Blackburn fans a disgrace (1 Viewer)

Otis

A must win game. A game when the club need the supporters support more than ever.

And what do we get? Constant, incessant chanting of "Kean out" for most of the first half.

Now I know a fair few fans have wanted rid of Andy Thorn here, but us City fans would never, ever, be calling for the manager's head in such a crucial match as this. Just wouldn't happen.

It's not as if Blackburn are even losing for fooks sake. It has been long, loud and consistent.

Had they been behind then I could at least understand it a little, though it would still be very wrong.

Pretty sure City fans would have just got behind the team until all hope was lost.

Otis

Calling for the manager's head all through the first half in a game the team has to win? Classy. :facepalm:

Even Gary Neville is saying that it has been getting to the players and wearing them down.

Fookin numpties if you ask me.

Otis

They are calling for the manager's head as well as that of the owners. Getting at the manager is surely getting at the players?

Nowt to do with Sisu. These are chants against the manager.

classicfooty

They are calling for the manager's head as well as that of the owners. Getting at the manager is surely getting at the players?

so managers head aswell as owners means just manager ??????????????/

guicey15

If I was Steve Kean, i'd play the worst team of players possible. If I had the fans chanting against me as there manager when they aren't even relegated, i'd lose the will to try and keep them up. When we were losing against Doncaster, nobody even thought of chanting against Thorn and when we were down sung the Sky Blue Song. Fine about the Venky's out stuff, but if they stay up, Blackburn fans are going to look like colossal idiots

rob9872

And the voiceriferous chants about SISU would have made them say "oh look they don't like us shall we go?"????? ... just like they have at Blackburn, or Man U ... or Liverpool ... or Newcastle .... shall I go on? Its clear it doesn't work.We don't want SISU, we don't have a choice. I don't like them any more than anyone else but our only responsibility is towards the team since they are the only thing we can positively or negatively influence by chanting and as we want them to win, then support is the only thing we should consider.

ggrady

Personally I never chant against our managers (unless it's strachan) because it solves nothing. However if we could protest this much against sisu I would be delighted. They are good at protesting but not great at supporting :p

Otis

so managers head aswell as owners means just manager ??????????????/

No. Course not. Where have I said that?

it is the chants against the manager though that I am talking about here. they are counter productive anyway, but in a game such as this? Pure madness.

canleykid

Well at home were shit at protesting and supporting however away were still shit a protesting but great supporting the team,what i don't get is lack of media coverage when we try and make a stand against sisu,the stewards go crazy argued it be a banner or balloon I don't not what sisu have over these people ......unless they've invested in sisu and want there money back,even our own paper and radio shoes don't allow any bad mouthing of sisu its just baffling

CJparker

Now they are throwing bottles, shoes even golf balls towards Kean - disgrace.

Steve Kean has been a terrible manager but nobody deserves this level of personal abuse.

classicfooty

there you go otis "they are calling for the managers head aswell as that of the owners" and then "nowt to do with sisu?" ie the owners "these chants are against the manager" make your mind up mate

torchomatic

Shameful. ...

Otis

there you go otis "they are calling for the managers head aswell as that of the owners" and then "nowt to do with sisu?" ie the owners "these chants are against the manager" make your mind up mate

What?

You are totally confusing me. My comments make perfect sense!

I stand by what I said. They were calling for the manager's head and the owners head. Then people on here started talking about Sisu. I had no problem with the Blackburn fans calling for the owners head. I did have a very big problem though with them calling for the manager's head when they had to win and anything but a win would mean relegation.

I was talking about the chants against the manager and only talking about the chants against the manager. My post was nothing to do with owners! That is why I said nowt to do with Sisu. People on here started talking about Sisu!!

Blackburn fans were a disgrace in their chants against the manager! I was only talking about that and that only.

Last edited:

junglej13

Whilst some of the abuse has clearly been very strong towards Kean I can understand the fans frustrations! Kean should never in a million years have got the job in the first place and for me should have had the decency to resign (I know some will disagree with this). All season the fans have said he wasn't good enough and in many ways they have ultimately been proved right as Kean has taken them down. It reminds me a little bit of when Reid was manager here. He clearly wasnt wanted and actually gained some respect in my eyes by resigning.

Otis

Think you will find he is the assistant manager not the manager.

If you recall, we were bloody awful here when Macca was manager and Black was assistant manager. As soon as Black became manager we played a completely different way.

The assistant manager's job is to assist not to manage.

Otis

Whilst some of the abuse has clearly been very strong towards Kean I can understand the fans frustrations! Kean should never in a million years have got the job in the first place and for me should have had the decency to resign (I know some will disagree with this). All season the fans have said he wasn't good enough and in many ways they have ultimately been proved right as Kean has taken them down. It reminds me a little bit of when Reid was manager here. He clearly wasnt wanted and actually gained some respect in my eyes by resigning.

But why call for his head with TWO games to go, in a match the team HAD to win? Self-defeating. The fans should have put all their feelings aside for 2 games and backed THEIR team. What good would sacking a manager have done with just 2 games to go?

The fans tonight were surely partly responsible for Blackburn's defeat as the protests seemed to clearly be getting to the players.

I pray to god City fans never ever behave in such a manner,

Sky Blue Sheepy

I have absolutely no argument with the OP. Our protesting has never been fantastic but our support of the team itself has been phenominal this year - a mix of gallows humour and genuine support for the team. Proud to be a city fan and certainly would rather be one of us than them.

junglej13

But why call for his head with TWO games to go, in a match the team HAD to win? Self-defeating. The fans should have put all their feelings aside for 2 games and backed THEIR team. What good would sacking a manager have done with just 2 games to go?

The fans tonight were surely partly responsible for Blackburn's defeat as the protests seemed to clearly be getting to the players.

I pray to god City fans never ever behave in such a manner,

It was probably quite similar to us after the defeat to Millwall. They needed 2 wins (with their last game away to Chelsea) and for other games to go their way. I think they were just reinforcing the point they've made all season! A couple of months ago the fans did actually get behind the team but they've been awful the last 8 games or so! Some people are very quick to slate the supporters but if you were a season ticket holder at Blackburn this season I think you'd have every right to be fuming with the owners and manager. Kean will never get another manager's job in the country and he knows it so has held out for a pay out!

SBS

I know it's not exactly the "Kean Out" chants we've heard this evening, but don't people think that when our fans sing "how sh!t must you be..." etc that this damages morale? Personally, I hate the fact we sing this song and can never bring myself to join in.

mark82

Blackburns main problem is the fans have created a horrible atmosphere all year. Every home match must have been worse for the players than playing away. Sure fire way to get your team relegated.

Spence CCFC

Some people on here really are blind. They've been shafted by their owners and placed with a manager no one wanted. They have supported and backed the team this season yet the manager and board have fecked it up. What a disgrace they are for caring about their team. You may not agree with them chanting against a manager mid game but do a little research on the matter before branding them.

mark82

Some people on here really are blind. They've been shafted by their owners and placed with a manager no one wanted. They have supported and backed the team this season yet the manager and board have fecked it up. What a disgrace they are for caring about their team. You may not agree with them chanting against a manager mid game but do a little research on the matter before branding them.

They have not supported their team all season. It's not all fans but a large enough number to make it a horrible atmosphere. I have a couple of friends who are Blackburn fans who completely agree. Protesting every match gets you nowhere but relegated.

Mr T - Sukka!

Sometimes passions run high and when things go wrong (Relegation) they look at those responsible. The owners and the manager.

When you pay you have a right to complain. Its the nature of the game to recieve applause when things go well and a bad reception when things dont go well.

Users who are viewing this thread