Match Thread Birmingham City (3 Viewers)

Adge

I find it hard to accept that people would be ok with relegation. We came up as champions. Failing to finish above the other 2 promoted teams plus 1 other would be a failure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I and I’m sure most, wouldn’t be happy with it but I am not too nieve to see the massive gulf in class between L1 and the Championship. It’s easy to forget that we still have people that were part of the L2 success and that I’m afraid is the reality when it comes to budgets etc and trying to complete.
The Derby manager has recently and quite rightly got the sack but to try and compete and compare us to them is like trying to enter in F1 with a Vauxhall Corsa.

Grendel

No because Robins knows what he is doing and he knows his best system and players he is exoerimenting as we have injuries and players returning who do not fit in the system as it is so he is looking for a way to fit them in

How many players are actually injured other than Godden who would have started yesterday?

TomRad85

I and I’m sure most, wouldn’t be happy with it but I am not too nieve to see the massive gulf in class between L1 and the Championship. It’s easy to forget that we still have people that were part of the L2 success and that I’m afraid is the reality when it comes to budgets etc and trying to complete.
The Derby manager has recently and quite rightly got the sack but to try and compete and compare us to them is like trying to enter in F1 with a Vauxhall Corsa.
Rotherham look more competitive than us...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Struggled to understand his set up last night tbh against a team we should be looking to beat we seemed too defensive but teams we on paper look to struggle against we go on the attack 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t see 4141 staying anyway,Hamer was out of position one of our best players used away from his most effective position was odd & 1 up front was mission impossible for walker with O’Hare & Shipley behind him who were awful !!!

532 with walker and Godden is the way to go we’ve played it over a year and all recruitment has been spent getting it set up 🤷🏻‍♂️

People are positive about a draw we was lucky not to be beaten last night very lucky we won’t get away with that against better teams

Grendel

Rose , Dacosta , Jones

Dacosta does not have any record in this league

Rose has been poor and I doubt would have played

No one has any idea what Jones would go at this level

Johnnythespider

The team set up last night surprised me, and i said 0-0 as soon as i saw it, Robins knows we need to stop conceding 2+ goals per game so from that perspective it was mission accomplished, the only thing in hindsight i would have changed is the Sheaf sub when i would have taken Kelly off instead, but i assume Robins wanted Kelly's defensive side out there.
I made a comment about the taxi for Robins thread if we lost, seems i should have said draw.

cc84cov

this forum for the last 6 weeks - 'we've got to tighten up, we can't keep shipping goals'.
This forum after last nights clean sheet - 'we've got to attack, more, we've got to take more risks'

Fucking priceless.
We can tighten up without losing all attacking threat tho last night was an awful set up,Shipley & O’Hare shouldnt be near the 11 for cardif

clint van damme

We can tighten up without losing all attacking threat tho last night was an awful set up,Shipley & O’Hare shouldnt be near the 11 for cardif

You've been banging on about dropping O'Hare since last year!
I agree about Shipley, he was very poor last night.

Frostie

we did, we conceded far less clear cut chances than of late.

Disagree - with the exception of the obvious games like Blackburn, Birmingham's XG was almost identical to our other opponents. Jutkiewicz could easily have had a hat-trick.

Meanwhile we had our lowest XG of the season bar Blackburn & even though we had 10 men for 75+ mins that game it was marginal (0.56 v 0.43)

clint van damme

Disagree - with the exception of the obvious games like Blackburn, Birmingham's XG was almost identical to our other opponents. Jutkiewicz could easily have had a hat-trick.

Meanwhile we had our lowest XG of the season bar Blackburn & even though we had 10 men for 75+ mins that game it was marginal (0.56 v 0.43)

the last time the opposition had that few shots was against Barnsley in the other 0-0 draw.

Not realistic to expect the opposition not to have a decent chance or two in this league.

Frostie

the last time the opposition had that few shots was against Barnsley in the other 0-0 draw.

Not realistic to expect the opposition not to have a decent chance or two in this league.

Of course but it's far too simplistic to look at total number of shots, it's the quality of the chance that's important & we still offered up some biggies last night.

It's the whole reason XG was introduced & adopted by all clubs otherwise you're rating Jutkiewicz's misses the same as Sheaf's speculative 25 yarder etc.

Screenshot_20201121-143859~2.png

cc84cov

he didn't play well. That doesn't alter the fact that you were banging on about dropping him last year so you've clearly got an agenda.
You have no idea what I do and dknt have but he’s not been great this season hence why he’s been left out recent and last
Night again proved that he was as bad as Shipley but seems to get away with it 🤣

clint van damme

You have no idea what I do and dknt have but he’s not been great this season hence why he’s been left out recent and last
Night again proved that he was as bad as Shipley but seems to get away with it 🤣

yes I do, you post your opinions on here, it's a big pointer to a person mindset!
And we currently have 5 goals from our midfield of which O'Hare has 2, wouldn't be looking to bench him yet.

cc84cov

yes I do, you post your opinions on here, it's a big pointer to a person mindset!
And we currently have 5 goals from our midfield of which O'Hare has 2, wouldn't be looking to bench him yet.
If we are gonna play walker and Godden and we need a CAM maybe he shades Shipley to start

clint van damme

Of course but it's far too simplistic to look at total number of shots, it's the quality of the chance that's important & we still offered up some biggies last night.

It's the whole reason XG was introduced & adopted by all clubs otherwise you're rating Jutkiewicz's misses the same as Sheaf's speculative 25 yarder etc.

View attachment 17573

no I'm not but we were clearly under less pressure and gave away less clear cut chances last night.
Totally unrealistic To expect a newly promoted side, (perhaps any side in this league), to totally nullify the opposition.

clint van damme

If we are gonna play walker and Godden and we need a CAM maybe he shades Shipley to start

I'd say that so far he's far more than shaded it. I would go with those two up top as well when both available and will be surprised if we don't when they're both fit.

Grendel

Your stodge the centre Christmas Pudding formation preference will lead to a passive relegation indeed

I have t even said play 4-5-2 but given we managed a point more than our last two games it’s an opinion I suppose....

Brighton Sky Blue

no I'm not but we were clearly under less pressure and gave away less clear cut chances last night.
Totally unrealistic To expect a newly promoted side, (perhaps any side in this league), to totally nullify the opposition.

We were playing Birmingham at 'home' rather than Watford away. Forest did bugger all and in actuality Reading created very little either bar the chances we gave them. In the first half Sheaf played one of theirs into the box and Juke was allowed a free header from point blank, thankfully they came to nothing.

All the change in setup did was remove our attacking threat while the errors remained. Nobody has said 'change the formation' in response to goals going in, they have all said 'stop making stupid mistakes in the last 10 minutes'

cc84cov

We were playing Birmingham at 'home' rather than Watford away. Forest did bugger all and in actuality Reading created very little either bar the chances we gave them. In the first half Sheaf played one of theirs into the box and Juke was allowed a free header from point blank, thankfully they came to nothing.

All the change in setup did was remove our attacking threat while the errors remained. Nobody has said 'change the formation' in response to goals going in, they have all said 'stop making stupid mistakes in the last 10 minutes'
Wonder what Robins actually made of it I’ll be worried if he felt that was a good performance

Users who are viewing this thread