Big sky blue news tomorrow (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

I think everyone’s got to see this as a win, surely?

As fans were home and secure until or unless a new ground is built: win

Wasps get a long term tenant: win

Sisu get to carry on the court cases and plan a stadium: win

CCC had to do nothing of note: win

Let’s all just move on. A good compromise is where no one gets everything they want and that seems to be where we’ve landed.

Saddlebrains

Tell me if I'm talking bollocks, But why a joint press conference?

All this talk of Club shop and CCFC signage being plastered everywhere.

The 'best deal the clubs ever received at the Ricoh'

Could it be that we actually finally have a stake in the place?

Don't see why its not just a released statement as we've had the times before, could more be afoot?

shmmeee

Don't see why its not just a released statement as we've had the times before, could more be afoot?

Hope so. If not that’s the next battle for us as fans: we’re here long term, let’s act like it.

Skybluefaz

We may have just got a good commercial deal, which is probably all we ever wanted. Now Wasps can demand more for stadium naming rights etc (which we should have a cut of). Now maybe we can move on as 'pals' hence the joint presser.

AOM

Let’s all just move on. A good compromise is where no one gets everything they want and that seems to be where we’ve landed.

Agreed. Wasps (unfortunately) aren't going anywhere anytime soon so think from a CCFC point of view, this is the best we could have hoped for and we just need to focus on ourselves going forwards.

Ball is now in SISU's court about building any new ground so they have up to 10 years to put up or shut up

jordan210

Maybe its all part of some multi billionaires master plan. They are going to buy us and wasps. But need both teams in one location.

mark82

There won't be any ownership but it's certainly more of a commitment than in the past.

fernandopartridge

People on here think they should be run out of town with pitchforks. Not sure what the point of nut picking is.

We’re going to be sharing for ten years at least, probably best for everyone’s blood pressure if they just get over it.

I have got over it - see my post on the thread about whether or not it should be a new stadium or part ownership of the Ricoh, i'm just pointing out a post I'd read.

fernandopartridge

I think the joint press conference is a good sign. When previous deals were signed it was in a pretty adversarial way.

In some respects CCFC is a different proposition now who Wasps might want to associate more closely with (look how many times we've been on Sky this season at St Andrews), let's just hope we can stay up.

Samo

When is the press conference?

samccov1987

I wonder if they’ll announce a new stadium sponsor at the same time? Big news story and maximum exposure.

Magwitch1

I suppose under the circumstances it’s something we have to do remember both sides had dug their heels in so now have to show we are all friends again (don’t laugh) let’s get this deal signed and sealed and move on once it is done we won’t need Wasps again.

SBT

I wonder if they’ll announce a new stadium sponsor at the same time? Big news story and maximum exposure.

Nah. Any new sponsor would want a lot of distance between themselves and the kinds of grimey questions that could come up.

Nick

Administrator
I think the joint press conference is a good sign. When previous deals were signed it was in a pretty adversarial way.

In some respects CCFC is a different proposition now who Wasps might want to associate more closely with (look how many times we've been on Sky this season at St Andrews), let's just hope we can stay up.

Yep, we are a much more attractive prospect. I'd imagine one of our games against a bigger Championship club would get more people watching than Wasps would in a season.

There's also iFollow as well.

shmmeee

I have got over it - see my post on the thread about whether or not it should be a new stadium or part ownership of the Ricoh, i'm just pointing out a post I'd read.

Yeah I know. Not specifically at you, just a general let’s not go looking for lunatics cos you’ll always find them type thing.

Gregbant

People on here think they should be run out of town with pitchforks. Not sure what the point of nut picking is.

We’re going to be sharing for ten years at least, probably best for everyone’s blood pressure if they just get over it.

Good Post, rowing with people helped get us to league 2. We need positive relationships with all partners unfortunately including Wasps, to have any chance of a saleable asset.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah in an ideal world I'm not happy being beholden to Wasps. In this world however, it's a short enough deal we'll move into our new ground (lol) so keep our independence, and we are actually playing in the right city, in the only practical option at present.

Paxman II

Nothing on the CCFC website as yet. As this has made it to SkySports news, and other outlets then surely they can't hold back the official announcement till next week? EFL rubber stamping it we hear last night/today? So they would have to make this annoucement immenently surely? Lets hope all is as leaked out so far, and not another dead end. Past records btween these parties suggest further caution! But I really hope it's all true. Just terrible management if they wait a week to announce it now.

Saddlebrains

Its done.

When rumours have surfaced in the past either the club or wasps issued a statement denying it.

Also, the Beeb, Sky Sports , literally every media outlt has covered it.

They wouldnt do that without cast iron info.

Chill, sit in the bath and have a magnum

Sky Blue Pete

Nothing on the CCFC website as yet. As this has made it to SkySports news, and other outlets then surely they can't hold back the official announcement till next week? EFL rubber stamping it we hear last night/today? So they would have to make this annoucement immenently surely? Lets hope all is as leaked out so far, and not another dead end. Past records btween these parties suggest further caution! But I really hope it's all true. Just terrible management if they wait a week to announce it now.
It could all be being worked through and the leak nothing to do with either party of course

cc84cov

Heard earlier SISU moved the goal posts late my pal reckons we requested a clause if we go down we can move back to Brum & everything fell silent after supposedly it was due to be signed off - conspiracy theory’s begin 🤣

Sky Blue Pete

Heard earlier SISU moved the goal posts late my pal reckons we requested a clause if we go down we can move back to Brum & everything fell silent after supposedly it was due to be signed off - conspiracy theory’s begin 🤣
Mmmmmmm smells like xxxx, looks like xxxx it probably is xxxx

ajsccfc

Wasps and CCFC joint press conference?

IOUqWmE.gif

Users who are viewing this thread