Match Thread Birmingham City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Apr (10 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

It's ok - Nick on CWR says he's confident we'll win next week, and all 4 remaining league games. Feel better now that Nick has reassured me :unsure: :rolleyes:

Hobo

Terrible, terrible performance, what we giving everyone a 2?

napolimp

At least the players made it abundantly clear that they don't care about trying to make the play offs. Now the fans sitting on the fence can choose not to attend remaining fixtures too.

Cov fans were shit today too.

hinckley cov

Exactly the players and staff are all human they will definitely all have an eye on next week. And so they should might be the highlight of their careers.They all probably know deep down play off's and and winning them are a bridge too far. I'll never buy into the shite that's been drivelled on here after a defeat, we've overachieved this season.
They’re supposed to be professionals, and yet they failed to show that today

CCFCSteve

McAnthony expained that that was never the deal

They wouldn't sell then but if we agreed to loan back they would and would knock some off the fee

Unless Mason Clark was going to give the whole team the proper level of intensity needed to play in this league he wouldn’t have made a the necessary difference. We’ve looked all over the shop defensively front to back at the start of several games (Preston, West Brom, Southampton, today etc etc) like players don’t know who they’re marking and aren’t willing to bust a gut to close players down

We’re just a bit short this year Mason Clark or not

Alkhen

Gahhh FFS, this place is bizarre. People are writing off players and our hopes next season off the back of that anomaly of a result?!

The Brum fan above nailed it. We were off it and they were on it. Fine margins

We have shown we can go toe to toe with big teams. We have been one of the inform teams for 2/3s of a season. It was a crap start and bedding in nearly a whole new squad that has coat us.

Add a few key players and we can compete in what will be a far more eventful league next season

Brighton Sky Blue

Gahhh FFS, this place is bizarre. What are we writing off players and our hopes next season off the back of that anomaly of a result.

We have shown we can go toe to toe with big teams. We have been one of the inform teams for 2/3s of a season. It was a crap start and bedding in nearly a whole new squad that has coat us.

Add a few key players and we can compete in what will be a far more eventful league next season
They are a side in terrible form who could not hit a barn door last time out. Today wasn’t just not being on it, it bordered on looking like certain players didn’t even care.

Sky Blue Harry H

We could play well against Man Utd, and they could still tear us a new one. We'll enjoy the day, but hope the players don't go 'missing' for the rest of the season. I do agree with the other poster that at least we'll know which division we're planning for. It should also help show MR/AV which players perform/don't perform when the chips are down. Still think we'll be better next season.

Sandgroper Skybluel

With respect, you can't have watched that game
I did as I've watched most games this season wasn't pretty but have some perspective. We were not even in play off contention a couple of months ago. Was always a transitional year, Robins and Adi have worked wonders as they always do. We are playing in a FA cup semi next week!

hinckley cov

Gahhh FFS, this place is bizarre. People are writing off players and our hopes next season off the back of that anomaly of a result?!

Top players are pretty consistent, can you say that about any of our players, and all those people who think palmers better than o’hare, have a word with yourself.

Alkhen

They are a side in terrible form who could not hit a barn door last time out. Today wasn’t just not being on it, it bordered on looking like certain players didn’t even care.
*They were a side fighting for their lives against a team who didn't want to get injured or booked.

They got an own goal and a large helping of luck that Hajis effort bounced onto the bar then we crumbled. It's not rocket science to see what happened regardless of how shite it was

CBS16

I'm not writing players off from 1 game, what I am questioning is how on earth can we consider a promotion push next year with players with such poor mentality? It's the most important aspect to achieve anything in this league, and this game along with others does make me question a lot of players bollocks when the pressure would really be on

CBS16

I did as I've watched most games this season wasn't pretty but have some perspective. We were not even in play off contention a couple of months ago. Was always a transitional year, Robins and Adi have worked wonders as they always do. We are playing in a FA cup semi next week!
Nobody has said it's a bad season, we've done alright. what we are saying is that that's beyond pathetic if we actually do have an eye on next week whilst playing in a play off push game against a local rival.

robbiethemole

I'm not writing players off from 1 game, what I am questioning is how on earth can we consider a promotion push next year with players with such poor mentality? It's the most important aspect to achieve anything in this league, and this game along with others does make me question a lot of players bollocks when the pressure would really be on
we want some players with bollocks next year, some that get stuck in and are nasty fuckers, make teams hate to play us fuck it

Alkhen

Top players are pretty consistent, can you say that about any of our players, and all those people who think palmers better than o’hare, have a word with yourself.

They obviously aren't 'Top' players they are decent Championship players playing in a league with 3 teams on prem budgets (legally or not) a team that was pretty much rebuilt in the summer and we're shite for 10 odd games. Since then we have been good. We'll be fine next season

Sandgroper Skybluel

They’re supposed to be professionals, and yet they failed to show that today
True but they're also human aswell losing to that shitshow won't be my lasting memories of this season. Doing Leicester, Leeds and Wolves will be and whatever happens next Sunday. We will be more consistent next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

*They were a side fighting for their lives against a team who didn't want to get injured or booked.

They got an own goal and a large helping of luck that Hajis effort bounced onto the bar then we crumbled. It's not rocket science to see what happened regardless of how shite it was
Weren’t fighting hard on Wednesday against a team with nothing to play for were they? Why do people try and excuse the inexcusable?

Users who are viewing this thread