Binks v Kitching (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Kitching Binks is a great signing. Household name in no time

StrettoBoy

They are both good and I would love to sign Binks but I think our resources are better employed in signing players for other positions.

It made sense to get Binks in on loan because we were playing three at the back at the time

Sky Blue Harry H

They are both good and I would love to sign Binks but I think our resources are better employed in signing players for other positions.

It made sense to get Binks in on loan because we were playing three at the back at the time
But come the end of the season, assuming Fadz leaves, we would have literally no proper centre backs as back up to Thomas and Kitching, bar Latibeaudiere. The only cover would be moving players out of position (Sheaf/Bidwell?). If Binks is up to it - which appears the case, sign him up, (if he can be persuaded).

Cov kid 55

But come the end of the season, assuming Fadz leaves, we would have literally no proper centre backs as back up to Thomas and Kitching, bar Latibeaudiere. The only cover would be moving players out of position (Sheaf/Bidwell?). If Binks is up to it - which appears the case, sign him up, (if he can be persuaded).
Agree with this, I think Binks is a good player, with, at age 22, plenty of potential. We should sign him at the end of the season. Would he be that expensive? Always assuming he won’t want to go somewhere where he is ‘guaranteed’ a starting place.

JulianDarbyFTW

The thing I like about Kitching is that when he wins a tackle, the ball stays at his feet more often than not. He just wins it so cleanly. It's like some kind of magic act. Bink looks classy, but I get a bit of an Elliot Ward vibe at times.

JulianDarbyFTW

Agree with this, I think Binks is a good player, with, at age 22, plenty of potential. We should sign him at the end of the season. Would he be that expensive? Always assuming he won’t want to go somewhere where he is ‘guaranteed’ a starting place.

Think that's the key thing, really - given that he left Spurs (iirc) for first team football, I suspect that playing second or third fiddle isn't really his bag.

StrettoBoy

I get that but, as others have said, I think he is too good to want to play second fiddle and dependent on injuries or suspensions to get starts.

I think Latibeaudiere is our best bet for backup. He is versatile, so likely to get enough games to keep him happy. His versatility is a major asset for us and he rarely if ever lets us down. I think he is one of our most consistent players since Brian Borrows.

It would be a bit of a luxury to sign Binks. I prefer to put that money towards getting a good replacement for Hamer.

Users who are viewing this thread