Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (5 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Not really he’s useless and his found a partner that’s as useless - for a big player physically he’s so poor at using his body weight - he and Gyorkes was like watching two Bob Latchfords - when he was 35 it was turgid stuff

He was a handful. Do I want him on a one on one, probably not but he was a handful. I’ve not seen a team struggle against us in the air as much all season

Magwitch

Well 4 points from that block of 5 games, surely we're happy with that and being outside of the bottom 3 at the end of Feb?
Getting five points in February considering the opposition and our then injury problems is an achievement I didn’t think possible to be honest six points above bottom three Rotherham and Wednesday play each other midweek as do Huddersfield and Birmingham certainly going to be interesting

Briles

Don't get the hate for Gyo. Works his arse off and puts his foot in at every opportunity. Those slagging him off are expecting some fkin mental run and goal just because he's off the bench. Weirdos.

Last edited:

Briles

No just when you are clean thru either shoot or pass to striker partner to your right

Mental I know..

He won the ball when their rb was clean through, that ok or?

Hertsccfc

Fucking stupid from Leo. He'd been warned about gobbing but carried on and got booked for it. Kept his mouth shut and he could have afforded the booking he got for the challenge when he had to bail out dumb and dumbers barn dance up front.
Agree with this and we should have taken him off. The stamp on him was dreadful but he was a sending off waiting to happen. Fortunately it didn't really change the course of the match

mark82

Oggy making a good point that 9 times out of 10 when your team concedes you think it's avoidable.

Thought defensively we were ok aside from the goal. We're still a bit toothless up front though. As soon as Walker went off just thought no way we'd score. Even with him on we didn't look too likely to score, he doesn't look quite up to fitness yet but he's had to come in and lead the line.

Sky Blue Harry H

Fucking stupid from Leo. He'd been warned about gobbing but carried on and got booked for it. Kept his mouth shut and he could have afforded the booking he got for the challenge when he had to bail out dumb and dumbers barn dance up front.

Is it a one match ban (Boro?). At least he can save his wrath for Derby next weak, and get his poorly leg better!

mrtrench

Agreed but their guy did stamp on his thigh. I hope the club submits the evidence and he's sent off in retrospect.

stay_up_skyblues

I don’t like making a judgement based on sub appearances or when a player hasn’t had a sustained run as a starter to get up to speed. But Gyokores doesn’t look to even have the basic attributes.

Based on what we’ve seen he’s no pace, little skill and can’t control a ball. For the sake of fresh legs we may as well be throwing this lad we signed from Rochdale on. At least he’s ours. At worst he doesn’t influence the game or gifts them possession so no different to Gyo or Baka.

As for the game today, it was a strange one. Two average looking sides who for the most part defended well, our customary defensive clanger aside. Pretty meh all round going forwards. But for us to be at that level matching mid table championship sides away is a great fucking achievement really.

Liquid Gold

Oggy making a good point that 9 times out of 10 when your team concedes you think it's avoidable.

Thought defensively we were ok aside from the goal. We're still a bit toothless up front though. As soon as Walker went off just thought no way we'd score. Even with him on we didn't look too likely to score, he doesn't look quite up to fitness yet but he's had to come in and lead the line.
It is avoidable when the ball is in front of the defender and he just air kicks it.

Hertsccfc

Don't get the hate for Gyo. Works his arse off and puts his foot in at every opportunity. Those slagging him off are expecting some fkin mental run and goal just because he's off the bench. Weridos.
I don't hate him. Just don't think he is any good.

I would work hard if I had the opportunity to play.

clint van damme

Agreed but their guy did stamp on his thigh. I hope the club submits the evidence and he's sent off in retrospect.

it looked to me as though he did, however, I think it will be difficult to prove intent. Either way, it won't alter the fact he's now suspended.

covcity4life

Shipley as sinvovled in the goal but I wouldn't call it a great flick at all.

Mcallum walker and James get the plaudits for the goal. Way I saw it anyway

Users who are viewing this thread