Match Thread Birmingham City (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

The rest of the table isn't set either ffs. How can you go from brainless baseless optimism in the corona thread to this in the football one? I would have preferred to win tonight but we didn't lose and didn't concede. We've had a lot of injury problems, adapted to the pace of the higher level and now can start to settle down. Blues aren't a great side but we didn't look like we didn't belong at the same level as them.

Charity bet we go down and you're wrong?

SlowerThanPlatt

We were never in the market for a Championship striker even as a starter, let alone as a 3rd/4th choice. Not when starting bids for wages begin at 15k. So, that point is a non-starter.

But both Biamou and Baka are far less than what's required with regards to ability. Personally, I think in hindsight promotion to the Championship would have been the optimal time to part ways. Whether their hypothetical replacement would have faired any better is entirely speculative - especially as they would have had to be plucked from a lower division - but perhaps Robins could have at least brought a player in to develop. A ship that as certainly sailed for Biamou and I feel has also perhaps sailed for Baka.

On the other hand, their replacements would likely have been someone obscure from abroad for a little fee. Da Costa has played 5 minutes I think and Hilssner hasn’t been included in a squad

87 n all that

Where is the money coming from for the better quality? We no longer have any sell on fees which have funded the club for the past couple of seasons
Some of them are just squad players. Look to loan from other Champ teams who have players who might be out of favour or young players from Prem U23s.

I’d only look to loan players like Kelly, Allen and shippers because if we do drop then there proven in an L1 promotion race.

Joy will have to splash some cash also (some hope I know)

SlowerThanPlatt

Some of them are just squad players. Look to loan from other Champ teams who have players who might be out of favour or young players from Prem U23s.

I’d only look to loan players like Kelly, Allen and shippers because if we do drop then there proven in an L1 promotion race.

Joy will have to splash some cash also (some hope I know)

I imagine we have tried that already and have been told to stump up the cash or leave

Brighton Sky Blue

We have to be 2 up front next game 532 we’re scoring well defence sorts it out we willl pic up points that system today was awful first half

We aren't going to make a dent in most teams with a stranded forward in front of a stodged midfield with little width

87 n all that

On the other hand, their replacements would likely have been someone obscure from abroad for a little fee. Da Costa has played 5 minutes I think and Hilssner hasn’t been included in a squad
Hilssner didn’t even get one of the 9 places on the bench today. Could never understand that signing. I always looked at it as being a backup to O’Hare. Don’t think Robins knew much about him or can find a way to fit him into our style of play.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hilssner didn’t even get one of the 9 places on the bench today. Could never understand that signing. I always looked at it as being a backup to O’Hare. Don’t think Robins knew much about him or can find a way to fit him into our style of play.

Or more likely he contracted a not insignificant medical issue shortly after signing

lifeskyblue

Didn’t see the point of max as he didn’t change the game all tbh, could have put hamer up front or coh ?

Agree. I think Baka the better option tonight... bring more pace to the forward line and the brum back line not the quickest.
Although to be fair to Robins neither is really the answer in the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark_ccfc

Should not have started with Dabo tonight. Don't understand why he is not easing him back to first team football. Should have brought him on in the second half.

Liquid Gold

The player who was playing there to cover him Pask is now suddenly not part of the plans
But Sam has been plying there reasonably well and Giles has played every minute so far. I understand not wanted to have someone wrong footed on the edge of a back 4 but I don’t think the formation was the issue.

87 n all that

Or more likely he contracted a not insignificant medical issue shortly after signing
He’s played pretty much every u23 game so far and lasted 90 in the last few from what I know. Ok, can’t compare the levels but Jobello is in the squad after the same kind of game time in the 23s and he’s just come back from an ACL.

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s played pretty much every u23 game so far and lasted 90 in the last few from what I know. Ok, can’t compare the levels but Jobello is in the squad after the same kind of game time in the 23s and he’s just come back from an ACL.

I feel like he's subconsciously written off Jobello, Kasta and probably Hilssner. DaCosta looked like a lunatic when he came on at Forest but he needs more time

Mucca Mad Boys

He's rubbish in the air and has no strikers instinct

Summed up by the ‘opportunity’ where he didn’t think to get in front of the defender for Walker’s pass...

He doesn’t really add anything to the team and it’s probably not unfair to say he’s way in over his head in the Championship.

We’re in a dog fight and only Walker and Godden look the only forwards we have who can score goals.

johnwillomagic

Not for the first game in recent times Baka should have come onto the pitch but didn't.

I do think we need to be brave and play 2 up top no matter what formation we play in behind.....
personally i'd play 3 - 1 - 4 -2. Kelly in holding role Sheaf & Hamer further forward centrally probably at present Giles and McCallum wing backs.
Godden & Walker up top .....Dabo & O'Hare on bench as impact subs along with Max & Baka

Brighton Sky Blue

Summed up by the ‘opportunity’ where he didn’t think to get in front of the defender for Walker’s pass...

He doesn’t really add anything to the team and it’s probably not unfair to say he’s way in over his head in the Championship.

We’re in a dog fight and only Walker and Godden look the only forwards we have who can score goals.

Walker also teed him up against Watford and he flapped those too. Baka must have left a dump in the urinals to still not get a look in

87 n all that

I feel like he's subconsciously written off Jobello, Kasta and probably Hilssner. DaCosta looked like a lunatic when he came on at Forest but he needs more time
Kasta deservedly has been written off. Harsh on Jobello because he was shaping up nicely until his injury. Dacosta will need time to get up to fitness. Hope Hilsner turns out to be good because I think he’s got a 3 year contract.

Magwitch

I don’t think he is fully fit to be fair.

skybluesam66

For all the chat about how bad we are at the back it goes unreported that we’re also shocking going forward. We’re right at the bottom of the league for all the attacking data that the bookies use.
we were forecast to finish around 8th last season with all the data the bookies use

Mucca Mad Boys

Walker also teed him up against Watford and he flapped those too. Baka must have left a dump in the urinals to still not get a look in

I'm happy we got Walker in because now we have two good options to choose from. However, we probably need to explore bringing in a loanee in Jan - Baka looks to be bombed out and we cannot rely on Biamou taking his chances. Frankly, I don't think either are good enough at this moment. I had hope for Baka as he looked like he had that determination to kick on, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Grendel

robins has had 2 promotions in 3 years .

the thing that needs to change is the budget ?.

yer, ain’t happening

He’s heading for a relegation as well

Users who are viewing this thread