Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (5 Viewers)

OldBedrocker

To me this team is set up not to concede Is this another case of Robbins thinking we were attacking against Swansea lost so I’ll play for a draw again? Wouldn’t be the first time this season

Evo1883

To me this team is set up not to concede Is this another case of Robbins thinking we were attacking against Swansea lost so I’ll play for a draw again? Wouldn’t be the first time this season
If that was his thinking, I'd imagine he'd play 1 up and play an extra midfielder

AFCCOVENTRY

MR is taking the piss out of Blackburn with that starting line up!
I hope it doesnt come back to bite us on the arse.

On the plus side, Blackburn would of spent the last couple of days preparing to nullify Ohare and Hamer 😁

They’re not prepared for the thunderous left foot of Shipley.

stay_up_skyblues

Hamer hasn’t been at it as much as he was but tbf since going two up top his role is deeper and not box to box. James isn’t a bad replacement for the role. Shipley in for COH looks a strange one though... Callum is a MOM contender most weeks.

procdoc

I don’t think it’s a more defensive set up at all, all the positional swaps are like for like. Only one that puzzles me is Shipley in for O’Hare. We will miss his ability to take the ball on the half-turn and i am worried that we will miss his work rate, as Shipley doesn’t put as much effort in, in my opinion

Londonccfcfan

looking at the pitch its in a right state so not a game for passing it around

Yeah team seems a bit more huff and puff and lump it up there.

Run the players into the ground. And bring on fresh legs plenty of options.

Can't see Dabo and Shipley playing 90...

cc84cov

I don’t think it’s a more defensive set up at all, all the positional swaps are like for like. Only one that puzzles me is Shipley in for O’Hare. We will miss his ability to take the ball on the half-turn and i am worried that we will miss his work rate, as Shipley doesn’t put as much effort in, in my opinion
Writing your name puzzles you 🤡🤡

Terry Gibson's perm

Not sure which management courses MR has been on, but hope it is one that covers a different approach to the above suggestion.

Most footballers need a good kick Shipley has got away with below par performances for a long time, most would say he is lucky to be at this level and he wouldn’t get near the first team at most other clubs in this league.

stevefloyd

Not only your opinion

Grendel

Most footballers need a good kick Shipley has got away with below par performances for a long time, most would say he is lucky to be at this level and he wouldn’t get near the first team at most other clubs in this league.

Nor would Wilson Hyam Mcfazdean Biamou Bakayoko etc

Evo1883

Nor would Wilson Hyam Mcfazdean Biamou Bakayoko etc
Leave Mcfadzean out of this
giphy.gif

Frostie

If that was his thinking, I'd imagine he'd play 1 up and play an extra midfielder

You can't compensate for the workrate of O'Hare, particularly with Shipley as his replacement so Kelly & James is to try & be as solid as possible through the middle against their fairly narrow midfield/forwards & think we then play a bit more direct.

Nick

Administrator
Will be hard to see us pressing so much with Shipley in there. He will be blowing after 10 minutes.

I hope to get a nice surprise and he has a stormer though!

Users who are viewing this thread