum like this is all about?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Stop taking sense!

giphy.gif

Adge

If someone stamps on you the red mist descends very quick...I am not violent at all but when I played my last game this player came straight through me and studded my leg so I just got up and lamped him, I then turned to the ref and apologised and said the twat studded me and showed the ref and never got sent off (decent ref although not according to Adge)
Yeah, great officiating from that decent referee in not sending you off when you have just committed violent conduct.🙄

clint van damme

Who said Kelly isn't up to championship standard?

stevefloyd

Yeah, great officiating from that decent referee in not sending you off when you have just committed violent conduct.🙄
Ha ha I knew you would comment... to be fair I did offer my hand to him after I had hit him but for some reason he never took the offer up

stevefloyd

I’m not trying to appear holier than thou, but I can honestly say that I have never shouted abuse at our own players during a game. Isn’t the definition of a supporter someone who tries to improve performance through encouragement?If you look back through match threads it is the same people who have a downer on the players, management and team each game. It’s not just a season like this where w lose more than we win. Look at threads from last season and games where we were winning and eventually won. Tranmere away and Lincoln at home are two that spring to mind, where the amount of vitriol aimed at management and players was unbelievable.
This season was always going to be a fight for survival. Almost everyone said that fourth bottom would be a success. By common consent we have one of the lowest budgets in this division. Add to that lengthy injuries to key players, Rose, Dabo, Godden, Walker and Kelly. Just what do people expect? At the moment, we have our head above the water line, we have given ourselves a good chance of staying up and in virtually every game, despite the injuries and the huge funding gap, we are competitive.
I get the frustration of seeing another Hyam mistake yesterday, it doesnt make him shite and it doesn’t mean that he can’t raise his performance for upcoming games. Ultimately Robins has got what he has got to work with. He wouldn’t have had the budget in the summer or January to make all the changes in personnel he would have wanted. Next season, hopefully in this division, the quality of the squad will no doubt be improved. Surely that’s where being objective comes in.
With regard to taking aim at people on the match thread after a game, isn’t discussion and disagreement (hopefully in a polite and reasonable way) what a forum like this is all about?
I can also honestly say I have never shouted abuse at any of our players but I do have the odd moan on here though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread