Billy Sharp (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Can anyone explain the logic behind that 'removing the top' thing? I've never understood that.

Its generally thought that if the lid is off and the bottle is thrown some of the contents will spill and this means it won’t do as much damage if it hits someone.

However, I’ve also heard that in the event of a stadium evacuation it means bottles without lids can be crushed by the crowd, whereas bottles with lids provide a hazard.

rob9872

I always take lids in with me anyhow. A week when I forgot I said my daughter wanted some for a school project, he took the top off her coke , put it in a pot and gave me about 20 of them!

eastwoodsdustman

Ollie mcburnie is now being investigated by the fa after hes seen stamping on a forest fan last night. I Wonder what ban and imprisonment he will get?

rob9872

Tbf I did see a lowed down version and it looks like he's trying to get out of the way rather than stamping on him and I'm not sure there's a case to answer. The only thing I would say (and without condoning what that idiot did to Sharp), why were they all still out there? As soon as the Forest fans all came on, you'd think the Sheff U players would've ran down the tunnel.

wingy

Tbf I did see a lowed down version and it looks like he's trying to get out of the way rather than stamping on him and I'm not sure there's a case to answer. The only thing I would say (and without condoning what that idiot did to Sharp), why were they all still out there? As soon as the Forest fans all came on, you'd think the Sheff U players would've ran down the tunnel.
Haven't seen that but did wonder if that might be the case.

rob9872

Forest fan has been jailed for 24 weeks.
And rightly so, although I assumed a casual supporter back for the big semi final so the lifetime ban wouldnt be the end of the world. Turns out he's a season ticket holder. Imagine watching them in the lower leagues for all those years and then they get back to the Prem and you're not allowed to go. Nonsensical. Obviously a bellend, but must have been pissed or coked up.

Otis

Screenshot_2022-05-19-22-35-18-77_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

Was she struggling to keep a straight face when she said that.

Who runs for the tunnel anyway? Why on earth would any fan head for the tunnel. 😂

"He collided with the right side of the player's cheek"

😂😂😂

Otis

More trouble at the Port Vale vs Swindon game apparently.

Fans come on the pitch after Port Vale win on penalties and the Sky Sports reporter says there were some punches thrown by Port Vale supporters at Swindon players.

It's got to stop. Someone is going to get very, very badly injured one day

The CableGuy

More trouble at the Port Vale vs Swindon game apparently.

Fans come on the pitch after Port Vale win on penalties and the Sky Sports reporter says there were some punches thrown by Port Vale supporters at Swindon players.

It's got to stop. Someone is going to get very, very badly injured one day

And at Eveton, Veira confronted and teased by Everton fans after the game on the pitch and he reacted and tried to kick one of them. What is happening to football?

Otis

According to some on here there's no problem with it.
I have to disagree with them. You can see it just even watching games on TV. Players are now getting pelted with all manner of objects just for attempting to take a corner.

It's really odd also that, that is two incidents in three days where it's been a fan or fans of the winning team that have been the angry ones and who are lashing out, when you would think they would be jubilant and really, really happy.

Frostie

I have to disagree with them. You can see it just even watching games on TV. Players are now getting pelted with all manner of objects just for attempting to take a corner.

It's really odd also that, that is two incidents in three days where it's been a fan or fans of the winning team that have been the angry ones and who are lashing out .

Absolutely & I'm being a bit facetious with my comment in fairness, of course nobody has said it's fine to attack the players. Many seem to think entering the pitch isn't an issue though & that's a major problem because it is obvious that it would eventually escalate to incidents like these.

rexo87

Just stop pitch invasions! Always ends badly - we wouldn't have had some of the best scenes in our recent history away at Notts County if anyone had decided to run on the pitch afterwards. Absolutely sick of pitch invasions!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Otis

Absolutely & I'm being a bit facetious with my comment in fairness, of course nobody has said it's fine to attack the players. Many seem to think entering the pitch isn't an issue though & that's a major problem because it is obvious that it would eventually escalate to incidents like these.
Yup. As fun as it is, it has to stop. Someone will get badly hurt.

And the Swindon players had nowhere to go tonight. They were in a line on the halfway line, because it was a penalty shootout.

As soon as the last pen was saved, the pitch was swarmed. Nowhere to escape to.

The CableGuy

It's really odd also that, that is two incidents in three days where it's been a fan or fans of the winning team that have been the angry ones and who are lashing out, when you would think they would be jubilant and really, really happy.

Its been bonkers in the French league as well this season:

Brighton Sky Blue

It struck a chord when Robins said ‘you have to earn the right to be on that pitch’. Yes for the really special moments go out there but when it happens all the time it takes some of the magic away.

Sheff U players I imagine stayed around more out of feeling numb rather than anything else.

SBT

Just stop pitch invasions! Always ends badly - we wouldn't have had some of the best scenes in our recent history away at Notts County if anyone had decided to run on the pitch afterwards. Absolutely sick of pitch invasions!

Guaranteed if that game had happened this week instead of four years ago we’d have been on the pitch. It’s a copycat thing as much as anything.

rexo87

Guaranteed if that game had happened this week instead of four years ago we’d have been on the pitch. It’s a copycat thing as much as anything.
Yep you're probably right and it's ridiculous

rexo87

Would a points deduction work for anyone running on the pitch? Only problem is 1 idiot could then cost a club massively

Users who are viewing this thread