Transfer Rumour Billy Sharp (2 Viewers)

long way home

This would not make any sense what so ever and having got rid of more than a few anchors bringing another in is not something id want or see happening.

Greggs

Flying over to Portugal tomorrow apparently.

LastGarrison

Well I’m getting a song in early (sorry Travs) just in case.

Biiiilly Sharp doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
Billy Sharp doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
Billy Sharp doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
Billy Sharp 🦈

Brylowes

Don’t think it will happen. Can see him going to Rotherham where he will play every week. Also don’t think Robins will want to let go of Godden, unless he’s asking for a move.
At 37 🤔 I doubt he wants to play every week.

Brylowes

His stats from last season aren't great but he'd add a bit of experience and much needed aggression to the squad.
He played his part in 37 out of 46 games including 14 starts, for a team that won promotion by 11 clear points,
He’s won 7 promotions including 3 to the Premier League, the last being just last season, his undoubted experience could well provide us with the calming influence sometimes needed to see you home.

Hincha

The difference between Sharp and Waghorn, Henderson, Yak etc is expectation. They were all signed to be starters for the team.

We need someone who is happy to be Plan B and come on to try and impact a game as a sub. At his age you can imagine he’s more likely to want to fulfil this role than Godden who wants minutes.

The experience will be invaluable also. Has anyone in our current squad been promoted to the Prem? Moore as 2nd choice (who may be off)?

long way home

Kelly and Fadz played big parts in promotions and getting us into the play offs last season. They are still with us and every player in the squad now will of all gained experience from last season. I don't see what he would bring that we already haven't got. He would be a cost that should go towards our younger current players that would be a much better investment in my opinion.

Sky Blue Harry H

The experience will be invaluable also. Has anyone in our current squad been promoted to the Prem? Moore as 2nd choice (who may be off)?
Yakubu had a lot of experience at a higher level, too - doesn't mean we should have signed him. The only forward at his age who would have been an asset, that I can think of recently, is Zlatan.

Edit: oh, and obviously CR7 !!!

slowpoke

If this is true and comes to fruition surely fans can see the merits in it wether Godden goes or not, a big issue for us last season was striker injury, Godden. Waghorn, Walker & Tavares all missed large chunks of the season can include COH too, the one who kept us going Gyorkeres is off to pastures new so we are going to have at least two newbies possibly three and if Godden does move on again makes us look exposed up front, we have Taveres but no telling how or when he returns and imo still not the real deal. A 12 month contract for someone of Billy Sharp’s experience is a very astute & clever move, he played a big part in Sheffield Uniteds promotion last season and also adds value on the training ground, was captain too I believe
As someone above has said he played a part in 37 of 46 matches in a promotion winning team last year, his experience is priceless imo.
And add to that in Robins I trust.

hill83

I think he’d be ok and would actually back him to get a few goals.

Confused Power Rangers GIF

Jamieb87ccfc

I wonder if Nixon as picked this up as he was training with Moore before Pre Season as they are really good mates. Think he has possibly seen that and thought there is a story. If he is going to Portugal again might just be to get fit, maybe Moore has asked.

shy_tall_knight

Sharp scored 3 goals playing for his hometown club in a promotion winning team that would ordinarily dominate gains and be firing more crosses into the box. If he comes here he won't get as many goal scoring chances as he would have got playing for blades, we need somebody who can provide assists as well. 37 is just too old.

Brylowes

Kelly and Fadz played big parts in promotions and getting us into the play offs last season. They are still with us and every player in the squad now will of all gained experience from last season. I don't see what he would bring that we already haven't got. He would be a cost that should go towards our younger current players that would be a much better investment in my opinion.
Without trying to underplay the importance and experience Kelly and Fadz bring to the team, there’s one big difference between those two and Billy Sharp “promotion” they haven’t achieved it and he has ‘multiple times’.

When it comes to the business end of the season and the pressure is mounting, having someone in the dressing room or coming off the bench,‘ who has seen and done it all before, could prove to be an invaluable weapon when it comes to getting us over the line.

I absolutely believe that the objective for MR this season is promotion, If he sees Billy Sharp as someone who can improve our chances of making that happen, why would anyone doubt him.

Deity

I wonder if Nixon as picked this up as he was training with Moore before Pre Season as they are really good mates. Think he has possibly seen that and thought there is a story. If he is going to Portugal again might just be to get fit, maybe Moore has asked.
I don’t think we take players away that we don’t have an interest in signing

Legia Sky Blue

His last season tells you all you need to know, just as Waghorn's should have done before he joined us. Despite a prolific goal scoring career the goals significantly dried up last season, a sure sign of his decline! Sharp is even older than Waghorn though, and a big factor his advocates are ignoring is that these experienced players don't come cheap. We can't afford to spunk Waghorn type wages on a has been.

Greggs

like someone else said, his heart is in sheffield so might join wednesday, could see that happening, wouldn't have to move house either unless it was to escape the fury of the united fans.
Not sure that's how it works mate.

shmmeee

He broke Aderamola last season didn’t he? But more as an aside to the Plange story IIRC

CovLad94

It's going to happen isn't it 🙃, I can see him ending up here, he'll probably like a promotion on his cv or to be up there rather than join a Rotherham side that'll scrape relegation

Hobo

Is it possible Robins is looking for someone to work closely with Simms? Sharp would be an ideal candidate.
Robins may as well pick himself. Sharp has been a great player and Championship level. But those days are over, probably before last season?

Users who are viewing this thread