Birmingham attendance (3 Viewers)

blunted

Better idea to have fans side on and stop these stupid gestures when facing each other winding each other up. Just watching the Spurs v Leeds game and there’s about 10 foot between rival supporters, Leeds aren’t exactly the best behaved fans are they.
Was on my own in the home end at Elland Road in the cup game when we won. Made up as they were a right bunch of racist twats. Loads of National Front supporters openly selling their newsletter outside the ground. They booed Dave Bennet, I think it was, every time he touched the ball.

chiefdave

Actually just thought, what's stopping Birmingham fans paying on the gate in our end?
Nothing. Unless they turn up clearly displaying colours who is going to stop them.

Its a huge flaw in the plan when they restrict away tickets at a ground that will have thousands of empty seats in the home end.

Speedies_Chips

Was on my own in the home end at Elland Road in the cup game when we won. Made up as they were a right bunch of racist twats. Loads of National Front supporters openly selling their newsletter outside the ground. They booed Dave Bennet, I think it was, every time he touched the ball.
Pretty sure we've never won an FA Cup game at Elland Road.

Gynnsthetonic

Basically the only tickets available now are behind the goal. We’ve sold 20k already, I’m pretty confident over the next 36 hours loads in the north stand will sell, possibly another thousand on the gate. 25k should be there And for a midweek fixture, live on sky being a category A game, it’s pretty impressive.
Yes think we'll pass the 25000 mark comfortably!

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Nothing. Unless they turn up clearly displaying colours who is going to stop them.

Its a huge flaw in the plan when they restrict away tickets at a ground that will have thousands of empty seats in the home end.

That’s why certain games are made all ticket. There is a fake rumour doing the rounds on FB that Birmingham fans are going to jib into the away end.

stay_up_skyblues

That’s why certain games are made all ticket. There is a fake rumour doing the rounds on FB that Birmingham fans are going to jib into the away end.

Any other team in the country and I’d say no chance. But they did all move into that closed/empty stand at St Andrews for the penalty shootout in the replay!

rob9872

It’s a local derby going for us to win by the odd goal 1-0 2-1.
Is Gardner going to be a big loss for Bloose?
Tbh I don't think he's a huge miss for them, but what was good was that he went off before HT so hopefully having played a couple of hours later than us and with 10 men for 45 mins, the rest of them will be a bit knackered on Tuesday.

SkyBlueMatt

According to my foolproof (foolish?) seat counting method. We're 1800 down (home sales) currently than we were against (Derby?). Though there were large areas that had been taken off sale for that game so it will be closer than that figure.

Either way it's going to be a good turnout. I'm still undecided, I should go and I'll regret it but I've overspent drastically the last couple of months. I've got my West Brom & Stoke tickets and I'm going to another Championship game Saturday.

I'll go for 23000

pusbccfc

According to my foolproof (foolish?) seat counting method. We're 1800 down (home sales) currently than we were against (Bristol?).

Either way it's going to be a good turnout. I'm still undecided, I should go and I'll regret it but I've overspent drastically the last couple of months. I've got my West Brom & Stoke tickets and I'm going to another Championship game Saturday.

I'll go for 23000

Not sure how you've worked that out. For the Bristol game, not one block had sold out on the morning of the game. Blocks 14, 15, 16 and 17 are completely sold out. There are a total of around 20 tickets left, all singles, in blocks 18-22.

The real disappointment again is that behind the goal is so empty. The rest of the ground will be all but full. Won't look good in front of the cameras.

Pay on the gate tomorrow will be the key selling phase. People going after work and the ease of doing it that way instead of buying online.

23-24k is my prediction.

SkyBlueMatt

Not sure how people can say dissapointed? Crowd of around 24k expected around 20k sky blue army.
These are the sort of crowds games we've longed for midweek on sky brilliant a far cry from the 6-10k rattling around the empty bowl........

There will be 6k-10k Cov fans in blocks 14-15 if the Bristol city game is anything to go by. That was carnage.

SkyBlueMatt

Not sure how you've worked that out. For the Bristol game, not one block had sold out on the morning of the game. Blocks 14, 15, 16 and 17 are completely sold out. There are a total of around 20 tickets left, all singles, in blocks 18-22.

The real disappointment again is that behind the goal is so empty. The rest of the ground will be all but full. Won't look good in front of the cameras.

Pay on the gate tomorrow will be the key selling phase. People going after work and the ease of doing it that way instead of buying online.

23-24k is my prediction.

My "logic" (used with a pinch of salt :ROFLMAO: ) is in the Derby thread. It's not worth explaining as I don't think anyone wants to read that again.

skybluelee

24k expected.
And the club have generally under predicted attendances this season from what I recall.

I remember being sat with 6k on a Tuesday night v FGRin 2017. Seems a lifetime ago.

rob9872

And the club have generally under predicted attendances this season from what I recall.

I remember being sat with 6k on a Tuesday night v FGRin 2017. Seems a lifetime ago.
Not only were we were watching with only 6k v FGR but our entire budget for the season was approx £2.5m and therefore arguably more important, is even if we deduct 11,000 season ticket holders, that's another 13k and can assume 10k are fully paying adults then with Sky money too, it must be worth approx £0.5m for tomorrow alone.

Londonccfcfan

So in effect our maximum capacity this season is around 30500.

As there is minimum of 2000 seats of segregation that wont be sold to away end.

Users who are viewing this thread