Match Thread Birmingham City (A) - Fri 15th April (2 Viewers)

Offhegoes

Couldn't ask for a harder final 5 games, so in the event we win all 5, we deserve to be in the Play-Offs! Brum will be the opposite of the Fulham game, so a good test. Pretty sure it will be an unchanged line-up too,

Legia Sky Blue

We always seem to draw against them, and I think that is the likeliest result this time round. The uglier the game the more it will suit them. A big deciding point could be their pitch. This time last year it was rock hard & bobbly and we had to adapt by playing the ball forward earlier, rather than keeping possession from the back which was fraught with danger from the inconsistent bounce. We actually adapted pretty well then, but we would still be more suited than them to playing on a decent pitch.

Mcbean

these guys dont play football so will be one goal one way or another - with plenty of shithousery

CDK

This is a horrible team to forecast a result but I'm going for a city win.
On the plus side thought of our robins pure football philosophy
You have Boyer's cloggers as the alternative I couldn't watch cloggers football every week and to think people have to pay to watch it.

SkyBlueSoul

What’re people thinking about pubs? I normally get off at New Street and start in the Briar Rose then walk down through Digbeth. Been a while since I’ve done it as an away fan though!

clint van damme

What’re people thinking about pubs? I normally get off at New Street and start in the Briar Rose then walk down through Digbeth. Been a while since I’ve done it as an away fan though!

Probably better to stay in the city centre then head straight to the ground. Lot of Digbeth pubs will be blues only.

baldy

Probably better to stay in the city centre then head straight to the ground. Lot of Digbeth pubs will be blues only.

Not necessarily - it’s a bank holiday weekend & peeps’ll be out on the lash anyway…not just the ones going to the footy
Alfie Birds,or any bar near there in the Custard Factory,will be decent

mark_ccfc

I have a feeling playing them away may be more favourable for us as they will have to play a more open game on their own turf, and we play quite well on the break, especially when Hamer and Sheaf are playing well.

Stan_Drews

Horrible side for us to play against. Polar opposite to Fulham who will allow you play. Birmingham are anti football. Preston, Cardiff, Millwall are all hanging around the Championship dishing out this shite. Thank you Mark Robin's for refusing to join them.

Seconded

Made me :)

Been a long season with some of the worst shite we’ve seen in years and we know shite when we see it.

No goal in open play for 6 games

Cov win 2-0

pusbccfc

Loads of tickets left in home ends. Not sure if you can just sign up and get them.

duffer

Apologies if it's been posted already, but looks like there will be some issues with the trains. Network rail are saying that "Rail replacement buses will operate between Birmingham International and Coventry".

Might be worth checking before you travel, or at least planning on it taking longer than usual.

SkyBlueMatt

Theres no reason we can't win tomorrow. It'll be a scrappy, horrible game because that's how they play. If we can snatch a goal early then I think we'll win the game.

1-2

Gyokeres 21'
Allen 90+5

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lordy_87

Anyone able to give some guidance on trains? They running out not? Trainline suggests things are running as normal.

LJN

Anyone able to give some guidance on trains? They running out not? Trainline suggests things are running as normal.
From what I’ve read, rail replacement bus service is going to be in operation between Rugby and Birmingham International.

lord_garrincha

From what I’ve read, rail replacement bus service is going to be in operation between Rugby and Birmingham International.
I've read the tweet... If there are no trains between Coventry & New St... Why don't they say 'There are no trains from Coventry to New St tomorrow'!

Paxman II

Win. Anything different, season definately over. Teams are nervous and wobbling. And yes we are full of confidence at the right time and could just as easily win the next 5 games and put the cat among the pigeons.
Well, we can but hang on to that thought and hopefully take it into Monday!

LJN

I've read the tweet... If there are no trains between Coventry & New St... Why don't they say 'There are no trains from Coventry to New St tomorrow'!
Correct! It is a bit confusing, I’ve also seen elsewhere the rail replacement service starts on Saturday
Have you got a link mate?

I have just been sent the below, which shows the rail replacement service may actually start on Saturday and not tomorrow. A bit confusing as the club have tweeted differing information.

Attachments

• C27DCD8E-F1B9-4968-B7AF-C1E93A9C7BC1.jpeg
    C27DCD8E-F1B9-4968-B7AF-C1E93A9C7BC1.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 31

CJ_covblaze

robbiethemole

Hola from Cuba !! The internet so sporadic here it's crazy. I saw the Fulham result and went wild and all the Candians and Germans thought I was having a fit. I'm hoping we can maintain this momentum over the weekend and were in the top 6 by the time I get home on Tuesday Got some great photos of the two tone kit in Havana in the classic cars will post them when I get back. CCFC on tour in Cuba hahaha. PUSB

CJ_covblaze

This is wrong.

Trains running fine to Birmingham from Coventry tomorrow.

That’s what appears to be happening according to the normal go to websites. It’s odd the club have tweeted that in that case.

CJ_covblaze

Hola from Cuba !! The internet so sporadic here it's crazy. I saw the Fulham result and went wild and all the Candians and Germans thought I was having a fit. I'm hoping we can maintain this momentum over the weekend and were in the top 6 by the time I get home on Tuesday Got some great photos of the two tone kit in Havana in the classic cars will post them when I get back. CCFC on tour in Cuba hahaha. PUSB
Where are you staying? Gone to Havana yet?

duffer

That’s what appears to be happening according to the normal go to websites. It’s odd the club have tweeted that in that case.

Yes, it's bloody confusing. On the online journey planner it's showing two trains an hour between Cov and New Street, and no mention of replacement buses.

Yet the National Rail site seems to imply that there will be buses between Cov and BHX.

Hopefully it's a bit clearer by tomorrow morning - I'm not surprised the club are confused too!

Apologies also if I've added to the mess. I'd probably still be tempted to head off a bit earlier than normal, if possible.

Sbarcher

Winner in the 105th minute after the ref adds on 15 mins for the time taken for their throw ins.

Users who are viewing this thread