Bigger Clubs making a lot of Noise - Meeting 9.30am start (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Man United did their fair share of breaking the British transfer record and helped build the big wage culture.
Well yes, both they and Liverpool have always spent big ‘but for most of the last 50 years they have had
the best support and the most success, the Sky TV financial extravaganza extenuates their dominance
even further because their support stretches to every corner of the globe.

Otis

To combat the suggestion that teams could manoeuvre into play-offs, just have an 8 team knockout tournament. 3rd to 10th - QF, SF and Final. Neutral venues - one tie only.
Ahh, it all sounds so simple doesn't it, if only.

What about Gillingham in 11th place? Just one point behind and with a game in hand.

Might as well have play offs for all 23 teams.

Kingokings204

Ahh, it all sounds so simple doesn't it, if only.

What about Gillingham in 11th place? Just one point behind and with a game in hand.

Might as well have play offs for all 23 teams.

I agree with this and also a team that finished 10th could go up in the championship doesn’t sit well with me. For me you can’t change the rules of the competition it would be like increasing relegation spots or promotion spots to 4. That wasn’t the rule at the start of the season

there isn’t a perfect solution here as we are in such strange times. But a weighted or unweighted Ppg with playoffs for 3-6th and play those 3 games. Season over with the least amount of disruption and cost to everyone.

Specs WT-R75

I agree with this and also a team that finished 10th could go up in the championship doesn’t sit well with me. For me you can’t change the rules of the competition it would be like increasing relegation spots or promotion spots to 4. That wasn’t the rule at the start of the season

there isn’t a perfect solution here as we are in such strange times. But a weighted or unweighted Ppg with playoffs for 3-6th and play those 3 games. Season over with the least amount of disruption and cost to everyone.

To change the rules requires a majority vote of the 71, plus a majority in Championship. Hence Stevenage are far from off the hook.

SkyBlueSid

The EFL should just make the decision themselves rather than pissing about
That's what has to happen if the clubs can't agree. League 2 have already agreed so the EFL can hardly have a different resolution for different divisions. That would leave them wide open for court actions. They need to grow a pair and go with the majority over all divisions.

CanadianCCFC

Some clubs at the bottom end will certainly complain. E.g. Southend and Tranmere. Ultimately the final decision won't suit all parties though so the EFL need to grab their balls.
I don’t see southend or Bolton complaining, even if the games go ahead BCD they’ll certainly go down and they’ll lose money doing it

Users who are viewing this thread