Binks v Kitching (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting stats here… Binks stats very impressive compared to Kitching.

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s a bit of a tricky one with these two. We spent so much on Kitching that he kind of has to play, but equally there isn’t much point in Binks being here for a year if he’s not going to be first choice. I probably wouldn’t sign Binks in the summer purely because it’ll be a big financial outlay for someone who wouldn’t be guaranteed to start and when’ve already spent what we did on Kitching it would be just as bad financially to knock him down the pecking order.

skybluecam

Don't think it's a particularly fair comparison - the majority of Binks' minutes were as a wide CB in a 3 which will always look better statistically.

Bertola

Could do with some context too.... I'm guessing the charts are percentiles of the squad? But it could be easily read as if Luis Binks has 89 assists!

For me Kitching is a superior player

NortonSkyBlue

It’s a bit of a tricky one with these two. We spent so much on Kitching that he kind of has to play, but equally there isn’t much point in Binks being here for a year if he’s not going to be first choice. I probably wouldn’t sign Binks in the summer purely because it’ll be a big financial outlay for someone who wouldn’t be guaranteed to start and when’ve already spent what we did on Kitching it would be just as bad financially to knock him down the pecking order.
Why does he kind of have to play? Is there a clause in any players contract that suggests he is guaranteed a place in the team? Surely Robins picks a team to win football games?

SeaSeeEffCee

Why does he kind of have to play? Is there a clause in any players contract that suggests he is guaranteed a place in the team? Surely Robins picks a team to win football games?
Well it would be a colossal waste of money for a football club with our resources to spend £4m on a centre back and not play him. The fee dictates that we need to get the most out of the money spent.

Offhegoes

Kitching - It's his aggression. Proper defender. Binks may have more pace, and be technically better, but Kitching is a warrior. Something we have lacked in a long time. If we're sticking with the 4 in defence, I can't see Binks wanting to stay as back-up. He is a good player though. We should look to bring in a young LCB in the summer in that case.

shmmeee

Could do with some context too.... I'm guessing the charts are percentiles of the squad? But it could be easily read as if Luis Binks has 89 assists!

For me Kitching is a superior player

TBF it is labelled “percentile rank vs other centre backs”

stupot07

1) Binks has played all bar 3 games in a 3 at the back, where as the majority of Kitchen games are in a central 2 in a back 4.

2) you have to factor in opposition and home Vs away.

3) there are other attributes "soft" Stats that can't be factored in - leadership, aggression, etc.

4) we havent kept a cleansheet in any of the 11 games Binks has played in. We have kept 5 cleansheets in 14 games with Kitching in the back.

5) Binks is good but he isn't as good as Kitching, especially in a 2 we have looked more vulnerable down that left side with both JDS and Bidwell in the 2 league games Binks has played in a back 4.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

The better we become, the better quality the squad players we are going to need. Almost don't want to type the next bit, but an injury or two suddenly makes you dependent on the next layer of quality, so it has to be sufficiently high not to derail the team's performance. A tricky act, but one we need to master (although ideally, no major injuries, please)

slowpoke

I’ve asked this before could Binks play full back in a back four a lot said no fair enough but I’m no so sure he couldn’t, don’t get me wrong I’m more than satisfied with Bidwell and wouldn’t change him but Binks at only 22 might be worth a try one day, I think he’s a potential class act.

stupot07

I’ve asked this before could Binks play full back in a back four a lot said no fair enough but I’m no so sure he couldn’t, don’t get me wrong I’m more than satisfied with Bidwell and wouldn’t change him but Binks at only 22 might be worth a try one day, I think he’s a potential class act.
I just don't see him have the fitness or mobility to go up and down at fullback for 90 minutes. I think you're underestimating the amount of running Bidwell and MVE do. He looks nowhere near athletic enough. Both wingers are "inverted" so a lot of the width (left in particular) is provided by the fullbacks going on the overlap on the outside.

slowpoke

See what you are saying but there’s different ways to play full back and it also depends who is in front of you, Tatsu plays the opposite side and I certainly would change him, but someone like him left side I think would benefit Binks.
Can’t experiment yet but if we had to use him there injury or suspension it wouldn’t bother me at all.

ccfc1234

Both are decent at this level and both play far more silly long balls than Thomas but of the two Kitching is our player and has played with Thomas for two seasons now so should start. Binks is a decent back up option.

SlowerThanPlatt

How much is he likely to cost? They were happy to loan him out (no suggestion of recall either for lack of game time) and at 22 is close to losing his prospect tag.

Last edited:

stupot07

How much is he likely to cost? They were happy to loan him out (no suggestion of recall either for lack of game time) and at 22 is close to losing his prospect tag.
He's got another 2.5 years in his contract though, they'd probably want £1.5-2m for him.

Pusb1

we need back-up in every position

Fadz won’t be here next season, and i don’t see Lati as a CB.

Binks will be a known and reliable body who probably won’t cost a great deal. For that reason i’d be pushing really hard to sign him on a perm

cstring82

Personally Kitching over Binks, like other have said a bit of aggression and c-unit about him.
Similar reason I like Lati and Bidwell, they won’t get bullied and can hold there own physically.

Hertsccfc

Kitching seems by far the better player to me although the stats seem surprising.

I feel indifferent about whether we sign Binks or not. He's seems ok but nothing special.

Sick Boy

we need back-up in every position

Fadz won’t be here next season, and i don’t see Lati as a CB.

Binks will be a known and reliable body who probably won’t cost a great deal. For that reason i’d be pushing really hard to sign him on a perm
We’d probably have to pay a couple of million for him, I’d guess.

Users who are viewing this thread