Bizarre Incident In Keresley - Did Anyone Else See/Hear About This?.. (1 Viewer)

John_Joe

On Monday evening (12/12/11) at around 7pm hundreds of apples myseriously fell from the sky and landed along Kelmscote Road and all the way up the Keresley Road, in Keresley.
I was in my car and myself and several others had to swerve to avoid the apples as they bounced off our car bonnets! It was one of the strangest things I've ever witnessed in my life, they were just raining down from the sky and bouncing off peoples cars.
There were loads of them in the road, from Kelmscote Road all the way up to Keresley Road.
They were literally raining down and came down with great force.
I consider myself a rational man so I've been trying to explain how it occured, it is so bizarre as there are no apple trees along the carriageway in that area, the apples just fell out of the sky :eek:

As there were other people in their cars who witnessed this, did anyone on here see/hear about this? This was quite surreal

Last edited:

John_Joe

Yes this is a true account of what I witnessed and would like to see if anyone else saw/heard about it aswell. I know it is quite bizarre, imagine if you had been in your car when it happened!

wingy

Bizzarre,could it been a freak wind related event ,but wherever they may have come from surely all the apples have been long gone off trees or ground.

John_Joe

Hmmm.. I was discussing it with colleagues & they thought it could have been from a plane of some sort, perhaps the apples were being held in a cargo of some sort?? But then even that seems far fetched as they were just loose apples, not in any boxes of any kinds or netting etc :thinking about: I drove back up there later that night, just to make sure I hadnt imagined it (lol) and they were very much there on the ground. Its quite inexplicable :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

You see, if man will go around discovering the so-called God Particle, strange things will ensue. Expect a dog to talk and a fish to ride a bike within the next few days.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd stay off that exotic tobacco if I were you mate! :D

wingy

Sure i heard once of a load of frogs coming down in a freak storm somewhere ,maybe its a sign ,hopefully of good fortune for our team being as we're on a footy forum

John_Joe

@Houchens Head: I was as sober as a nun, never been one for that kind of thing anyway if I'm honest. I was just driving home when it happened. Truth is if someone had told me this I would have the same reaction as you.

Back on topic: A similar incident happened in Lancashire some years ago aswell:

On November 8-9, 1984, for over an hour apples fell from the skies over East Crescent, Accrington, Lancashire, England. People found hundreds in their yards.
http://aboutfacts.net/Mysterious3.htm

So this is not the first time something like this has happened then :thinking about:

Last edited:

wingy

Out of curiousity ,what variety were they ,if Golden Delicious ,could have been a pre-emptive strike from EU in response to Camerons maverick stance in europe.

Disorganised1

Logically they should be an American variety carried over here by the winds we're experiencing currently which have come from over there.

If this incident really happened that apples fell from a height surely there would be damage to bonnets and roofs etc and surely others would have come forward by now and it would be in the local and national press by now.

Can't help the feeling of a bit of WUM here.........................

PUSB

hughescov

One theory is freak weather conditions may have caused a vortex of water pressure, which is when wind and rain form a powerful vacuum that can lift items and dump them up to 100 miles away. Some also believe the apples fell from a plane.

People are still struggling to get to the core of this bizarre incident then ;)

Otis

I live in Keresley right by where this happened and saw nowt.

Mind, I didn't go out Monday. Was too busy filling out incident forms with police, after finding out that some barsteward had nicked all the apples off our tree. :(

Maybe he's got big hands?!

I reckon he put them all on a trampoline and then jumped from a first floor window onto said trampoline. Upon hitting the trampoline the apples shot into the air and rained down on passing cars after being caught in enough wind to carry them over the garden fence.

kg82

I reckon he put them all on a trampoline and then jumped from a first floor window onto said trampoline. Upon hitting the trampoline the apples shot into the air and rained down on passing cars after being caught in enough wind to carry them over the garden fence.

Possible! Rumours doing the rounds are it was a mischievous bunch of GP's trying to disprove the old saying "an apple a day..."

wingy

There you go for all those who thought i was barmy ;) i knew others had to have witnessed it aswell
While slightly sceptical is i typed my initial response JON JOE,it was my faith in human nature that was the de--cider for me:D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apple-ogies JJ! Thought it might have been Adam throwing his Apple from Heaven? I was trying to gr-apple with the image of falling fruit! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread