Match Thread Birmingham match thread (3 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

I usually work in an office where Cov fans are the majority. Today I was in the office where Villa and Blues are the majority, including my manager. It was a tough morning for me haha!

Let the Villa fans laugh, we’ll be playing them next season.

Adge

Think that's an odd way to do it - one team could get all the advantages of choosing ends and whether to kick first. Team that wins the toss should get either choice of ends or whether they want to go first. Then the other team gets the choice of the other. I'd probably even forego the coin toss and say away team gets first choice.

But last night with the Brum fans piling over behind the goal, surely that would be something for the safety officer to say "this is clearly causing an H&S issue. The penalties will be down the other end".
Would be exactly the same down the Cov end-no difference.
Only time the safety officer would be advising is if there were pyrotechnics etc being thrown and that was not the case.
It was still an advantage though, just as it would have been down our end if we had won the toss.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would be exactly the same down the Cov end-no difference.
Only time the safety officer would be advising is if there were pyrotechnics etc being thrown and that was not the case.
It was still an advantage though, just as it would have been down our end if we had won the toss.

Difference is we were already behind the goal. They weren't and it caused a mad rush to get behind in an area that the fans weren't supposed to be in and thus hadn't been allocated sufficient stewards etc.

Magwitch

Difficult to police to be fair, what they might have been able to had they thought is put a line of stewards or better still black netting before the goal area line top to bottom preventing fan encroachment.
The policing of yesterdays at the end of the match must have been a right headache I suspect a lot of cops had got into position expecting a 1-0 Cov win, then the same again expecting a 2-1 Cov win each time disrupted.

no_loyalty

Plus we’ll all be laughing at the cunts when Man City take em apart in the league cup final

Lets hope that Man City don't fuck it up, like they did against Wigan in the FA Cup Final a fair few years back.

djr8369

My worry is how it will impact the league after such a long game that was mentally draining.

That’s my worry but I’m hoping instead they take confidence from the performance. Losing on pens on extra time is the worst possible outcome for the reasons you mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread