Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (3 Viewers)

ccfcmad1

Another defeat for them tonight all be it against Watford that's five on the bounce seems Mowbray's mid season slump is in full swing. Need to get at these Saturday surely a game we should be looking at getting the three points from but we have a bad habit of giving teams on poor runs a lift.

no_loyalty

Another defeat for them tonight all be it against Watford that's five on the bounce seems Mowbray's mid season slump is in full swing. Need to get at these Saturday surely a game we should be looking at getting the three points from but we have a bad habit of giving teams on poor runs a lift.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets sacked tomorrow, all their fans want him out.

pusbccfc

Their pitch is as bad as Birmingham.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Armstrong has pace, something our defence doesn’t have, we will do well to keep him quiet.

I suspect the fate will be decided by our players being able to hit the back of the net. We will get chances, we will need to take them.

We win, Mogga sacked. Would be weird.

Sky Blue Harry H

Armstrong has pace, something our defence doesn’t have, we will do well to keep him quiet.

That's why for this game I'd start Pask (fit) as Dabo was clearly not up to speed yesterday and AA could have a field day if we get that bit wrong. Pask, for any other faults, is quick. I also don't want Fankaty to risk injury / getting sent off. Fankaty, fully fit, I wouldn't be concerned about as he is a clever player, but not being 100% fit is not what you want facing Armstrong. Save Fankaty for Boro.

shepardo01

Blackburn fans are up in arms and want Mowbray gone.
They also want Venus and Waggott gone amidst plans to sell off their training ground for housing and scrap their Cat 1 academy! Sound familiar!!??
They are calling then the "Coventry 3"
Massive questions around Mowbrays recruitment, particularly loans and his playing of players out of position.
Had two very young loans playing as back central two this evening who have apparently been struggling. Fans say team selection is like a literal lottery draw.
Just lost 5 in a row!..... fans are up in arms! ..... let's hope he's still in a job on Saturday morning! ....sounds dire what he's serving up on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 2477

Mowbray has been playing Armstrong out wide to the anoyance of their fans which sounds familiar. If we can deal with Armstrong and prevent his runs into the box then Blackburn offer very little.

reading their forum there is a distinct hate of Mowbrey and them wanting him gone. He is playing players out of position and has two very young CBs on loan who they state are atrocious. Play our pressing game and get Ohare running at them we should win this if we can take our chances and keep Armstrong quiet

Magwitch

But we have to take our chances, we will get them. We had three what I would call more than half chances last night McFadz, Walker & Biamou again and didn’t hit the target. Biamou plays okay but just cannot hit the target.

Sky_Blue_Daz

3 points are there for the taking , anyone know how far Godden is from making the squad ?

shmmeee

I dont understand xG is it the higher the better or lower the better??

It “good chances” basically. So if you score more than your xG you’re scoring difficult chances. Less and you’re missing easy ones. I think the only two players beating theirs other than the odd defender are Hamer and Walker. O’Hares for example is worse than Max’s because as we all know he’s missed a load of sitters this season:

341C2B38-5E9C-4BF8-B37E-0867AA37BA98.jpeg

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It “good chances” basically. So if you score more than your xG you’re scoring difficult chances. Less and you’re missing easy ones. I think the only two players beating theirs other than the odd defender are Hamer and Walker. O’Hares for example is worse than Max’s because as we all know he’s missed a load of sitters this season:

View attachment 18866
Ahhh I get it so Max’s is bad then?

Frostie

View attachment 18866

Godden is overperforming his too.

Users who are viewing this thread