Match Thread Birmingham match thread (1 Viewer)

Monners

I would have been more gutted if we had let in a last minute equaliser at Bristol.

There is still no hiding the fact that missing chances could be our Achilles heal this season. Which is a pity as we play great football.

mark82

There’s no point in making platitudes like we should take a lot from that. We’ve taken 120 minutes of energy taken for nothing

Yeah, would rather not have had the replay or extra time, but them's the rules. League is more important, just have to hope it hasn't taken too much out of them.

hill83

I'm always surprised how easily some people take defeat and how they can be so indifferent so quickly. To go out like that stings like hell, and while they may be right regarding the league being the priority etc., let people vent a bit FFS.

League I’d be raging to be honest. But this, although disappointing, not that arsed.

luwalla

Yep, now its over I ain’t arsed... was buzzing for the performance and goals, but we haven’t got the distraction of the Leicester game now - and it would have been a distraction!

took a champship team to the brink, and not through any ‘one off magic of the cup performance’ but by playing the way we can and have done. Yes we could have won it with the chances we had, but Close as a nats knackers... take the positives, we can already compete at this level... and move into winning this league!!!

mark82

I'm always surprised how easily some people take defeat and how they can be so indifferent so quickly. To go out like that stings like hell, and while they may be right regarding the league being the priority etc., let people vent a bit FFS.

To be fair it's normally me venting.

Grendel

Christ almighty, you are not the person to tell someone not to use platitudes.

I can’t comment on the game as I didn’t go but again it seems the strikers generally fail to convert key chances or the games long over before 90 minutes is up - again we cannot get out of sight and always are hanging on by a thread

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, now it so we I ain’t arsed... was buzzing for the performance and goals, but we haven’t hit the distraction of the Leicester game now - and it would have been a distraction!

took a champship team to the brink not through any ‘one off magic of the cup performance’ but by playing the way we can and have done. Yes we could have won it with the chances we had, but Close as a nats knackers... take the positives, we can already compete at this level... and move into winning this league!!!

Would rather have bowed out in the first game and saved ourselves the effort

SeaSeeEffCee

I'd start Baka on Saturday against Bolton. Godden hasn't had a single good game since Tranmere.

Not too bothered about losing tonight as league is 100x more important, but not happy about playing a needless extra 30 minutes ahead of an incredibly busy and tough period of games. Hopefully the manner of the defeat won't effect squad morale and confidence too much, I imagine it'll be tough to take.

We've got a very good team here in pretty much all areas of the pitch, except maybe up top. The league is there for the taking if we want it but we can't let the performance levels slip and we have to find a way of preventing so many wins turning into draws.

Evo1883

Time to log off from here for a while, the constant player destroying and negativity just bother me to be entirely honest.
Easier to enjoy what's been a great season away from this kind of melodramatic nonsense we have after every draw / defeat / miss / offside / error etc etc

Bizarre.

Brighton Sky Blue

Time to log off from here for a while, the constant player destroying and negativity just bother me to be entirely honest.
Easier to enjoy what's been a great season away from this kind of melodramatic nonsense we have after every draw / defeat / miss / offside / error etc etc

Bizarre.

You cannot deny this has been a very frustrating evening-there's no melodrama just legit complaints

hill83

Bizarre.

Bet you won’t

mark82

I can’t comment on the game as I didn’t go but again it seems the strikers generally fail to convert key chances or the games long over before 90 minutes is up - again we cannot get out of sight and always are hanging on by a thread

Yeah, that's been an issue all year. I wish we could've added a loan striker in the window. Think Goddens hat-tricks papered over the cracks somewhat.

Whoopty84

I'm pacing up and down the kitchen listening to the match, when the wife comes out with "thought you didn't like Cov anymore" she hasn't a clue, you can't drop the team you've followed your whole life! City Till You Die!
Anyhow let's get back to winning Promotion

Grendel

We shouldn't have let the cross come in. Last minute again

The real issue is though we don’t see off teams when on top very often so are then under pressure

theferret

Bizarre.

Bizarre that people are gutted to go out like that, after all that effort over 2 games? What player destroying anyway? It stings, and people are just frustrated. We're not all emotionless Mr Spocks.

OldBedrocker

Groundhog Day don’t kill a team off when we’re all over them then concede injury time goals. I get they’re a league above but how many times have we done it this season? So frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread